PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

How'd I know someone would end up skipping a number lol
I did it on purpose but it'll be just my luck that's it 11
laugh.gif

Also, good news for those that have waited, Yakuza 3 is coming to America!

4168521417_0b5c5757f4.jpg

http://blog.us.playstatio...2/yakuza-3-marches-west/

eek.gif

Instant copp, JDM demo was dooooopppe!

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

HYBRID SOLDIER

Did Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII turn into XIV? Or is there stil a Haeresis floating around?

sorry i've been MIA (crunch time)

Haeresis is still in development it did not turn into XIV. "Rapture" turned into XIV

Condemned 2 was dope..

from IGN.com:
[h1]God of War III Q&A[/h1]

[h2]Sony Santa Monica fills us in on its progress with Kratos' latest, and maybe final, battle against the gods.[/h2]

by Chris Roper

LATEST IMAGES

View all 53 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 22 videos

December 8, 2009 - The end is beginning. Kratos' god-killing adventure is set to receive its third and final installment (for now) this coming March in God of War III, exclusively for the PlayStation 3. Sony's Santa Monica studio is hard at work on finishing up development on the game, and though we haven't seen anything new from it in some time, that doesn't mean the excitement for Kratos' finale isn't still sky-high.

We're just as eager as anyone to know more about the game, so we spoke with the director on the title, Sony Santa Monica's Stig Asmussen, to find out where it is in development, when we'll get our next tease at the game and more.

IGN: How far along is the game?

Stig Asmussen: We are currently in the final stages of development. The entire game is together from start to finish and we're working our butts off putting on the finishing touches. We've been conducting external playtests and evaluating and addressing the feedback we've received, doing our best to incorporate it into the game. However, there are a couple of parts that still have pretty big question marks left. We have to do our best to work these out. But that is par for the course on God of War. Things always seem to come together at the end.

Click the image to watch our video preview for God of War III.
IGN: It's been a while since we've seen anything new. Are we going to get an updated look at the game before it ships, or are you trying to keep as much secret as possible?

Stig Asmussen: I imagine we will be giving out more information in the next couple of months. This is a tough one because we really want to show what we have been working so hard on, but at the same time, we don't want to give too much away and spoil the experience. We totally understand that there are a lot of fans that want to hear/see more, and we appreciate that immensely. However, the reality is that whenever we spend time on demos, presentations-even something as simple as a screen shot-it takes a measure of time away from the core production of the game. We try to set our standard of quality as high as possible, so whenever we make something public, there is an enormous amount of work that goes into it. So, I wouldn't say we have been consciously trying to keep things secret; we just want to make sure that our primary focus is making the final game the best it can be.

IGN: What have you thought of the feedback you've received for the current demo, and has it impacted anything for the retail release?

Stig Asmussen: It has definitely made an impact on the retail release. As I mentioned before, we do a lot of external playtesting, and there is no better playtest forum than a public demo. We came back from E3 with tons of feedback, and today I continue to read posts on forums. Any observations or feedback is good, and the more critical, the better. I try to focus on the things that people REALLY like or REALLY dislike. These usually turn out to be the areas that we end up spending most of our time on in the final months. Overall though, we have had very positive support on the demo, and it helps reinforce to us that what we are doing is worth it and to keep pushing forward.

IGN: On a similar note, the anticipation for God of War III is immense, and we'd assume that a lot rides on its success (for the franchise and the PS3 as a whole). How are you guys dealing with that pressure? Have you gotten used to it?

Stig Asmussen: I don't think 'getting used to it' really describes how we feel. We are 'aware' of it. The pressure exists. Although I think most of it is internal, meaning, we put it on ourselves. There is so much that we want to show/share and getting it all together in one package can create some pressure.

But, we have an opportunity to make something that could potentially reach millions of people and so we want to take advantage of that.

IGN: Can you give us any sort of tease as to where the story is going, or some other gods that we might see?

Stig Asmussen: Unfortunately not. I don't want to spoil anything. However, like I have said before, the game picks up right where God of War II left off, so from that point on you'll have to use your imagination.

IGN: Have you guys worked with David Jaffe or Cory Barlog (directors of God of War I and II, respectively) at any point during the development?

Stig Asmussen: Cory was with the team as Game Director for the first eight months of development, so he has had a major impact on the game. He laid out the original concept/design and a large portion of that is still intact. Since he's moved on there hasn't been any formal collaboration, although I have spoken with him several times and bounced a few ideas off him. Dave has been around the studio a few times and we've spoken as well. On a few occasions we've gone over some high level stuff with him to get his observations and feedback.

IGN: The end is near for you guys, and perhaps Kratos as well. Are you excited to finish the trilogy and maybe move onto something new, or is it going to be a bittersweet end of development for you?

Stig Asmussen: Honestly, I can't answer that question right now. I'm so deep into God of War III that I can't see beyond the next couple of weeks. What I am most excited about right now is getting all of the final pieces of this game in place. We are so very close!

Anticipation kills me
tired.gif

from gamerdeals.net:
[h4]DJ Hero (360/PS3/Wii) - $79.99 (Reg. $119.99) w/ Free Shipping![/h4]
media.nl
media.nl
media.nl

Looks like DJ Hero just got a lot cheaper thanks to the GuitarHeroStore.com!

Grab DJ Hero (PS3/Wii/Xbox 360) for $79.99 (Reg. $119.99) w/ Free Shipping using the coupon below at GuitarHeroStore.com!

Steps:
aggbug.aspx

Published Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:27 AM by Cheap Xbox 360 - Gamer Daily Deals and Weekly Sales
Filed under: Misc. Deals

from thesixthaxis.com:

[h1]New Borderlands DLC Incoming[/h1]
Battle it out in the upcoming Borderlands DLC!

1ace80d1c85559955cb85f8ce1726811

Zuler - TSA Staff
Tuesday, December 8, 2009 / 14:43

Tags: Borderlands, DLC, Downloadable Content, Pure Awesomeness, trophies

Gearbox's software creative director, @mikeyface, promised an announcement on Borderlands yesterday, but clearly something happened and it was held back. Well, Borderlands has just received new trophies which pretty much confirm that new downloadable content will be heading to the Role-Playing Shooter soon. Gaze at the lovely new silverware below:

Bronze

Small Tournament
Completed the lesser challenge in all 3 coliseums

Silver

Hell-Burbia
Completed the larger challenge in the Hell-Burbia coliseum

The Angelic Ruins
Completed the larger challenge in The Angelic Ruins coliseum

The Gully
Completed the larger challenge in The Gully coliseum

Gold

Big Tournament
Completed each of the larger challenges in all 3 coliseums

It is rather evident that the DLC will be focused around arena challenges. They were optional sidequests found in the original game which had you facing 2-3 waves of some truly badass enemies. There were fewer missions of these than I would have liked, so it's great to see Gearbox expanding on it. I'm sure a formal announcement will be made soon, so keep your eyes locked to TSA for more about what I'm sure will be another piece of epic DLC.

Source: PS3Trophies.org

Still need this game..

from computerandvideogames.com:
[h1]Resi Evil 5 Alternate Edition screenshots[/h1]
Tuesday 8-Dec-2009 10:21 AM New enemies and scenes from extended version unearthed

Here's a bunch of new images showing off some of the new areas and beasts to appear in the 'Lost in Nightmares' bonus mission to be included in Resident Evil 5 Alternate Edition.

[table][tr][td][img]http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_224397_thumb300.jpg[/img][/td] [/tr][/table]

Lost in Nightmares sees old time partners Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield snoop around the spooky mansion home of the head of the Umbrella Corporation, and probably getting into all sorts of zombie-related bother.

The PS3 version of Alternate Edition will also boast support for the motion controllers, slated for release early next year.

Cheers Andriasang.
[img]http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_224396.jpg[/img]
[img]http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_224394.jpg[/img]
[img]http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_224395.jpg[/img]
[img]http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_224393.jpg[/img]
[img]http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_224392.jpg[/img]

from PS Blog:
[h1]PS3 3.15 System Software Update[/h1]
Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations

Hi everyone, PlayStation 3 (PS3) will receive its next system software update shortly - v. 3.15. This is an optional update, and it enables existing PS3 owners who purchase a new PS3 system (perhaps as a second unit for the household) to transfer their content from their current PS3 to the new system. Content such as games, game save data, and videos downloaded from PlayStation Network can be transferred to the new PS3 system and deleted from the current PS3 system. Other content, including personal media files (photos, music, videos), can be copied onto the new PS3 and remain on the current PS3 system.

Here's a quick primer on how the Data Transfer Utility works.
Data Transfer Utility
  1. Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with a LAN cable; PS3 (A) should be connected to the TV. Please note, firmware (v3.15) must be installed on both systems.
  2. On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings category and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]
  3. Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data
  4. After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen, and then connect PS3 (B) to the TV to view the XMB
  5. If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation) to activate the system.

More details on Data Transfer Utility will be available here once the firmware update is live.

"minis"

The 3.15 update also enables "minis" to be played on a PS3 system. As we've reported here before, "minis" launched on PlayStation Network this fall in conjunction with the launch of PSPgo. These bite-sized games offer a more casual experience and are ideal for shorter gameplay sessions. Now PS3 owners will be able to play "minis," and those who own both a PS3 and PSP system will be able to play on either platform. "minis" for the PS3 system will be available for download on PlayStation Store in the coming weeks. If you've purchased any "minis" already for your PSP and the title becomes available for PS3, you'll simply need to download the title to your PS3.

As always, we look forward to your feedback.

Will the extra level be available as DLC for the first RE:5?

I'm not trying to buy a whole new game just for a level.

Plus, the Playstation motion controller will suck. I have a Wii and bought a PS3 so I didn't have to play the Wii.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I'm hearing the episodes will be available as DLC too..

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I'm hearing the episodes will be available as DLC too..
i believe its DLC and only the japan will have the option to buy the game separately at stores

[h1]Famitsu: Final Fantasy XIII Misses PerfectScore [Story Spoiler!][/h1]
500x_glasseslady_01.jpg
This year, Japanesemagazine Famitsu has awarded a perfect 40/40 score to three games: Dragon Quest IX, Bayonetta and New Super Mario Bros. Years-in-the-making andeagerly-anticipated FinalFantasy XIII did not.

Famitsu has four reviewers rate games on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best for a cumulative 40/40 score. Famitsu praised the game's cut scenes aswell as the battle system and the high level of strategy it offers. Interestingly, one Famitsu reviewer noted how up until the mid-way point of the game, thestory seemed be linear and that it didn't offer any new "gimmicks" in its story telling.

500x_famitsureview.jpg

Here is how the other FF title stack up in the eyes of Famitsu:

Final Fantasy I - 35
Final Fantasy II - 35
Final Fantasy III - 36
Final Fantasy Ⅳ - 36
Final Fantasy V - 34
Final Fantasy VI - 37
Final Fantasy VII - 38
Final Fantasy VIII - 37
Final Fantasy IX - 38
Final Fantasy X - 39
Final Fantasy XI - 38
Final Fantasy XII- 40
Final Fantasy XIII - 39

from kotaku

[h1]Speedy Gran Turismo 5Impressions: Bumper Falls Off, Heads Theoretically Turn[/h1]
Just got back from a Sony showcase a fewblocks from Kotaku's NYC office. Heading back over there post-haste. Had a few minutes to try to wreck a car in Gran Turismo 5 and learn about the game'shead-tracking.

A Sony representative was showing Polyphony Digital's upcoming PlayStation 3 racing game, and let me drive a couple of laps around a city track. Whatdoes me, a non Gran Turismo player do? Fall into last place and start bumping into walls.

My Audi TT took no damage even as I bashed it against the wall. The Sony rep explained to me that damage for that car wasn't in the demo. Damage wasbeing shown on a Subaru WRC Impreza, the same virtual car McWhertor wreckedin Germany.

I smacked the Subaru into walls until its doors were flying open and its fenders were scratched. The Sony man took over and got the bumper to nearly falloff. He said he's gotten the hood knocked off too and that beneath these busted bits Polyphony has rendered the innards of the car. We'll be able tosee behind the damage.

And it's not just cosmetic damage, I was told. The car's performance will be impaired if the vehicle is roughed up. Gears might not shift as well,for example.

The other stand-out feature I was told about was head-tracking. The game will support the PlayStation 3 camera, the PlayStation Eye. While one wasn'thooked up at today's event, it was explained that the device will track a player's head movements. The goal is for the depth-of-field focal point fardown the track to shift, matching your head movement. What you look at will be appear more clearly, in theory. So as you look a little to the right, the rightpart of what you see beyond your car may come more sharply into focus. But the car itself won't turn with your head, of course.

The Sony rep explained that Polyphony's goal is for players to feel like they are experiencing what real racers see. He noted that the feature was stilla work in progress and couldn't offer more details about how it works. From his gestures, I suspect the head-tracking will be responsive more to leans thanto head turns, the latter of which obviously would make it hard to see the TV.

With neither the head-tracking incorporated into this demo nor the performance effects of the car damage evident to a series novice like myself, I can'tjudge either feature. But they sound like the attention to deal the series is respected for.
Gran Turismo is slated for a PS3 release some time next year

from kotaku

Hey, I got this message from one of my friends, that starting January 10, 2010 users will need to pay for playstation network.

This seems highly unlikely, but just wanted to check with y'all. Thanks.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Hey, I got this message from one of my friends, that starting January 10, 2010 users will need to pay for playstation network.

This seems highly unlikely, but just wanted to check with y'all. Thanks.
bogus

laugh.gif
@ 13 getting a 39

A lot of you will be disappointed. I'll drop bombs in a day or two since the JP release is about to happen.

Back
Top Bottom