PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

theprocessofbelief wrote:

Anyone on NT platinum FFXIII? I need some help on how to get the damn catalyst to get the 8 final weapons. I have literally fought the creature who should be dropping it 83 times and it has yet to drop a single Trapazehedron.
indifferent.gif

The drop rate is less than 1%.

Sorry man. I didn't have anything to do with that
grin.gif
connoisseur's catalog + death spamming w/ malboro wand (or nirvana made from said wand) = highest chance of getting it.
i got all the ultimate weapons this way. you just got to hope that you kill the Adamantoise under par time, which should increase your chance of getting it. i also got a lot of platinum ingots while trying to get it, which should get you enough money to actually buy one.
laugh.gif

I hate when games rely on luck for something rather than anything to do with skill. 
smh.gif
 I have read people that said they have gotten 20 Traps after only fighting them 50 times.
indifferent.gif

My characters are powerful enough to kill an Adamantoise under par time without death-spam. I go in, summon Odin, dismiss him (just to put the Adamantoise down) I have Kaiser knuckles maxed on Fang so I can kill him before he gets back up.

I have read you can also make a couple ultimates, then break them down after they are maxed to get 3 Trap's.

I just really have no desire to spend 30 hours doing this.

And Platinum Ingots only drop every 10 or so battles for me.

On a related note, Star Ocean (minus the rediculously long cut-scenes) was a great game. I beat the main storyline in 65 hours. I'll go back and play through to beat optional bosses, ect. All my characters were under level 60, too.

I want to like it, but the beta was EXTRA slow. In terms of speed, it doesn't even compare to COD4. It looks really good but unless it feels as good as it looks I won't be wasting my money.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

I want to like it, but the beta was EXTRA slow. In terms of speed, it doesn't even compare to COD4. It looks really good but unless it feels as good as it looks I won't be wasting my money.
im on the same boat, just finish watching the GT special, toward the end ...it seem like they really taking those BETA feedback seriously ....he did mention he wanna get the MOH feel and speed up the multi-player up a bit ...this is one game i really really want too be successful again ..
embarassed.gif

[h1]What happens when PlayStation Plus games expire?[/h1]
by Andrew Yoon on Aug 16th 2010 5:00PM

In about a month, people who purchased a 3-month subscription to PlayStation Plus will be faced with one crucial question. What happens to my games when my subscription ends? Joystiq had access to a press-only 1 month trial, and recently found out the answer. Sony's premium online subscription service has offered a number of "free" games -- full PSN games, like WipEout HD and Critter Crunch, and a variety of Minis and PSone classics. However, these titles were all made available with a caveat: they'd remain accessible for as long as your subscription remained active.

Attempting to launch an expired game will trigger this prompt: "This content can be used if you renew the license in PlayStation Store." You'll be able to launch directly into the PlayStation Store, where you will be able to purchase the expired title. For example, we could purchase Aero Racer for its full price of $2.99 from the PlayStation Store. We could also choose to purchase a new PlayStation Plus subscription to extend the license.

Curiously, PSone games (like Syphon Filter) appear to work even after the Plus subscription ends. Although clearly marked as Expired under the game's "Details," the game launches normally. It's unclear if this is simply an oversight, or if this content is meant to be free, even after the end of a subscription (much like downloaded avatars and XMB themes). Nevertheless, we've asked Sony to clarify because, hey – permanently free games makes PlayStation Plus a much more palatable offer! If it's a glitch, you can look forward to another mandatory firmware update sometime soon (sorry!).http://
For some, PlayStation Plus's variety of discounts and trial games have already proven worth the price of admission. However, those that are unsatisfied with the service should take note of yet another caveat with the service. Subscriptions are automatically set to auto-renew, meaning 3-month subscribers have little time left to change their PSN settings. From Account Management, you'll want to ensure "Automatic Funding" is turned off, and check "Services" to turn off PlayStation Plus's auto-renew feature.

imag0240.jpg

Go to "Account Management" in the XMB. Make sure "Automatic Funding" is turned Off to ensure your credit card isn't charged for any subscription renewal. Go to "Services" to edit any settings for your PlayStation Plus account.

imag0255.jpg

Content that was purchased with an expired PlayStation Plus account will feature a blue shopping bag (as opposed to the usual red). If your account has expired, you will need to pay the game's full price to continue using it.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Medal of Honor >
"aww !#%%, I've seen this movie before. Private, switch with me..."
laugh.gif

I've been really looking forward to this game. already have it fully paid off and everything.
pimp.gif

I thought the beta was fine. a little trouble with hit detection at times, but what shooter doesnt have that problem. the speed felt just right for a war game. again, cant wait.
pimp.gif

and on a side note, The Other M is lookin pretty serious too.
pimp.gif

Via playstationlifestyle.net

160GB Isn’t the Only PS3 Hardware News Incoming; 320GB, Price Drop too
feature-ps3-slim.jpg

You may have read elsewhere on the internet that GameStop.com has recently outed the existence of a 160GB PS3. However, according to a retail source, that isn’t the only new PS3 hardware news on the horizon.

In what could only be a planned announcement for tomorrow’s Sony gamescom press conference, new iterations of PS3 hardware are on the way. The 160GB version was seemingly outed by GameStop this evening, but according to our retail source, that’s not all.

Along with the 160GB PS3, a 320GB PS3 will be available as well, putting the PS3’s HDD capacity well over the premium Xbox 360 model’s 250GB.

But won’t that be confusing for consumers having a 120, 160, 250, and 320GB models available at retail? Nope. That’s because the 120GB and 250GB models are being phased out and are being replaced by their slightly larger HDD counterparts.

So what’s going to happen to the 120GB and 250GB PS3? Price drops… Or at least a temporary one. Our retail source also reports that listed right now in his store’s system, it has the 250GB PS3 for $299.99. That’s a $50 price drop for the 250GB model. Although our source didn’t report on if the 120GB model would also be seeing a price drop, it would make sense for Sony to do so, to clear out existing stock of the older slim models to make way for the new SKU.

This same situation happened back when the 80GB “fat

Via gamkyo.com

Get Ready to Party with DJ Hero 2 this October
feature-DJ-Hero-2.jpg

DJ Hero 2 has had a late 2010 release date planned since its announcement back in June. Fans of the first game have been anxiously waiting as seemingly more tracks are confirmed every week. Thankfully, a release date has finally been set in stone.

Activision has given a release date for DJ Hero with the North American version coming on October 19th while the European version will release on October 22nd. These dates land about a week before the one-year anniversary of the original DJ Hero’s release, so chances are that this latest franchise will become a yearly ordeal similar to other popular Activision products.

DJ Hero 2 will feature dozens upon dozens of artists ranging from rap artists such as Eminem to techno with DJ Tiesto. The game will also feature new additions for the series including microphone support and much improved freestyle capability. While the release date may be a bit sooner than expected, fans of the first title should feel right at home.

Via Amazon.com

Pre-Order Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Get Shift for Free
feature-NeedforSpeedHotPursuit01.jpg

Currently on Amazon, the online retail super store is offering pre-purchasers of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit a free copy last year’s Need for Speed: Shift. Basically, all the buyer needs to do is reserve their own copy of Hot Pursuit by buying through the shopping cart. Please be advised that the offer is not valid with the ‘1-Click Buy’ system and is only offered if shipped and sold by Amazon. Here is the special offer from the Amazon website:

“Pre-order “Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit,

[h1]Gamescom: Dragon Age 2 Release Date[/h1][h2]BioWare's medieval RPG returns next spring.[/h2][h2]August 17, 2010[/h2]

Dragon Age: Origins isn't even a year old, and today at Gamescom Electronic Arts announced the release date for the sequel. You'll be able to get your hands on Dragon Age 2 on March 8 in North America and March 11 in Europe.

Dragon Age 2 features a tweaked art style and new combat system that should be friendlier for console controllers. We'll have updated impressions this week from the Gamescom show floor.

EA set a release date for January, 2011. A company representative told IGN the publisher has "no plans" to bring Mass Effect 1 to PS3.

ea just planning on leaving PS players with their $%!!! in their hands
smh.gif

also theres a guy on qik.com filming the sony press conference with his n97
pimp.gif
  cause sony aint live streaming

[h1]Gamescom: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One Announced[/h1][h2]New title focuses on cooperative play.[/h2][h2]August 17, 2010

[/h2]

Insomniac Games president Ted Price and studio manager Chad Dezem out of their North Carolina office took the stage during Sony's Gamescom press conference to announce a new PlayStation 3 title, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.

The game focuses on cooperative play this time around. Players can take control of Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet, Clank, and Captain Qwark. It includes drop-in/drop-out, offline/online gameplay. Teammates can work together, even using weapons between players.

The game also includes four player puzzles, with things like a Giant cannon all the players have to work together to operate.

No release date was provided. We'll update you with more details when we get them

[h1]Gamescom: Resistance 3 is Coming[/h1][h2]Humanity will face-off against the Chimera yet again.[/h2][h2]August 17, 2010[/h2]

Finally. Finally. Nearly two years after Resistance 2 was released, Sony and Insomniac have gone ahead and made a long-anticipated announcement: Resistance 3 is in development.

Confusion was abound as to the timetable in which Resistance 3 might be announced. After all, it was way back in October of 2009 when we first saw Resistance 3's logo stamped on a billboard on a movie set. The logo clearly indicates that the game will at least partially take place in New York City, but still, details are scarce.

But now, that's all cleared up. Resistance 3 is coming, and its alternate history timeline will live on. Of course, you should stay-tuned to IGN.com for more details on Resistance 3 as they emerge.

[h1]
160GB/320GB PS3 Coming Stateside[/h1][h2]New PlayStation 3 models inbound.[/h2][h2]August 17, 2010[/h2]

If you're thinking about picking up a PlayStation 3 soon, you may way to hold off just a bit while longer.

Sony today announced two new PS3 hardware bundles, a 160GB and 320GB model. The 160GB PS3 will cost $299 and is shipping to retailers now. The 320GB PS3 will hit store shelves on September 19, and is part of the PS3 Sports Champions Move bundle for $399.99.

Two new white models with a 160GB and 320GB harddrives were previously only announced for Japan. Sony has given no indication when or if white version will be in North America.

ps3320_1282070883.jpg

ps3160_1282070488.jpg

my Ps3 shuts down without me going to turn system off and then the red light starts to blink. has anybody else had this problem?

Originally Posted by drekin06

my Ps3 shuts down without me going to turn system off and then the red light starts to blink. has anybody else had this problem?

does it shut down automatically when the system is turned on, or does it shut down on its own after a while ?

Back
Top Bottom