Pre NFL Draft Thread - Update, Jake Long #1

Saints gonna make sure they get Ellis.
pimp.gif

Wow...dk what the details are yet but thats a REAL GOOD look for N.O. if they doin that for Ellis (which seems to make sense)

Originally Posted by KobeKid24

just heard raiders are looking to trade down
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

4. The Bears draft Rashard Mendenhall: I'm not sure what the Bears still see in 2005 first-round running back Cedric Benson that deserves continued displays of confidence, but I don't share their optimism.

Benson doesn't seem to do anything particularly well three years into his NFL career, and if I was calling the shots in Chicago, I'd cut my losses and move on. At least in the sense of bringing in front-line competition for the underachieving Benson, who appears to be a classic case of the high draft pick who got paid and lost motivation.

That's where Mendenhall, the University of Illinois star, comes in. He's a big, powerful and fast runner who has very little wear and tear on his body after starting just one season (as a junior) for the Illini. The already low-impact Bears offense suffered some losses this offseason, and playmakers are in painfully short supply on the unit coordinated by Ron Turner. The Bears stayed status quo at quarterback and lost ground at receiver. More than ever, they need a running game they can rely on.
pimp.gif

not
pimp.gif
AT ALL! I dont understand why bear fans keep thinking thiswould be good for the bears! stop thinking about what you want and start think about what the bears NEED and that is an O-Lineman! Did i miss something here...can mendenhall literally fly in the air, cuz if he can im ok with that choice! Because with the O-Line ( if you want to call them that) we have now, thats theonly way he will gain any yards.

Originally Posted by janoy

^isnt k.irons coming back for cincy?

You can't bank on anyone coming back from a knee injury. For every Willis McGahee, there are a million others who never get back right....
Todd McShay just said DeSean Jackson's speed doesnt translate on the field in game film ....
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Mendenhall > Stewart
What makes you say that? (Not that I disagree)

Sorry but, if Cincy were to actually end up takin Stewart at 9 (HIGHLY doubt it) theyd be makin a big mistake.

I dont care if Rudi's fallen off (not saying he has) but their Defense really isnt a more pressing need than a RB?...and Pollack just retired too so itsnot like he'll be helping next year (didnt think hed be ever be 100% again to be honest)

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Todd McShay just said DeSean Jackson's speed doesnt translate on the field in game film ....

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
you was watching that to gunna? he also has said VernonGholston is NOT a good veyr Athletic

Originally Posted by dreClark

Mendenhall > Stewart

A couple of reasons. The biggest reason I say that would be the questions surrounding Stewart's overall health and his ability to stay onthe field. The other would be the lack of wear and tear to Mendenhall as the result of him toting the rock full time for 1 season. Talent wise they may beequal but I think those two reasons would give Mendenhall the edge.

Granted I saw much more of Mendenhall than Stewart this year and there are probably more questions surrounding Mendenhall as to whether or not he can do whathe did last year on a consistent basis, but its just a gut feeling I have.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by dreClark

Mendenhall > Stewart
A couple of reasons. The biggest reason I say that would be the questions surrounding Stewart's overall health and his ability to stay on the field. The other would be the lack of wear and tear to Mendenhall as the result of him toting the rock full time for 1 season. Talent wise they may be equal but I think those two reasons would give Mendenhall the edge.

Granted I saw much more of Mendenhall than Stewart this year and there are probably more questions surrounding Mendenhall as to whether or not he can do what he did last year on a consistent basis, but its just a gut feeling I have.
He is a pile pusher that can make his own yards if the holes aint there. I know he ran from the shotgun at Illi but watching him run I have noquestions he can be just effective from an I or an offset.

Stewart on the other hand...as big as he is he doesnt come off as a power runner he is fast top end but how many steps does it take him to get rolling? But allof that nitpicking aside I just wanna see what he looks like running out of an I. I got some questions about him as far as that is concerned. I dont reallylike his vision and I dunno if he would be as effective without everyone spread out. I just havent seen it though I am not saying he cant do it.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

im callin LSU

I dunno

Steltz, Dorsey, Highsmith, Zenon, Jackson, Hester,

You think any one else is draft worthy??

From U$C, I got

Rivers, Booty, Washington, Ellis, Davis, Jackson, Baker, Maybe others....Who's that once CB they have

Michigan You got,

Crable, Adams, Hart, Henne, Manninghan, Arrington, Long, Michigan fans are there more????

DMac and his "character issues" have gotten so blown outa proportion...find somethin else to talk about

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
you was watching that to gunna? he also has said Vernon
Gholston is NOT a good veyr Athletic

Granted, McShay is an idiot, but as far as Gholston, i think what he means when he says Gholston is not "athletic" is that Gholston does not havefluid hips to play Linebacker like
a lot of analysts and pundits say he can. I can sort of see that when you compare Chris Long's ability to move in space and play LB.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Saints/Pats trade not official, right??

Yeah I can't find swuat on this, been lookin all day.

So far, this trade and Jake Long at #1 my only shots at being right in my mock.
roll.gif
I actually did call both.
laugh.gif

Saints/Pats trade not official, right??
Adam Schefter reported it on NFLN today, said it's a done deal and they might wait to announce it at Draft. Agreed though I cant find anythingonline either so
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom