Prove to me why Lil Wayne is great?

if you want proof of why he was great....dedication 1 and 2, carter 1 and 2, lil weezyana
but he been fell off, hopefully he gets back on his @%## tho

I think people are filling this thread with typing errors.

Lil Wayne WAS nice. Now he just has his moments. Get it right.

he lucked out by surrounding himself with good unknown rappers and having good ghost writers....ppl argue that it was a natural progression b.s. cuz when youheard nas the first time he was good...hot boys made local sounding music. yes natural progression is one thing but full blow switch over to something youwernt doing at all? gimme a break...only thing saving him now is drake....but hes destin to fall off just like 50 cuz its not about real talent or skill itsabout flash, beff and the worst of all "swag" but that all only lasts so long

t.i. was natural progression and now look, jay z was natural progression, cuz even tho there was the blingy. and radio stuff they over all had talent andskill...

Originally Posted by Damu

nobody can prove it because he is not even close to being a decent rapper let alone the greatest. i have to give it to him though, he has somehow convinced every imbecile in the country that his music is good.

its the ja rule factor all over again, wayne has drenched himself into just about all brands of music so one way or the other ur gonna hear it

honestly imo his best song is prom queen for the simple fact it has a tiny bit of subject matter and hes not laughing at his own corny punchlines or giggelinglike a ghey

IMO, is he the best rapper out now? No not close really. But, I think that he gets a bad rap because he's the "it" person right now.

Lil wayne on Maybach Music 2=Piff
Lil wayne on the drake track im goin in=piff
Lil wayne off the dedication 3 track bang bang=piff
Lil wayne on death wish=piff
Lil wayne on the tyga track breaktime=piff

These are just the 5 random recent wayne songs that came up on my ipod. We already know what he was in the dedication 2 era or w/e, but the point is, he stillcan bring it now and he still goes in. You cannot take away this dude's work ethic though, which is the primary reason why he is appreciated by me. Listento those 5 tracks, and he goes in on at least four. Guarenteed.

Wayne is basically Kool G Rap's flow, Big Pun's wordplay, Nas's lyricism, Big L's punchlines, Scarface's introspectiveness, Tupac'semotion, Jay-Z's charisma, Ghostface Killa's comedy, Gucci's beat selection, Rakim's impact, Cam's swag, Biggie's delivery,Eminem's commercial appeal, 50's hook writing, Mos Def's social/political commentary, and Jae Millz's freestyle/battle skills, all rolled up inone package, and done better.

Originally Posted by M16

Wayne is basically Kool G Rap's flow, Big Pun's wordplay, Nas's lyricism, Big L's punchlines, Scarface's introspectiveness, Tupac's emotion, Jay-Z's charisma, Ghostface Killa's comedy, Gucci's beat selection, Rakim's impact, Cam's swag, Biggie's delivery, Eminem's commercial appeal, 50's hook writing, Mos Def's social/political commentary, and Jae Millz's freestyle/battle skills, all rolled up in one package, and done better.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Its cool he's doin other aspects in music but I dont think that Rock @%$$ will help at all.

i dont like wayne but ill say hes considered great because just look at how he took over the music industry.nobody will ever do it like this guy is doing rightnow.

Originally Posted by M16

Wayne is basically Kool G Rap's flow, Big Pun's wordplay, Nas's lyricism, Big L's punchlines, Scarface's introspectiveness, Tupac's emotion, Jay-Z's charisma, Ghostface Killa's comedy, Gucci's beat selection, Rakim's impact, Cam's swag, Biggie's delivery, Eminem's commercial appeal, 50's hook writing, Mos Def's social/political commentary, and Jae Millz's freestyle/battle skills, all rolled up in one package, and done better.

My dude MEB is starting to slowly grow on me
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I stopped rockin w/ dude after C1, and I stumbled upon that cause I gave my ol head a ride to his crib from the courts and he threw me a copy
laugh.gif

My explanation for why he is so big is because he is on everything. Lil Jon was considered one of the most elite if not THE elite some yrs back. Whoever isputtin they face in the public's eye more is the new fad. Take Drake for example, erytime I log onto FB it's Drake quotes in statuses. Been like thatsince the awards when Wayne used his verse.

I don't think he is as nice as ppl make him out to be. Like ppl said above me, he's a great ARTIST.

I personally would like to get the real scoop on the whole Gilly writin for him $@+ tho
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by M16

On point.

Originally Posted by dunnyy

Originally Posted by M16

On point.

MidEastBeast IS tHAT dUDE

Originally Posted by MrWavez

somebody gimme pm me a link to C1...but warn me now...does he have that hot boys voice??
NO he doesn't.
laugh.gif

Fam if you're a fan of his music...how could you not listen to the first Carter just out of the possibility he hasthat voice? There's plenty of mixtapes you're missing from dude that were all in his prime. I feel you on the voice though, I use to hate that %@%$too...but don't use that as an excuse not to go back and find out what his other good songs are...

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

cuz he the only rapper to sell a milli with the economy sucking as it is right now.

You base someone's greatness off their sales?

I really respect your opinion on music...

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

cuz he the only rapper to sell a milli with the economy sucking as it is right now.

You base someone's greatness off their sales?

I really respect your opinion on music...
NT Be saying straight dumb !$$ at times

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by MrWavez

somebody gimme pm me a link to C1...but warn me now...does he have that hot boys voice??
NO he doesn't.
laugh.gif

Fam if you're a fan of his music...how could you not listen to the first Carter just out of the possibility he has that voice? There's plenty of mixtapes you're missing from dude that were all in his prime. I feel you on the voice though, I use to hate that %@%$ too...but don't use that as an excuse not to go back and find out what his other good songs are...

cool...i didnt wanna seem closed minded lol, but damn...that voice was a problem...
laugh.gif

but yeah Ive heard the dedications and drought 3, anything else im missing??
lord knows this %**#$ got likr 1,000,000 songs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by AirThompson

He's the flavor of the month in rap. He'll fall off soon like so many others.
I didn't know a month = 3 7 10 years...
*Fixed*

Weezy up until Drought 3/Carter 3 is appreciated.
He hasn't had the mass popularity for that long but Wayne has been nice since Guerrilla Warfare & Tha Block is Hot up until said C3 Wayne
This is true.

But the 7 years was for how long Wayne has been in the national spotlight, on his own, w/o any hot boys attachments and when he really started to reach fanbases all over the country.

he lucked out by surrounding himself with good unknown rappers and having good ghost writers....ppl argue that it was a natural progression b.s. cuz when you heard nas the first time he was good...hot boys made local sounding music. yes natural progression is one thing but full blow switch over to something you wernt doing at all? gimme a break...only thing saving him now is drake....but hes destin to fall off just like 50 cuz its not about real talent or skill its about flash, beff and the worst of all "swag" but that all only lasts so long

t.i. was natural progression and now look, jay z was natural progression, cuz even tho there was the blingy. and radio stuff they over all had talent and skill...

Naw, not really.

If you really listened to Wayne, you'd notice that he got better on every album/mixtape. He didn't SUDDENLY get better. There WAS a naturalprogression.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom