Pro and cons of this Emachine Desktop at bestbuy

Anyone on Niketalk got this??

How is it? EMACHINES?? Im a lil short on cash and for the price, you cant beat it
pimp.gif

whats your review on it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/eMachin...?id=pcmprd124700050002&skuId=9999124700050002http://Emachine Desktop Bestbuy

Weak processor, weak graphics. 3GB ram decent, 500gb should be more than enough for most users. Decent price when bundled with the monitor, but don't expect to get alot out of it if you're gaming or such.

i purchased an emachine from bestbuys on blackfriday. it is TRASH. NEVER EVER WILL I TOUCH EMACHINE ever again.

Wow, that chip is from Q3 of 08. Old and slow as hell. Not worth your money in the least bit. What type of budget are you working with? and what all will you be doing?

Originally Posted by bonde111

Wow, that chip is from Q3 of 08. Old and slow as hell. Not worth your money in the least bit. What type of budget are you working with? and what all will you be doing?
Basicallly Music....I will be downloading tons of music, also photos, music programs....
My budget is 400-500...what do you recommend?

Originally Posted by keepitgully

build your own.. you'll probably spend about the same amount and it'll be much, much better... 

I'm going to assume he doesn't have the technical know how to build his own, though you are right, especially if he has a Frys or MicroCenter nearby.

So that being said, and if you know how to search you can get new and refurb desktops cheap on eBay too with good specs

[h1]Lenovo IdeaCentre K300 Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz Desktop PC[/h1]

Shop Now![h2]$509
+ free shipping[/h2]
Lenovo offers its Lenovo IdeaCentre K300 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93GHz Desktop PC (no monitor), model no. 53162CU, for $599. Apply coupon code "USP0128K300" and it falls to $509.15. With free shipping,that's $290 off and the lowest total price we could find for anIdeaCentre K300 desktop PC with a Core 2 Duo processor. Sales tax isadded where applicable. It features an Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHzdual-core processor, 4GB RAM, 640GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s harddrive, DVD burner, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Coupon endsFebruary

[h1]Dell Studio Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz Desktop PC[/h1]

Shop Now![h2]$449
[/h2]
Dell Home offers its Dell Studio Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz Desktop PC (no monitor) for $449 plus $12.95for shipping. That's tied with our mention a week ago and the lowesttotal price we've seen for this configuration. (We saw this model for$50 less two weeks ago, but that configuration had more RAM and adedicated video card). Sales tax is added where applicable.Itfeatures an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz quad-core processor, 3GBRAM, 500GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA hard drive, dual layer DVD burner,Gigabit Ethernet, media card reader, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.Deal ends February

[h1]HP Pavilion Slimline s5370t Core i3 Dual Core 2.93GHz PC[/h1]

Shop Now![h2]$550
+ free shipping[/h2]
HP Home & Home Office Store offers its HP Pavilion Slimline s5370t Intel Core i3 2.93GHz Desktop PC, model no. AZ214AV#ABA, for $549.99. With free shipping,it's $220 off list and the lowest total price we could find. Sales taxis added where applicable. It features an Intel Core i3-530 2.93GHzdual-core processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive, dual layer DVD burnerwith LightScribe, Gigabit Ethernet, media card reader, and Windows 7Home Premium 64-bit.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

build your own.. you'll probably spend about the same amount and it'll be much, much better... 
Cost of OS would eat that budget
Ya and OP isn't gaming so buying pre-built isn't that bad of an idea.

Buying an OS?

where they do dat at

Originally Posted by soltheman

Buying an OS?

where they do dat at
With Windows 7, Microsoft has turned into some damn Nazis. It'll even block you out of reregistering the same key twice if it's the same machine (ie get a virus and reformat). I mean, they eventually let me after I explained I wiped the computer because I was selling it, but you have to go through that whole process of the 64 character installation id and then they give you a 64 character confirmation id

But if you want to reuse an XP key from one of your old computers, it'll go through no problem no matter how many devices have and are currently using it.

But Microsoft still has the Windows 7 for 65$ for college students deal, which used to be $30
laugh.gif
but they raised it for some reason

Thanks for the Recommendation
pimp.gif
....I Def have options now...Eventhou I was looking for everything included, mouse, moniter etc.....but at those prices thou..
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom