PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

if u pre-order from amazon how long does it take a game to come in? im in CA if that matters
FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-9 business days)
Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
Two-Day Shipping (2 business days)
One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

They had the release date shipping which means it arrives at your house on the release date but they removed that option for RDR a few days ago. Glad I chose that one, it was only 5 bucks.

if u pre-order from amazon how long does it take a game to come in? im in CA if that matters
Maybe one day or at most two days after release, the warehouse for west coast shipment is in northern Nevada. I'm in WA, I pre-order I usually get it on Thursday with FSSS.

Amazon is
pimp.gif
 when it comes to shipping. 

Your stuff usually arrives a day or two earlier based on their shipping terms.

I guess the $20 gift card and golden guns pack thing made me want to just pre-order from Amazon but them fools said my estimated ship date is May 24th
smh.gif

Is there a way if any that I can go back and change my delivery option? I shouldn't have been so cheap

Amazon is pretty quick w/shipping as they ship things from the warehouse closest to your location..

Dead Space 2 info from gamesradar.com
[h2]Dead Space 2: New details, screens and Necromorphs [/h2][h2]We have an in-depth look at how EA's epic survival-horror game is shaping up[/h2]
Words: Nathan Irvine, GamesRadar UK

The sequel to Visceral Game's surprise hit isn't a huge departure from the previous game, but it's the little nuances that are used, which looks set to really spice things up.

10.15.113.114-image48--article_image.jpg

Above: Isaac lays waste to Necromorph pod which fires bombs

It's set three years after the events of the first game. Isaac has **SPOILER ALERT** seemingly survived the attack at the end of the original and now has a swanky new suit to blast about in. Instead of being an errand boy - do this Isaac, do that Isaac - he's leading the charge. Oh, and he can remove his helmet this time AND he has a voice. A tweak that the team felt necessary to drive the story.

10.15.113.114-image14--article_image.jpg

Above: There'll be far more diverse areas to stomp through in this sequel

You're now on Saturn's moon, Titan, and this new backdrop provides new types of Necromorph to deal with. Stalkers, for example, peek out from corners and use flanking tactics to get the jump on Isaac. Crawlers - or little babies that explode - advance like tiny mobile mines. And the Pack are a group of running Necromorph that sprint with others to try and overwhelm our hero. Thankfully Isaac is even more of a bad *+$ this time around too.

10.15.113.65-image44--article_image.jpg

Above: A stalker springs a surprise on Isaac but is in for a whoopin' 

He can now use telekinesis on shards of metal or Necromorph's razor-sharp limbs to slice them in half. Handy for when you're out of bullets then. He's also got a javelin gun that fires hot rods through enemies and pins them to the wall. Ouch. 

Isaac is able to put his engineer skills to better use too, by now being able to hack terminals via minigame, which involves finding the sweet spot on the analogue stick and then yanking the circuits out.

ds2_mar_10_B--article_image.jpg

Above: Take off one of the spindly limbs and you can use it as a weapon

The environments have been improved too, meaning more cosmetic damage to interiors but also adding a dangerous element to the gameplay where a stray shot may blow out a window and suck Isaac and any Necromorphs out into the atmosphere. The way you stop this? Shoot a little switch which throws up a metal shutter, that's how.

Loved the first one, it's already been said that this will be more action than horror though..

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I guess the $20 gift card and golden guns pack thing made me want to just pre-order from Amazon but them fools said my estimated ship date is May 24th
smh.gif

Is there a way if any that I can go back and change my delivery option? I shouldn't have been so cheap
Your Account > View Open Orders > View order details ( On Red Dead Redemption) > Change Shipping Speed.

^ You're welcome.

Pretty cool RDR preview by IGN:
Even a hundred years ago, the West was a wild land, yet to be fully tamed by man. Coyotes ventured into towns at night to steal chickens from their coops, bandits roamed the vast expanse, robbing homesteaders and other hopeful newcomers to the West, while Marshalls did their best to bring order to an area that had existed in chaos for decades. This is the world of Red Dead Redemption. And as fans of Rockstar's GTA series have come to expect, the world is wide open and ripe for exploration.

It doesn't matter if you've decided to be a cold-blooded outlaw or a champion of the people, there is plenty to see and do in the sprawling world of Red Dead Redemption.
While you'll want to complete a few of the early missions to unlock some basic tools of the trade (in particular, your lasso), you won't have to follow the storyline for long before it's safe to wander off into the wild. In fact, I spent six hours avoiding the main missions altogether and I still had plenty to do just by venturing out on my own. It didn't even matter that two of the three territories in Red Dead are locked until you progress to certain parts of the story. The world is so big and so full of distractions that you can easily invest ten hours without thinking much at all about progressing the storyline of main character John Marston.

Red Dead is full of side quests. There are really two different kinds. There are a number of structured quests, things built into the world in very specific places. They play out as mini-stories, usually comprised of a series of short missions. One eerie side quest has Marston set out in search of a lost boy. You find the boy in the hills, at least what's left of him. Just a shoe and a piece of his leg. Only he wasn't eaten by a coyote. Apparently someone mistook him for Soilent Green. Yes, there are cannibals in Red Dead Redemption. They like to nom on little boys.

While there are plenty of these types of bonus missions, the more common set of side quests are random encounters. In town or while out exploring, you'll hear gunshots or cries for help. You can always move on, and ignore whatever's happening, but where's the fun in that? I was flagged down by someone whose friend was being lynched. I rushed to the rescue, killed the bad men, then tried to play it Clint Eastwood cool by shooting the rope that was hanging the poor man. Only, I missed with the first shot. And the dumb sonofabitch died on me. Another time I was asked to help rescue a man's daughter who was being held hostage by some bandits. I thought I'd killed every enemy in town, so when I opened the door to free her, it took me a moment to realize the man standing beside her wasn't one of the gunslingers who'd assisted me. A second's hesitation was all he needed to put a bullet in the back of her head.

Even in towns, people aren't safe. I heard a woman arguing with a man. It seemed pretty heated. Sure enough, on the porch of a bordello, a surly customer and a *%+%* were screaming at one another. As I tried to remember how to switch to my fists so I could show this jerk some manners, he pulled out a knife and stabbed the woman repeatedly in the stomach. In fact, he followed her to the ground and kept stabbing.

The West is a f***ed up place.

Not every encounter involves violence. I stumbled onto a few campsites where I could rest my weary rump on a log and listen to a yarn over a campfire. Of course, if you're a jerk, you can just toss a stick of dynamite at the camp and watch everyone die.

I found myself drawn to hunting. There are roughly 40 different species to hunt in Red Dead, including bears, mountain lions, vultures and buffalo. Killing not only satisfies my bloodlust, but is associated with a series of shooting and hunting challenges--kill a certain number of birds, collect skins from a specific animal, etc. Complete these challenges and you gain experience, which up your level of fame and can unlock some new goods in stores. Plus, it's fun. I'd never hunt in real life. I'm all PETA'd up in this piece, but I'll make bears extinct in a game if I can. Just be careful. Mountain lions will mess you up. They'll kill your horse and before you have time to realize what just happened, they'll rip right into you. This game really needs proper hunting tools--like bazookas.

Aside from challenges, you can sell animal skins and feathers at shops for cash. There's a simple, but working economy in Red Dead. The closer a town is to the resource, the less a shopkeeper is going to offer for it. If there are buffalo walking 20 feet from the shop, no one's going to feel the need to pay top dollar. But take those buffalo skins down south, where they haven't seen tatanka in a decade, and you can make some real cash.

If skinning animals isn't your thing, you can spend your time hunting treasure. This is a great way to spend an afternoon. Treasure maps look just like they might have a hundred years ago, if videogame designers were around back then. When you find a map, it will only give hints at where to go to get the loot. My first map had the drawing of a bunch of big rocks with a noose penciled in at the top. (Good thing there aren't many rocks out West.) Later, I stumbled upon a place called Hanging Rock. I looked at the map. Then at the rocks. Then at the map. Then at the rocks. Sure enough, my treasure was there.

Treasure hunting rewards those who start using landmarks to navigate the world. Sure enough, the next time I found a map, I realized I recognized the bluff depicted. "Oh yeah, that's where I accidentally rode my horse off and died."

Watch enough Westerns and you'll know that finding treasure, watching hookers get stabbed on the street, and skinning mountain lions is only part of life in America's wildlands. There's also plenty to do in towns. And by plenty, I mean gambling. Depending on the town, there are different ways to lose your money. You can play a game of horseshoes, try out liar's dice, even give a shot at five finger fillet. But the most interesting is poker.

Poker is the real deal. Play long enough and you'll start noticing that different players have different tendencies. Pick up on these and you'll have a better chance of catching their bluff. Or you can give yourself the upper hand by purchasing the Elegant Suit from a shop. This outfit isn't just for looking fine. It allows you to pocket an extra card, which you can attempt to slip into the game when needed. Just be careful. There's a little mini-game involved to avoid tipping your hand. If you're caught cheating, your opponent will stop being friendly and challenge you to a duel. Defend your honor (pretend you have some!) and shoot that sucker dead in the street.

There are plenty of other ways to enjoy Red Dead Redemption without touching the main storyline. My goal when I sat down for a day of RDR was to play as few missions as possible and spend the bulk of my time wandering the world and finding trouble. There's a lot to see and a lot to do. I didn't go into everything that's out there, waiting for curious adventurers. You can discover those on your own when Red Dead hits store shelves later this month.

anybody in the queens ny area that wanna know where to cop red dead redemption tomorrow hit me up

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via siliconera.com

MGS: Peace Walker Walkman, for the Big Boss who has everything
walkman51210.jpg

Sony and Konami have partnered on a new Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker MP3 player, no doubt modeled closely after the kind of MP3 players used by real mercenaries in 1974. The NWD-W253Z Walkman is a special edition of a new waterproof (!), wrap-around Walkman MP3 player, featuring an original camouflage design and preloaded with six songs from Peace Walker.

The 4GB Walkman will be released in Japan in "mid-May" for ¥11,800 ($128). Each order will include a voucher for downloadable in-game characters (in Walkman apparel, of course!). One version of the device, limited to 2GB, will become available in the US at an unspecified date.

For that price they should have thrown a bluetooth 2.0 chip in the damn thing. Swing and a miss again sony.
tired.gif

quick questions before i cop rdr tomorrow misterj

how long give or take is the single player campaign?
can u customize ur character?
how many maps? how big are the maps?

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

quick questions before i cop rdr tomorrow misterj

how long give or take is the single player campaign?
can u customize ur character?
how many maps? how big are the maps?
1) I've read that there aren't as many missions as GTA IV but they take longer to complete. So give or take the time to complete GTA IV.

2) You might be able to get haircuts. There will be 16 costumes non interchangeable. There are accessories like a bandanna to wear over your face. I also read you might be able to get different holsters but it might just come with the outfits.

3) 1 map with 3 territories. Just like a lot of GTA games you'll unlock each territory as the game progresses. People are saying it could be twice as big as San Andreas but now some people are thinking each territory is the size of GTA IV. During an interview with Kotaku one person asked how long would it take to travel across the map and they said 15-20 minutes on horse.

These may not be 100% accurate they're just deep speculations I've read on other boards.

^ Good looking on the info Mister. Do you know how much memory is needed for this game? I need to buy a 250g at the end of this month, if I can find one.~

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Good looking on the info Mister. Do you know how much memory is needed for this game? I need to buy a 250g at the end of this month, if I can find one.~
I think it was 600mb.

Back
Top Bottom