Prime Deion vs Prime Michael Vick (IN TERMS OF MARKETING ABLITY TO THE MASSES)

dasonofceo

Banned
In their prime, who was more marketable to non sports fans or casual football fans? Mike Vick or Deion.

This goes in regards to everything

-sneakers

-commercials

-products

-signature movements(ex deion's dance)

Not even debatable. Deion in his prime trumps Vick in his prime. "Must be the moonnnaaayyyy"

Last edited:
Deion. His wife is in phenomenal shape by the way.

You'd be surprised how much the dog fighting ring STILL negatively impacts Vick's marketing value and possibilities. Not all Americans have forgiven or forgotten MV7. That goes especially for more casual football knows that don't truly know about Vick's redemption under Dungy.

I don't even see how you can include a man that hundreds of thousands of dog-owners want to see dead.

I don't think it is close.

I don't even see how you can include a man that hundreds of thousands of dog-owners want to see dead.

I don't think it is close.

pretty sure OP meant falcons vick when dude had sig model nikes and commercials

but yeah, not even close. even now deion getting more air time than mike :lol:

Last edited:
You do know Vick killed dogs and went to prison right? Not sure how you thought this was up for debate

alien.gif

Even without the dog fighting blemish, Prime Time was a two sport athlete at the professional level, and had a flashy persona to boot. Vick never had the personality of someone like Deion.

Think about who likes baseball and think about that being another demographic that Prime Time had a cut at.

Prime. He was such a better football player than Vick ever was and that made him even more marketable

Deion and its not even close. He was a 2 sport athlete. Even more so since Vick's dog fighting incident.

I think people are right to point out that Deion was the bigger icon but we have to remember that we'll never know how far Vick's marketing potential could have carried him. His marketability had been shooting up at a crazy trajectory the years prior to the dog fighting investigation and showed no signs of leveling off. A star NFL quarterback is the most marketable image in American sports, Vick might have given Deion a run had things played out differently.

Back
Top Bottom