PS3 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Official Thread - Season 1 Belongs to Team 8. CHAMPIONS!

K2theAblaM wrote:
Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I don't understand, it's not as if Sony has money, too.

The features the XBox version of this game gets compared to the PS3 version sometimes make me wish I had an XBox...
We pay anywhere from 30- 50 dollars a year for a better online experience. No fanboy, that's just how it is.

As if that has something to do with it. Microsoft has strongly supported 3rd party companies by throwing more money at them than Sony ever would.

K2theAblaM wrote:

The features the XBox version of this game gets compared to the PS3 version sometimes make me wish I had an XBox...
We pay anywhere from 30- 50 dollars a year for a better online experience. No fanboy, that's just how it is.

As if that has something to do with it. Microsoft has strongly supported 3rd party companies by throwing more money at them than Sony ever would.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

We tried the money thing in the waaaaay early stages of Call of Duty 4, didn't work well, all these ballin @$% !$+@%! who date super models, drove M3's and took baths in caviar suddenly had ZERO money for the tournament.
Let's try it again.  People must pay in advance before they're in.

From how you put it, it sounds like you told people something along the lines of - "Getting in the tournament will be $5.  If you want in, pay by November 5th and we'll start the tournament November 9th."  From there, people flaked come November 5th.  My suggestion in this situation would be, pay before you even say you want in.  Your payment will do the talking for itself.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Gotta wait at least a few weeks before we even get into teams and captains.
And why is that?

Originally Posted by henz0

I cant even imagine the type of gameplay/strategies dudes would come up with if money was involved.. *##* would be the worst
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
There is only one way to find out..

PH3NOM3NON wrote:
Means that using your gun/tube and knife you're gonna have to get to 25. Killstreaks won't help you get to the next one. How MW2 should've been.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're saying for Black Ops, you must get an 11 killstreak straight up by killing people in order to get the highest killstreak?  For instance, you have your killstreaks set at 5, 7, and 11.  Once you reach killstreak 5, it will NOT help you get to killstreak 7?  In order to get from killstreak 5 to killstreak 7, you must shoot people or knife people or tube or whatever rather than have, say, your sentry gun get kills for you?

If you think this is how MW2 should have been, people would rarely ever get nukes.  On the flip side, I think it would've made games more interesting, yet more people would probably camp.

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

101105020602327590.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not sure if I'm late, but that joint is FUNNY.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

We tried the money thing in the waaaaay early stages of Call of Duty 4, didn't work well, all these ballin @$% !$+@%! who date super models, drove M3's and took baths in caviar suddenly had ZERO money for the tournament.
Let's try it again.  People must pay in advance before they're in.

From how you put it, it sounds like you told people something along the lines of - "Getting in the tournament will be $5.  If you want in, pay by November 5th and we'll start the tournament November 9th."  From there, people flaked come November 5th.  My suggestion in this situation would be, pay before you even say you want in.  Your payment will do the talking for itself.

Gotta wait at least a few weeks before we even get into teams and captains.
And why is that?

Originally Posted by henz0

I cant even imagine the type of gameplay/strategies dudes would come up with if money was involved.. *##* would be the worst
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
There is only one way to find out..

PH3NOM3NON wrote:
Means that using your gun/tube and knife you're gonna have to get to 25. Killstreaks won't help you get to the next one. How MW2 should've been.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're saying for Black Ops, you must get an 11 killstreak straight up by killing people in order to get the highest killstreak?  For instance, you have your killstreaks set at 5, 7, and 11.  Once you reach killstreak 5, it will NOT help you get to killstreak 7?  In order to get from killstreak 5 to killstreak 7, you must shoot people or knife people or tube or whatever rather than have, say, your sentry gun get kills for you?

If you think this is how MW2 should have been, people would rarely ever get nukes.  On the flip side, I think it would've made games more interesting, yet more people would probably camp.

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

101105020602327590.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not sure if I'm late, but that joint is FUNNY.

^ yup...finally got work for your kills this will weed out alot of wack players. i think having 11 being the highest KS is perfect with some of the other tweaks TA has made it shouldnt be crazy hard to reach but it wont be super easy either.

Its crazy though after COD 4 from IW and then W@W from TA everyone, myself included was on the IW bandwagon...they obviously started feeling they self and released MW2 and now with BO is on the horizon a lot of people are taking their thumbs talents to TA. never thought they could out do IW honestly.

^ yup...finally got work for your kills this will weed out alot of wack players. i think having 11 being the highest KS is perfect with some of the other tweaks TA has made it shouldnt be crazy hard to reach but it wont be super easy either.

Its crazy though after COD 4 from IW and then W@W from TA everyone, myself included was on the IW bandwagon...they obviously started feeling they self and released MW2 and now with BO is on the horizon a lot of people are taking their thumbs talents to TA. never thought they could out do IW honestly.

Because you can't just choose captains and draft folk now with no K/D or W/L to go base it off of. Not saying that's the end all when it comes to drafting but I'm sure it plays a big part. I'd like to think I was decent at MW2 but I could be terrible at BO and if someone drafts me now, it won't look good. Besides, for those in school (a few I've seen from the comments in the tournament) mid November and early December are important times.

Because you can't just choose captains and draft folk now with no K/D or W/L to go base it off of. Not saying that's the end all when it comes to drafting but I'm sure it plays a big part. I'd like to think I was decent at MW2 but I could be terrible at BO and if someone drafts me now, it won't look good. Besides, for those in school (a few I've seen from the comments in the tournament) mid November and early December are important times.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

is dis the blackops tourney thread?

im gonna be getting black ops add me JUST _ BOB
Not necessarily the tournament thread; this thread includes all Black Ops talk, including tournament talk.

Are you on XBOX or PS3?

Not necessarily the tournament thread; this thread includes all Black Ops talk, including tournament talk.

Are you on XBOX or PS3?

yeah. early/mid decomber
Originally Posted by lrredsoxfan06

Are you on XBOX or PS3?
PS3

xbox is straight wack.  I remember signin up for a mw2 xobx tournyment and only 5 out of 50 peeps showd up lol.  nooblkane and that other white boy dont know how to set anything up.. stealing iluvboost swagger theme and everything.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

K2theAblaM wrote:

Yes, that has everything to do with it. Subscriptions bring in more revenue. The money is used to support their game developers so we get extra stuff first. Just like DLC for Fallout New Vegas.

How is that hard to understand?

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

K2theAblaM wrote:

Yes, that has everything to do with it. Subscriptions bring in more revenue. The money is used to support their game developers so we get extra stuff first. Just like DLC for Fallout New Vegas.

How is that hard to understand?

Originally Posted by FEETure

Personally, the only COD I've played is MW2, so I don't know if previous CODs were similar to this, being killstreaks don't earn other killstreaks.  Still think it'll give more people more reason to camp.

I got you as far as the K/D and W/L comments.  As far as times for people in school, weekends or late at night?  I'd say weekends work best because of time zone differences.  If it came down to it, we could have two different tournaments - one on the east coast, one on the west coast.

yeah. early/mid decomber

Are you on XBOX or PS3?
PS3

xbox is straight wack.  I remember signin up for a mw2 xobx tournyment and only 5 out of 50 peeps showd up lol.  nooblkane and that other white boy dont know how to set anything up.. stealing iluvboost swagger theme and everything.

Originally Posted by FEETure

Personally, the only COD I've played is MW2, so I don't know if previous CODs were similar to this, being killstreaks don't earn other killstreaks.  Still think it'll give more people more reason to camp.

I got you as far as the K/D and W/L comments.  As far as times for people in school, weekends or late at night?  I'd say weekends work best because of time zone differences.  If it came down to it, we could have two different tournaments - one on the east coast, one on the west coast.

^you earn currency from playing MP..you can then risk that Currency(cod points) in special wager matches.

^you earn currency from playing MP..you can then risk that Currency(cod points) in special wager matches.

yeah. early/mid decomber

Are you on XBOX or PS3?
PS3

Yeah, the 360 community on NT is garbage.
sick.gif

yeah. early/mid decomber

Are you on XBOX or PS3?
PS3

Yeah, the 360 community on NT is garbage.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom