Producer of Nicki Minaj's Pinkprint album exposes the label's Damage Control problems, says "Changes

How is that on her though
Album was suppose to have BEEN out
Label was ***********
She was droppin hot verses mostly all year
Plus her singles besides pills and potions were wack

IDK if I can consider this a flop, cant look at her sales in a vacuum. Yeah her initial hype is dead, but shes still a female rapper with large sale numbers in a time where female rappers basically dont exist on a large stage.

I don't really believe this.

Agreed. It's not a flop, I'm sure it's a disappointment. With Christmas sales. this album should have pushed over 200K first week. I can't see the label not wanting to release the album and saying okay because she said she could deliver. Seems phony to me. Labels are more worried about streams, tours and singles than first week sales.

I do hope that we don't hear from her for a very long time. Her gimmick is slowly running dry so we're in the right direction.

I don't really believe this.

Agreed. It's not a flop, I'm sure it's a disappointment. With Christmas sales. this album should have pushed over 200K first week. I can't see the label not wanting to release the album and saying okay because she said she could deliver. Seems phony to me. Labels are more worried about streams, tours and singles than first week sales.

I do hope that we don't hear from her for a very long time. Her gimmick is slowly running dry so we're in the right direction.
Her gimmick is dead but she CAN spit

IDK if I can consider this a flop, cant look at her sales in a vacuum. Yeah her initial hype is dead, but shes still a female rapper with large sale numbers in a time where female rappers basically dont exist on a large stage.

flop is a relative term. for her she flopped. that's like saying certain players aren't a bust because they are making money in the NBA or NFL. yes said athlete is doing what a lot of people can't but he's not doing what he was projected to based on talent. same here. she RUNS female rap. you can't backdoor and say well at least "she still selling a lot for a female." that would work if she wasn't Nicki Minaj.

I read his timeline, no idea if he's legit or not. Had some interesting points though. I know the label wasn't happy with her second album sales. New album sold even less and none of the singles did well. I've heard over the last couple years that people only dealt with Nicki because she was so hot. She's burned a lot of bridges and thinks she's much bigger than what she is. A lot of DJs and radio guys don't like dealing with her. Interesting that he would say the new goal is 400K and not platinum. There's a pretty big gap in there.

Hearing them talk about changing her album cover at the last minute is funny.
Him saying that they gave her complete control this time is interesting.
Over $3 million was invested in this album. Album is gonna recoup around $2 mil.
She's been lying about her single sales on iTunes and name dropping executives at Universal.

I know when you cross people at your label making the millions, your career is pretty much done. They won't let her drop anything.

This ***** did not produce on pink print :lol: if he did he wouldn't go hard on her like that ******* up his own money

Change the title bruh :lol:

Edit: is this the same ***** that was going hard on Ross?

Last edited:
MAN don't believe this fool...this is the same clown that talks **** about Ross all day

He's lame as ****

and nah dude is definitely a peon looking for attention. i ain't listening to **** he says.

same dude talking **** about MMG like yall saying

Thing is, alot of people don't like Nicki. Everyone & their momma' know shorty is hella' talented. Nick jus' messed her fanbase up when she went pop. Shoulda' stuck to the Hip-Hop formula.

Iggy just sealed the deal for her, plus those trash grammy nominations, that she is gonna win, nicki should of dropped a tape or did visuals for those songs see was dropping
this year, she though she was still a single then album artist, id still wife tho.

Didn't know she was dropping an album.

First song I heard/skipped with nicki was on an S.A.S. mix tape

Yes, that S.A.S. aye ayeeeeeeee London Boysssssssssss lol

that guy's a lame *** producer, always tries to act important on twitter but he's trash

he blocked me for some reason :lol:

and yeah nikki used to be on songs with S.A.S, 40 cal, ransom, etc..

Last edited:
they've been promoting tha joint like crazy. She's been on everything lately, from Jimmy fallon to inside the nba, which was VERY surprising. they are definitely pushing this album, but with the internet, especially spotify, I can't see it doing numbers. her fan base is crazy, and she is fine as ever and can spit, but that doesn't equal sales.

Glad Cole will remain highest selling hip-hop artist of 2014, really thougbt Nicki would kill it due to all her singles and pop lane.

Back
Top Bottom