POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

If you do not live in Cali, check out Authenticwatches.com.
They are much better than Jomashop from what I heard, although I've had a good experience with Jomashop before.

Depending on which Carrera you are looking for, check out Lussori as well.
These guys are actually an authorized dealer so you get the warranty with the watch but you have to order by phone.
They have several Tag's on sale on their website, I am really tempted to get the Monaco at 40% off.
http://www.lussori.com/SpecialsSect...ubCategoryID=68&PLID=0&WatchMFGID=4&ViewAll=1
Thank you for that website RFX45. This is the Carrera I am looking to purchase. Picture is from jomashop. Let me know if you have anymore adviceon purchasing this watch, because i am pretty much ready to pull the trigger, just looking for the best price and website legitamacy.

jomashop_2059_58521216

Both Jomashop and Authenticwatches are legit, from what I have read around, Authenticwatches are better.
If Lussori could give you a similar discount Jomashop or authenticwatches, go with them as you will get the manufacturers warranty, which is overall betterbecause if any problem occurs, Tag will fix it.
If you buy from JS or AW, it is their watchmakers that will fix the problem.

Good luck and if you are really serious about buying, I can give you info on the Sales Associate I deal with at Lussori.
PM me if you are insterested in taking that route.

Originally Posted by RFX45

As for me, I am starting to run again so I needed a watch to keep time so I went ahead and bought some Nike watch.
This watch pretty much has anything I need other than a heart monitor, which I really don't need.
Just thought I would share.

Those Nike watches are pretty bulletproof.

I have a Triax C5 w/ HRM that I took scuba diving in Catalina 2 years ago. I wanted to time my dive so I was using the pushers underwater completely notrealizing the consequences. When I got back on the boat I realized that using the pushers underwater allowed water into the case, and the entire display fadedout and I thought it was a lost cause. I let the watch sit in the sun for a couple days, and it ended up working fine again.

Neat feature of the HRM is that if you just wear the strap it automatically links to POLAR equipped exercise machines and you don't have to grasp thehandles for the machine to read your heart rate. The only thing I don't like about the watch is the rubber strap, and the fact that you can't changeit (on mine at least).

I have used Jomashop before and liked their service, their shipping was extra fast too. I have had good luck with my PRC 200 and my old PR 50. I believe thatthe only difference between Tudor pre 1995 and Rolex was the ETA movements used. When I figure out how to post pictures, I'll put mine up.

Also what are the functions on the nike watch?

really feelin the iwc, bell & ross, archimede, and breitlings.
you guys got some heat.

always said, would never cop a watch till i could afford the one i want.

Originally Posted by uncleo28

Also what are the functions on the nike watch?

It has simple functions. Modes include Run (times the run and laps), Workout (interval timing), Saves the data for comparison and alarm.

New Hamilton's were introduced and it looks pretty good for a great price.
Field Automatic ($645 for the 40mm and $745 for the 42mm)
backtobasic.jpg

backtobasic1.jpg

Hamilton Khaki King 42mm ($1,395)
king2.jpg

king3.jpg

Longines and Omega also introduced two interesting pieces.

Longines Silver Arrow
This is pretty damn nice, I wouldn't mind it especially since Lognines can be had for a deep discount.
The Silver Arrow is a new edition of a 1955 Longines model. The case, in stainless steel, measures 38.5mm. The crystal is hesalite and it is water resistant to 30 meters.

Movement is the automatic Longines caliber L619 (base ETA 2892-A2) with a power reserve of 42 hours.

MSRP is $1,500.
silverarrow1.jpg

Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Co-Axial GMT Chronograph
omegagmt.jpg

^^ Nice Burberry watch, I have the same one.
It is a great watch, very versatile.

those new hamiltons look magically delicious.

i got my tsovet in the mail tonight. ill post some pics tomorrow sometime. solid watch first impressions, lighter and a little smaller than what i thought itwas going to be, but my eyes may just be playing tricks on me cause i'm a bigger guy to begin with. but seems to be very good quality. not very greenfriendly though lol....the packaging is OD for real.

I recieved my Tudor today, I love the watch, it is bigger than most Date/Prince versions. However there is some significant tarnishing on the bracelet and Iwant to get an replacement president/jubilee style. What brands do you guys recommend?

I recieved my Tudor today, I love the watch, it is bigger than most Date/Prince versions. However there is some significant tarnishing on the bracelet and I want to get an replacement president/jubilee style. What brands do you guys recommend?
Are you completely opposed to getting a used Rolex bracelet? I feel like it takes away from the whole aura of the Rolex/Tudor watch without anauthentic bracelet..

You can probably find one on some watch forums for a couple hundred bucks. Otherwise you can find a replica bracelet for pretty cheap elsewhere....

Have you considered a nice leather strap?

I recieved my Tudor today, I love the watch, it is bigger than most Date/Prince versions. However there is some significant tarnishing on the bracelet and I want to get an replacement president/jubilee style. What brands do you guys recommend?
Why don't you take a picture of it and post it up here, and I'll see if I can get a quote for what it might cost to restore the braceletthat the watch came with (assuming it's an authentic Rolex bracelet).

The guy who restored my Datejust does incredible work, based out of Los Angeles.

It is a authentic bracelet, and I wouldn't mind have the original bracelet restored, ultimatly that is what I want done. Can he restore it even if it isstretched? I was looking at maybe a Hadley Roma metal band or leather strap. I'll try and get pictures of it out tomorrow.

The local rolex/scrap gold buyer, threw me a crap price/value for it, 50 bucks, which the 18k Bezel weighs in scrap gold. He called some dealer and was like"gold-tone" some tudor date". However from looking at eBay and few forums like timezone, they run from 500-1100 depending on condition and whatcomes with it.

I'm sure most people know JM is a watch collector.. I ran across these pics.

Plat Big Pilot I'm sure the one he flashed in the video with Kanye.
john-mayer.jpg

Maybe someone can I.d. this one.. Rolex, maybe?
john-mayer-13.jpg

From his blog..
Tonight's watch is a ref. 1680 "red" Sumbariner, issued to the Peruvian Air Force. The only
brown dial "feet first" dial I've seen. Bezel faded to a gorgeous gunmetal gray. Sorry. Sorry. Back to cakes.

blog12.9.5.jpg

hi y'all i remember seeing jm's website with a lot of nice watches on it could somebody give me the address back please i can't find it myself thxin advance

Hey, was hoping if anyone could drop some knowledge.

Been looking to get a nice watch for a while, budget is around $5k or less. Two watches that interest me right now are the Rolex Submariner and the TAG HeuerCarrera Chrono (both black face, metal bracelet). As far as I know, the TAG is significantly cheaper than the Rolex, however, I feel that the Rolex will holdvalue better than the TAG. Is there any difference in the quality of the movements? What I'm basically looking for is whether or not the $ premium is worthit over the TAG. Realistically, what am I looking to pay for each (I see the mention of deep discounts from MSRP, but I don't know exactly how much)

The submariner is timeless, but I do somewhat like the design of the Carrera better. Either would be one of my daily wear watches, I doubt I'd stow it awaymuch.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Oh, and are there any other watches I should be looking at? I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan of Omegas, but from what I've read, theirmovements are fantastic

hey guys. great information and nice watches on this board.

i was going to purchase my very first "nice" watch. I want to spend ~$500. I basically go with what looks good, but dont know if the quality is worththe price. I saw this Movado. Any opinions? I was also wondering. Would i be able to get a brown leather strap for that watch and do you think it would workwith that face?

http://http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=289835&CategoryID=29294

Back
Top Bottom