Product flaws on flightposite one retros

this isnt the first disappointment nike has done to consumers, i mean they are obviously making money off us and at the same time cutting costs too. i.e.smaller air bubble on retros (pippens, pennys etc.) so the groove not being so defined on the flights doesnt surprise me, i mean it could just be themanufacturer who made them this time around didnt make the mold or something indented enough or the material, whatever the case, its still a sweet shoe. as forthe soles wearing down quick, you are playing outdoors what do you expect. I play mines only indoor and they are great.

the lettering was the first thing i noticed after one wear and i was a bit disappointed and pissed seeing that its a 180 shoe, so what i do now is just tuckthe tongue strap underneath the zipper and problem solved, no more letters falling off. i imagine they will eventually but its a shoe, it goes through wear andtear. but i agree, nike/jb has gone crap on quality and kept retail prices the same, so its definitely no longer the quality we expected, they are making moneyoff our nostalgia now with these so-so retros (dont get me wrong im glad they are retro-ing older shoes, but at least give us quality if you are charging 100+dollars).

i wore my og Silver flights the other day (MJ Silver) not even realizing that the release was THIS damn close.
I hate moments like this....

I had to glue the sole on my OGs Twice!....and now im contemplating copping these...

*sigh*

^^ the soles came off? really? oh interesting...i hope that doesnt happen to mines, did you just shoe goo it?

i mean it was my stupid self playing street ball in some OG's....

went for a crucial cross fade away and......

:wow:wned:

that mold problem was killing me. i went through 5 different pairs before i finally found one that looked good enough. its like the mold wasn't pressedhard enough and the grooves were barely there. most of them were looking like some solo flights. i swear one shoe didn't even have the swoosh on the toe,it was that bad
laugh.gif

also there was a ton of stains on a couple of the pairs i had. glad i went through all the trouble though because i was able to get a good looking pair prettycheap.

Not sure how many of you have the originals...but, ALL of these problems were present on them...

I have 5 pair that I wear, 3 pair DS (one of which the zipper is broken from the person before me trying to get them on their fat foot, but hey...they were$20)...it is just how it is...

Everyone remembers the "old days" as having better quality...it just isn't the case...funny how a bunch of 16 year olds can sound like agrandpa..."back in my day, we didn't even have shoes..."

Original Flightposite 1's have ALL of these issues...different variances in the molding, the lettering coming off, the "bubbling" of the Zoom Airinsole...all of this...

BTW...shoe isn't intended to be worn to play ball outside...just like you wouldn't take your Ferrari to go 4x4ing...would you? But, hey it is a$400,000 car, it shouldn't get messed up if I drive it through a mud pit!

WRONG!

Drive your $800 used Jeep Wrangler through the mud and wear a pair of shoes design for the outdoor game, outdoor...common sense...

JM

They're not that bad. I just bought the silver and blacks from dr. jays amd they are pretty much on point. Remember the OG's back in 1999 were not thebest quality either. People are just gonna have to get over it cuz if u like em u will still buy em and nike pretty much knows that.

by the way dr.jays has em for 20% off this weekend so they come out to 150 and change after tax. Which isnt too bad. just a heads up for people in NYC notwanting to pay full price

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Not sure how many of you have the originals...but, ALL of these problems were present on them...

I have 5 pair that I wear, 3 pair DS (one of which the zipper is broken from the person before me trying to get them on their fat foot, but hey...they were $20)...it is just how it is...

Everyone remembers the "old days" as having better quality...it just isn't the case...funny how a bunch of 16 year olds can sound like a grandpa..."back in my day, we didn't even have shoes..."

Original Flightposite 1's have ALL of these issues...different variances in the molding, the lettering coming off, the "bubbling" of the Zoom Air insole...all of this...

BTW...shoe isn't intended to be worn to play ball outside...just like you wouldn't take your Ferrari to go 4x4ing...would you? But, hey it is a $400,000 car, it shouldn't get messed up if I drive it through a mud pit!

WRONG!

Drive your $800 used Jeep Wrangler through the mud and wear a pair of shoes design for the outdoor game, outdoor...common sense...

JM

OH SNAP..THOUGHT YOU WERE GONE...GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN LOL

Oddly enough, my (OG) FP1s have had no problems.

However........

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Everyone remembers the "old days" as having better quality...it just isn't the case...

... There's still of a lot of truth to that.

Back
Top Bottom