PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by king0fthis23

NEED HELP

Ok, so i was gonna play black ops today and when i put in the disc, everything was fine until it got to the title screen (the one before the lady is smoking). The screen froze but i could still hear it go to main menu. it can't be the ps3 because i tried all my other games and they're all fine.  has this ever happened to any of you? and how do i fix this?

This is what happened to me last night. What i did this morning was restore my system to default settings. Is the 9 hour wait worth it for black ops?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

half the ps3 info is xbox info

preorder for the vita is up on amazon both 3g and wifi
I think i'll wait for GameStop, walk in - pickup, I don't trust Amazon shady shipping.
why you had problem with them? 
i buy tons on amazon, i get it quick + if theres a problem they give you more credit...plus no tax free ship cant beat that 

yup i buy everything video game related from them now. go with amazon prime and its a wrap for retail stores. its especially sick during the holidays. cheapassgamer.com + amazon.com = tons of money saved

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by Capo617

Anyone platinum Black Ops? I'm about 4 trophies away. Not counting the 4 new trophies for Call of the Dead. Gonna suck having to play through again looking for all the intels.

i cant get the in the money trophy. I got more than 5 games in the money but still nothing.
That's an online trophy, huh?

It prolly won't work, cause that trophies tied into your PSN-ID, but did you try backing up your save file, deleting it, and then trying to get in the money five more times?

No wonder I've been getting double exp. map pack is out? nice.
edit* are you guys using your credit card/debit card for this purchase of the map pack or are you using the psn cards? i'd get the map pack now with my credit card but I dont want to get my information stolen again. 

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Man both Assassins Creed I & Assassins Creed II deluxe edition which includes all of the DLC released are $9.99 on PSN. I'm about to cop both. That's dirt cheap for those 2 games.

Has anyone on here with PS+ ever used the 60 minute game trial and actually gone through and beat a full game? I don't see how it could be done. I just downloaded Dante's Inferno using this feature.
Never beat a full game, but any trophies you earn while playing you keep.
You will all learn to hate Hotel. Awful map.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Did Geoff ever have a round table sitdown with Jack Tretton after Sony PS3 conference?

I never saw it but i heard that he did. It probably got overshadowed by Reggie's interview

Didn't know Escalation was 2.355 GB!
eek.gif
Still downloading. Gonna leave my pS3 on overnight. Oh well.

Saw this on kotaku; hopefully, there is more to come. Hopefully those #%@$ at lulzsec get caught as well.
pimp.gif

BREAKING
Three Arrested in PSN Hack Attacks

By Brian Crecente, Jun 10, 2011 10:46 AM

Spanish police this morning say they have arrested three involved in the hacking of Sony's Playstation Network, which shut down the Playstation 3's network for month, locking nearly 80 million gamers out of playing online.

"Spanish Police dismantle the #Anonymous hacker group in Spain. They attacked #Playstation Store," they wrote on their official Twitter feed early this morning. "Police arrested 3 #Anonymous leaders in Barcelona, Alicante & Almería. They attacked governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Colombia...

"#Anonymous has thousands of "zombies" computers infected all over the world."

The New York Times reports that according to police one of the hackers had "harbored a computer server in an apartment in the northern port city of Gijon, from which the group attacked the Web sites of the Sony PlayStation online gaming store."

It is not clear if the three were the only ones responsible for the massive hack attack or if this is the beginning of a series of arrests.

Spanish police say the three are also connected to hacking attacks on banks BBVA and Bankia, utility ENEL and the governments of Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Iran, Chile, Colombia and New Zealand.

The investigation by Spanish police in October 2010 after a denial of service attack was carried out on the country's Minister of Culture website.

Anonyops, a site often used for public statements from the group, had no comment posted about the arrest, though the three arrested were freed without bail.

National Police Dismantle the Leadership of the Organization "Hacktivist" Anonymous in Spain

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by Capo617

Anyone platinum Black Ops? I'm about 4 trophies away. Not counting the 4 new trophies for Call of the Dead. Gonna suck having to play through again looking for all the intels.

i cant get the in the money trophy. I got more than 5 games in the money but still nothing.

It prolly won't work, cause that trophies tied into your PSN-ID, but did you try backing up your save file, deleting it, and then trying to get in the money five more times?

I had to get in the money about 10 - 12 times before I got this trophy.

I hope they catch the Anon guys and flog them real good, but then again i'm enjoying inFamous and LBP
laugh.gif
Spoiler [+]
 I was going to get them

Anyway, Party chat looking more likely. I still don't know what i'm missing but a lot of people go on about it.
We had a demo on the last day of E3 immediately following a hands-on WipEout 2048 experience. Ramana Prakash, manager of Sony Computer Entertainment America’s online technology group, explained that Party allows you to chat with anyone in your group no matter what game you are playing. This has long been a demand of PlayStation 3 gamers, and after seeing how remarkably well it works on Vita, it seems logical the feature will makes its way to Sony’s console.

When asked when we’ll see Party on the PS3, Prakash quickly made it clear that “we are only announcing it for the Vita.†However, quickly after that comment, another rep from Sony, who asked to be anonymous, hinted that we’ll likely see this feature make its way to the PS3.

Beyond the anonymous comment, it would make a lot of sense that Party will eventually come to the PS3 because of Vita’s ability to seamlessly network with the PS3. For instance, our demo of WipEout 2048 put three of us together competing through the PlayStation Network. Two of us played on Vitas and one played on the PS3. This ability is unique, and best of all, it works like a charm. We experienced no lag and we can’t wait to see what other creative things Sony will do with this ability.

The actual Party system is remarkable in person. It’s fast, the voice chat is smooth, and the ability to join a friend in game happens in seconds. Prakash showed how someone invited him to a room to chat, then his friend started to play WipEout 2048, which he could see through a little logo below that friend’s name. At the touch of the screen on the Vita he joined his friend and was ready to compete.
http://www.psu.com/Rumor--PS-Vitas-Party-voice-chat-feature-coming-to-PS3---a011987-p0.php

Also more Dust 514 info, this game has so much potential. All it needs is flawless execution

Tags: GameTrailers.com, DUST 514 - E3 2011: EVE Integration Interview HD, PC Games, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

RPS: When I first heard about the idea of DUST and EVE, I felt like there was a class structure to it. You have your upper-middle class people flying ships, and then they employ the grunts on the surface. Now, that sounds massively appealing to an EVE player, but how do you sell that to a DUST player?

Thomas: It’s actually not quite the case. It’s not a one-way relationship. The way we’ve designed it, and the way we’ve iterated on the design, is that if you have a corporation that’s pure mercenaries, pure DUST players, then sure, an EVE corp can say, “I want you to go over here and destroy this guy’s infrastructure. I’ll pay you this much to do it. And if you don’t do it I’m going to be kind of pissed at you.†But then you can also have that DUST corp load up their war barge, go to any planet, and just attack it themselves. And they can take control of that infrastructure. There’s no difference between the infrastructure being deployed between the games. So a pure DUST corp can come in and just start attacking, or if it’s a virgin planet they can deploy planetary infrastructure themselves. So they’re not slaves. They can be self-sufficient. But unless they cooperate they’ll never get the full benefits, because the orbital constructions and the surface-based constructions, they do literally need to be linked to form a space elevator, to gain the maximum benefits and impact sovereignity, so that encourages players to act together.

RPS: So can you see it happening the other way around? Can a DUST corp hire an EVE corp?

Thomas: It’s funny, a lot of the talk has been the other way around. But there’s absolutely no reason why not. Right now there’s not an awful lot a DUST corp can do about orbital control centres and things like that. So it could go the other way.

Full interview: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/08/interview-ccp-on-dust-514-and-eve/

Is anyone else having trouble redeeming their free games? I clicked one, and backed out, then when I tried to go back into the free game coupon, it disappeared. Sup with that?

Edit:
I found the answer to my question upon writing Sony about the issue. They had a FAQ that popped up before I sent the letter.

HERE is the answer if anyone else needs it. They're doing a good job handling everything.

I'm not sure what's preventing Sony from establishing party chat on PS3..Developer dependance doesn't make sense either as it should be a SYSTEM feature not a game feature. Can't be copyright issues as Steam has group chat on it's platform, unless MS has it locked for consoles..Or Sony just isn't focusing on it as much as they lead on..

from gamer4eva.com
[h1]Silent Hill: Downpour detailed alongside The Silent Hill HD Collection and Book of Memories.[/h1]
[h2]Thursday, June 9[/h2]

The Silent Hill series remains one of the most fascinating and entertaining stories in video game history, and the three new titles celebrate the past, present and future of the franchise. Silent Hill Downpour follows a convict called Murphy Pendleton, whose transport to a secure facility is interrupted by a crash on the edge of the town. Wandering into Silent Hill, Pendleton explores new areas unseen in the Silent Hill series, including the town’s defunct transport tunnels.

Silent Hill: Downpour will be available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with 3D functionality. This will mark the series’ first foray into 3D and will also allow the players to become truly immersed in the game’s familiar mist-shrouded streets. Konami has also confirmed that platinum-selling rock band KORN have created a track especially for the game’s soundtrack, which is perfectly coupled with Dan Licht’s eerie score.

KONAMI will also celebrating the past of the Silent Hill range, with the release of The Silent Hill HD Collection for PlayStation 3, which brings Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 bang up to date, with all new enhancements and high-definition graphics. The games have been completely reworked, with all-new voice talent, and the addition of PlayStation Network Trophies. The Silent Hill HD Collection will be released in Q4.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories is the first Konami title to be confirmed for the forthcoming PlayStation Vita portable device, and is also the first ever multi-player Silent Hill title. The game will feature an all-new scenario and soundtrack, and links past and present events in the series in one game. Working with a friend, players are left stranded in Silent Hill, where they must work together in order to escape the town and its inhuman denizens.

Silent Hil: Downpour will be released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Q4, as will The Silent Hill HD Collection for PlayStation 3. No date has been set for Silent Hill: Book of Memories at this point.

Really loving all the HD collections..

^ I heard MS had a patent that basically makes it hard for Sony to try and implement cross party chat themselves without infringing MS's patents. Now that it's on the PSV, maybe they found a way, if thats the case then it should not be too long

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

I'm not sure what's preventing Sony from establishing party chat on PS3..Developer dependance doesn't make sense either as it should be a SYSTEM feature not a game feature. Can't be copyright issues as Steam has group chat on it's platform, unless MS has it locked for consoles..Or Sony just isn't focusing on it as much as they lead on..

from gamer4eva.com
[h1]Silent Hill: Downpour detailed alongside The Silent Hill HD Collection and Book of Memories.[/h1]
[h2]Thursday, June 9[/h2]

The Silent Hill series remains one of the most fascinating and entertaining stories in video game history, and the three new titles celebrate the past, present and future of the franchise. Silent Hill Downpour follows a convict called Murphy Pendleton, whose transport to a secure facility is interrupted by a crash on the edge of the town. Wandering into Silent Hill, Pendleton explores new areas unseen in the Silent Hill series, including the town’s defunct transport tunnels.

Silent Hill: Downpour will be available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with 3D functionality. This will mark the series’ first foray into 3D and will also allow the players to become truly immersed in the game’s familiar mist-shrouded streets. Konami has also confirmed that platinum-selling rock band KORN have created a track especially for the game’s soundtrack, which is perfectly coupled with Dan Licht’s eerie score.

KONAMI will also celebrating the past of the Silent Hill range, with the release of The Silent Hill HD Collection for PlayStation 3, which brings Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 bang up to date, with all new enhancements and high-definition graphics. The games have been completely reworked, with all-new voice talent, and the addition of PlayStation Network Trophies. The Silent Hill HD Collection will be released in Q4.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories is the first Konami title to be confirmed for the forthcoming PlayStation Vita portable device, and is also the first ever multi-player Silent Hill title. The game will feature an all-new scenario and soundtrack, and links past and present events in the series in one game. Working with a friend, players are left stranded in Silent Hill, where they must work together in order to escape the town and its inhuman denizens.

Silent Hil: Downpour will be released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Q4, as will The Silent Hill HD Collection for PlayStation 3. No date has been set for Silent Hill: Book of Memories at this point.

Yeah  me also. The PS2 generation days I neglected and didn't touch any of the great franchises like God Of War, The Sly Cooper games, Tomb Raider, Prince Of Persia games, and Tomb Raider games mainly because I just played GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and Madden during those days. Heck the first Ratchet & Clank and MLB The Show games I played were on PS3.

But yeah HD remastered games & trophy support is
pimp.gif
and is why I don't care about backwards compatibility. Even when I had my 60GB PS3 I played GTA Vice City on it about 5 times and just couldn't stand the horrible crappy graphics
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
especially after playing this generations games in HD. It's like when you watch a sporting event like Football or Basketball in HD and switch to the regular 480P channel and your like
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Yeah  me also. The PS2 generation days I neglected and didn't touch any of the great franchises like God Of War, The Sly Cooper games, Tomb Raider, Prince Of Persia games, and Tomb Raider games mainly because I just played GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and Madden during those days. Heck the first Ratchet & Clank and MLB The Show games I played were on PS3.

But yeah HD remastered games & trophy support is
pimp.gif
and is why I don't care about backwards compatibility. Even when I had my 60GB PS3 I played GTA Vice City on it about 5 times and just couldn't stand the horrible crappy graphics
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
especially after playing this generations games in HD. It's like when you watch a sporting event like Football or Basketball in HD and switch to the regular 480P channel and your like
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yep, PS2 days I got extra busy w/school & other things so I missed a few key games..My 60gb crapped out last year & its been Slim model ever since. The bump in graphics, cheap price & trophy support are definitely appreciated..Also it gives me a chance to play games I otherwise wouldn't check out (Splinter Cell collection) just cuz they're available in one convenient package..

It's simply astonishing that amount of campers on BO. It's the only thing I despise about the experience on PS3.

Besides that, the new maps are keeping me busy. Free-For-All on ZOO! =
eek.gif

PO

anyone having trouble using their playstation network card? i've been getting the error code everytime i try to put the funds in.

Heads up
This weeks IGN podcast BEYOND! is pretty darn good. They are interview the President of Sony

beyond!

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Heads up
This weeks IGN podcast BEYOND! is pretty darn good. They are interview the President of Sony

beyond!

Nice. I'll download and listen to it on my iPhone when I have some free time.Anyone heard about the rumors about the PS3 getting google chrome as the Internet browser?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I had to get in the money about 10 - 12 times before I got this trophy.
hit up Gun Game for in the money. Easy game and super fun.

Played a game of search today (I just play tdm) ended up as the last alive on my team and went off. Took out the surviving 4 on their team alone for the win.
pimp.gif
Had to put that in the file share wish I could add a file longer than 30 seconds to Youtube from theater.

Escalation SUCKS 
laugh.gif
hot garbage. half the maps have nothing to do with the story locations.

im amazed they didn't release hotel as the map pack with each floor counting as a map

Back
Top Bottom