PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

for those of you that DL the DCU Beta, how long did it take? the timer just hit 10min, and im getting impatient....

the thing is like 16gb
more or less how long would that take? im about to let the system run while im at work tm.. can i dl it online then transfer to the system?...

no psn update today? thought it was on tuesdays

got 40$ in psn cards any must haves? (already got mvc2,ssf2hd,ff7,sonic adventure,deadnation,zombie apocalyse,fat princess)

Detuned 
laugh.gif

Or get 10 more bucks and try Playstation Plus

Please confirm your birth date:

Please enter a valid date

Please enter your full birth year

This content is restricted.
[h1]ESRB Lists Xenogears, Three Other PS1 Classics[/h1]
thumb160x_custom_1293676305302_xenogears_box.jpg
Four classic titles from Squaresoft (now Square Enix) have been rated by the ESRB for release on the PSP and PS3, indicating an imminent release to the North American PlayStation Store.

Xenogears, plus Legend of Mana and Vagrant Story all have gotten Teen ratings, while Threads of Fate has been rated Everyone. Sony Computer Entertainment America is listed as the publisher, which almost certainly means these will be PSOne classics released over the PlayStation Store.

Xenogears was part of a PSOne classics release on the Japanese PlayStation Network back in 2008.

[h4]Hackers obtain PS3 private cryptography key due to epic programming fail? (video)[/h4]
By Sean Hollister posted Dec 29th 2010 7:48PM

The 27th annual Chaos Communication Conference already hacked encrypted GSM calls with a $15 cellphone, but there was a second surprise in store this morn -- the souls who unlocked the Nintendo Wii's homebrew potential (and defended it time and again) claim to have broken into the PlayStation 3 as well. Last we left the black monolith, Sony had won a round, forcing the community to downgrade their firmware for any hope at hacking into the console. Well, the newly formed fail0verflow hacking squad says that won't be a problem any longer, because they've found a way to get the PS3 to reveal its own private cryptography key -- the magic password that could let the community sign its very own code.

So far, the team hasn't provided any proof that the deed's been done, but they have provided quite an extensive explanation of how they managed the feat: apparently, Sony didn't bother generating any random numbers to secure the blasted thing. (We don't really know how it works, but we have it on good authority that dead cryptography professors are rapidly spinning in their graves.) The group intends to generate a proof-of-concept video tomorrow, and release the tools sometime next month, which they claim should eventually enable the installation of Linux on every PS3 ever sold. Catch the whole presentation after the break in video form, or skip to 33:00 for the good stuff.

SONY IS SCREWED

Originally Posted by RKO2004

^ Whats the point of them doing this though?

douche bag cred, all this nonsense about how they didnt think do so until sony removed otherOS so theyre punishing sony for doing so

Originally Posted by RKO2004

^ Whats the point of them doing this though?
having full access of the system to run homebrew and to verify and sign code or packages, but really this is really Sony's fault all of the

security in the system was poorly implemented or coded badly. that code you see up there the cryptography key, its supposed to be random every time to make it difficult for a hacker to run a

unsigned code but sony like a morons left the random number to be a recurring number   

Via 1up.com

PSP is Japan's best-selling console of 2010, Pokemon Black/White the top game
monsterhunterportable3530.jpg

You could probably guess the two best-selling games in Japan this year: Pokemon Black and White and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. The DS monster collecting adventure and the PSP monster murder adventure sold 4,734,064 and 3,163,750 units respectively, according to a year-end report by ASCII. Monster Hunter managed to finish in second place after less than one month of sales -- it was released on December 1.

It should come as no surprise, given the blockbuster status of those two, that the DS and PSP were the best-selling hardware platforms in Japan as well. The PSP was the only console to show growth in sales versus 2009, selling 600,000 more consoles than the previous year. 2,719,544 DS systems were sold in 2010, down a million from 2009. Find out how other systems did, and see the rest of the top ten best-selling games, after the break.
Japanese hardware sales, 2010:
PSP -- 2,729,718
DS -- 2,719,544
Wii -- 1,592,563
PS3 -- 1,542,258
Xbox 360 -- 231,258
PS2 -- 83,030
Japanese software sales, 2010:
Pokemon Black/Pokemon White -- DS -- 4,734,064
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd -- PSP -- 3,163,750
New Super Mario Bros. Wii -- Wii -- 1,692,401
Wii Party -- Wii -- 1,385,541
Dragon Quest VI -- DS -- 1,354,841
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 -- DS -- 1,305,750
Tomodachi Collection -- DS -- 1,112,298
Super Mario Galaxy 2 -- Wii -- 931,534
Inazuma Eleven 3 Spark/Bomber -- DS -- 930,580
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep -- PSP -- 844,980

Via Amazon.com

European box art revealed for MotorStorm Apocalypse
motortormap.jpg

Amazon France has revealed what appears to be the official European box art for the upcoming Playstation 3 exclusive title, MotorStorm Apocalypse. The arcade racer will be released on March 16th.

You can check out the European box art, as well as some gameplay screens, for MotorStorm Apocalypse in the slideshow to the left of this article.

Never got into this series, it just looked lame.

Via siliconera.com

Square Enix Preparing Final Fantasy Type-0?
image464.png

It appears Square Enix has another Final Fantasy spinoff in the works. By searching Europe’s trademark database, we discovered Final Fantasy Type-0.

In addition to a trademark for a potential title, Square Enix filed a logo for Type-0 with "type zero" written in kanji. Usually, Square Enix just files a title like Nier or Tactics Ogre. Since Square Enix registered a logo too, this is probably bigger.

Square Enix’s 1st production press conference is just a month away. Perhaps, we’ll see Final Fantasy Type-0 popup there.

My fat just stopped reading disks the other day. I know they say it's just coincidence but I still say the 3.55 update did it
laugh.gif

Good thing I bought a slim at Walmart a few weeks back for (basically) $200.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

^^^ I tried that, the deal is done (coupon redemption exceeded its limit).

which one did you get?
I'm late but I copped the 320gig. I tried the hair dryer trick on my 60gig, no bueno, so I took it apart; the power source was ok and everything else looked normal so I'm gonna re-flow the CPU and GPU and then it should work fine again. I'm just busy so I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
Just figured I'd update y'all on this.
(my 60gig got YLOD on Thanksgiving weekend)

We're snowed in here in NY so I decided to use today to re-flow my 60gig....
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
IT WORKED!!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Took me 2 hours to do it cuz I was trying to keep everything organized and not strip anything. Surprisingly, my PS3 looked really clean, the fan and all, the shotty compound was the only reason it stopped working
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
y'all have no idea how happy I am right now! Even though it works, I'm gonna stick to using the 320gig, I'm just gonna transfer the data and box it up. If anyone gets the YLOD and wants to try this (assuming your power source is good, meaning it powers on but doesn't stay on) follow this sequence of videos:

hey thats good news... but i think you should try to sell your 60 gig.  it most likely will have problems again.

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

When is Ps3 going to have cross game chat???
Never, most likely. If they haven't by now, then I'd assume they aren't going to.
Hope everyone had a good holiday and a happy New Year. I'm still sobering up after a 9 day bender. 
laugh.gif

Got AC:Brotherhood and a Logitech wheel for GT5 for Christmas, as well as scooped a couple games for 5 bucks on boxing day (Fear 2, Damnation)

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

When is Ps3 going to have cross game chat???
Never, most likely. If they haven't by now, then I'd assume they aren't going to.
Hope everyone had a good holiday and a happy New Year. I'm still sobering up after a 9 day bender. 
laugh.gif

Got AC:Brotherhood and a Logitech wheel for GT5 for Christmas, as well as scooped a couple games for 5 bucks on boxing day (Fear 2, Damnation)
F.E.A.R. 2 has some pretty good pacing, and a number of easy trophies. Great buy for that cheap.

[h1]GeoHot Releases Metldr Key - All PS3 Keys Now Vulnerable [/h1]

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Today, Geohot, posted everything you need, to sign and decrypt your own PS3 loaders. On his website, Geohot.com, he revealed the Metldr Key. This is a very important feat. The ability to decrypt the PS3's loaders, means the ability to get the keys for everything else on the PS3! Since MetLdr can't be updated with new keys, Sony's system is basically hacked for good!

erk: C0 CE FE 84 C2 27 F7 5B D0 7A 7E B8 46 50 9F 93 B2 38 E7 70 DA CB 9F F4 A3 88 F8 12 48 2B E2 1B
riv: 47 EE 74 54 E4 77 4C C9 B8 96 0C 7B 59 F4 C1 4D
pub: C2 D4 AA F3 19 35 50 19 AF 99 D4 4E 2B 58 CA 29 25 2C 89 12 3D 11 D6 21 8F 40 B1 38 CA B2 9B 71 01 F3 AE B7 2A 97 50 19
R: 80 6E 07 8F A1 52 97 90 CE 1A AE 02 BA DD 6F AA A6 AF 74 17
n: E1 3A 7E BC 3A CC EB 1C B5 6C C8 60 FC AB DB 6A 04 8C 55 E1
K: BA 90 55 91 68 61 B9 77 ED CB ED 92 00 50 92 F6 6C 7A 3D 8D
Da: C5 B2 BF A1 A4 13 DD 16 F2 6D 31 C0 F2 ED 47 20 DC FB 06 70

i do not condone piracy

if you want your next console to be secure, get in touch with me. any of you 3.
it'd be fun to be on the other side.
Here is what Mathieulh, had to say on the matter:

Ok folks, you can now decrypt and sign anything on the playstation 3 system. Congrats geohot !

Update: Mathieulh just released the Isolated Module Keys

Here for the sake of it, isoldr keys:

1.00-3.30:
erk: 8860D0CFF4D0DC688D3223321B96B59A777E6914961488E070 48DAECB020ECA4
riv: C82D015D46CF152F1DD0C16F18B5B1E5

3.55:
erk: BDB74AA6E3BA2DC10B1BD7F17198399A158DBE1FA0BEA68C90 FCACBE4D04BE37
riv:1D5EFBE7C5D34AD60F9FBC46A5977FCE

Not like those keys are hard to get anymore, yesterday we still had to exploit loaders to get them eh ?

What's good NT.

Man 2011 for PS3 games is going to be 
pimp.gif

I hardly though buy PS3 games at full retail. As much as I want to play Mass Effect 2 I'm probably going to wait for it to drop in price to the $29.99 to $39.99 price range. Right my back log of games I still need to play and finish are: Uncharted 2, Castlevania Lords Of Shadow, The Sly Collection, and NBA 2K11. Then after that I'm going to cop L.A. Noire, The Team ICO collection, and Twisted Metal.

Also thinking about copping from PSN Dead Nation, and DLC pack Mafia 2 Joe's Adventures.

Oh yeah I know Mafia 2 got bad reviews but the game is definitely worth checking out and playing. The story is 
pimp.gif

I at first got the game through a trade off a guy in craigslist who wanted Medal Of Honor which I regretted buying. So I beat the main storyline for the game and then resold the game to amazon for $27 trade in value. But now just got the game brand new for $10 and some change at Best Buy since it was on sale for $29.99 and I had 3 rewards zone coupons that were worth $20 bucks total.

Oh yeah Castlevania Lords Of Shadow from what I read on other forums is a lot better than what review sites gave it also. I managed to get the limited edition for $14.99 off amazon when the it went on sale for $39.99 the day after Christmas and because I had $25 in amazon credit left from the PS3 160GB Slim deal which gave you $100 credit with amazon last month.

Here is the link for the deal on Mafia 2:

http://www.bestbuy.com/si...9261069&st=Mafia%202

Back
Top Bottom