Price Raises On Upcoming Jordans

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt the concords kick off the shoe boom?

and resellers come out for anything that is profitable especially retro jordans
laugh.gif
Yep, the Concords did it. In the 6 months before the Concords dropped I sold most of my collection. VNDS 07 Fire Red 3's for $120. VNDS Tour Yellow 4's for $140. VNDS Anniversary 11's for $140. VNDS 07 Fire Red 5's $120. VNDS 2005 Red/Grey X's $140. NDS 2007 Aqua 8 $140. And on and on. These were all size 12 and these were the best prices I could get on Ebay. Since the Concord drop every one of those is worth $200+ easy.

Also, I can't speak for the rest of you but I had no problem picking up every release I wanted in 2011 before the Concord drop. Playoff 13's, Cement 3's, Bordeaux 7's. Black/Metallic 5's. I'm not saying these sat, but I copped them online with no problems and not much wait time. Those days are gone...

and resellers come out for anything that is profitable especially retro jordans :lol:
Yep, the Concords did it. In the 6 months before the Concords dropped I sold most of my collection. VNDS 07 Fire Red 3's for $120. VNDS Tour Yellow 4's for $140. VNDS Anniversary 11's for $140. VNDS 07 Fire Red 5's $120. VNDS 2005 Red/Grey X's $140. NDS 2007 Aqua 8 $140. And on and on. These were all size 12 and these were the best prices I could get on Ebay. Since the Concord drop every one of those is worth $200+ easy.
Also, I can't speak for the rest of you but I had no problem picking up every release I wanted in 2011 before the Concord drop. Playoff 13's, Cement 3's, Bordeaux 7's. Black/Metallic 5's. I'm not saying these sat, but I copped them online with no problems and not much wait time. Those days are gone...

agreed. i guess its one of those mysterious things in life. who knew concords would kick off the shoe mania we see today. you barely see a jordan retro sitting in stores these days.

CONCORDS/South Beaches/Grinches

That's the 3 shoes that really got people not into sneakers like this community always has been to start looking again IMO.

and resellers come out for anything that is profitable especially retro jordans :lol:

I sold off most my collection in 2009. Sold recent releases NDS $40-$60 over retail. Now I see these undesired shoes from years back going for $300 :lol:

Funniest thing is I was hunting for a '01 pair of Royals or Blk/reds and they were going for $200-$250 DS back in 2008. Even '94s were $400, and OGs about $600. Now that price has doubled. People paying $300 for a shoe that just released.

I feel bad for new collectors

This is precisely why I've started purchasing more replicas. Why pay 200 dollars when I can get the same cheap recycled Chinese sneaker for 50 straight from the motherland. Say what you want but the rep game has been a saving grace.

This is precisely why I've started purchasing more replicas. Why pay 200 dollars when I can get the same cheap recycled Chinese sneaker for 50 straight from the motherland. Say what you want but the rep game has been a saving grace.
so y are u on a website that's all about authentic shoes

Buying fakes are a part of the game now? Not on this website...

Price raises or not, I'm NEVER IN MY LIFE BUYING A FAKE PAIR OF SHOES. :rofl:

Last edited:
Not happy with it but since I have most of the pairs I want now these increases don't affect me too much.

Definitely has an impact on my on the fence/impulse purchases but whatever I have too many shoes anyway so thanks jb.

Obviously I am going to have to shell out dough if they release bc 3's and 4, 5, 6's with na but after that I'm truly done.

Last edited:
Do you also wear Gucki or Armami?

I work at a sneaker store and it looks like upcoming Jordan sneakers like The Laney Vs, the Oreo Vs, white black 12s will all costs $170. Also there is a white/black/red color way coming out this fall for the Jordan Xs. Not sure how they will look but look out for $10 price raises on retros for the fall

The fall? yes, the fall of the evil empire that is JB.
Ive stoped buying jordans since the cool gray 11s, and slowly selling off my Jordan stash. I cant stand the raise in price, decline in quality, increased difficulty in buying the same kicks that just released 3-5 years ago.

RIP JB

Wow you should be banned just for posting this :smh:

I said I will be done after grape 5. Truthfully it's because I have to wait till next year for something I don't have already. Come on Maroons and Sport blue 6. Wouldn't mind a decent blk and red 12 .

No suede!

As for prices, you might not want to spend the extra 10 to 20 bucks but if its your grail, you will pay. If your on this website ohhh you will pay. Air Jordan 16/17/18 anyone. Unlike the rest you either owned the ogs or cdps or don't have them. These are great shoes and will be those first 200 dollar shoes maybe a little more(17s). I would be more excited for this than nike air on the back/ front whatever.

Banned for speaking the truth? K brah. Keep buying garbage quality recycled sneakers for 200 dollars a pop. It's hilarious how dumb new age sneakerheads are.

Banned for copping FAKES, that's the truth.
And I'm no new age nothing,I bet I've been copping J' before you were born.
I'll keep my authentic sneakers and you can have you're FAKES :smh:
The only person that sounds dumb is the one on NT talking about copping fakes.

Last edited:

Damn Concords flipped up the shoe game for sure lol...funny thing is while I do like the Concords im not head over heels crazy for them like many are. This is crazy to actually think about one damn retro bringing more attention to this hobby than it had in years, and probably changing it forever. Back when I was younger and starting to get into shoes, you could usually walk into Footlocker and pick up some J's, but they'd be out of all white Air Force Ones. Things change fast. 

Banned for speaking the truth? K brah. Keep buying garbage quality recycled sneakers for 200 dollars a pop. It's hilarious how dumb new age sneakerheads are.

Or you can buy a real pair of sneakers dummy. If I couldn't afford or didn't wanna pay for retro Jordan quality, I sure as hell wouldn't buyfake Jordans. That's straight homo. I'd rather just buy a different sneaker. You know they make other brands and styles right? don't blame sneaker heads blame your own stupidity for that dumb *** comment.

Last edited:
Lol JB just doesn't give a **** anymore. Good thing I don't buy every Jay that drops or four pair of the same shoe like most people. All i need are the Space Jams and I'm finished with retroes. Most of these new colorways are sketchy; I only want those Oreo 5's, so I'm not gonna complain too much about the price hike. It's only a matter of time before retail is $200.

New X's but we can't get the City Pack? 
mean.gif

I've been keeping my eye on specific Jordans but I've been defecting to other brands to compensate for this highway robbery that JB has been getting away with. Quality for a reasonable price > Hype for a ridiculous price, that's why I've been dabbling in Reebok and Ewing products. Excluding Steels and the possibility of getting Hares (since CDPs seem to be retroing this time around), if I don't get the City Pack I don't see myself buying anymore Jordans.

Or you can buy a real pair of sneakers dummy. If I couldn't afford or didn't wanna pay for retro Jordan quality, I sure as hell wouldn't buyfake Jordans. That's straight homo. I'd rather just buy a different sneaker. You know they make other brands and styles right? don't blame sneaker heads blame your own stupidity for that dumb *** comment.
Lol you do realize that replicas or "fakes" as you call them are made in the same Chinese factories as the "authentics" right? Ignorance these days. Who's the dumbass again? The one paying 200 dollars for a chinese sneaker or the one paying 50 dollars for the same sneaker that just isn't authorized by Nike/Jordan? I'll wait.

Keep funding Nike executive vacations brah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom