Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

Originally Posted by Swagger2Much4You

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

If the first thing you don't think of is " the sun don't shine forever but as long as its here then we might as well shine together" when you think of victory your a F$%$ liar (no shots)

if-serious1.jpg

because it's the first line of the song. what does that have to do with Diddy bodying B.I.G?

I just think that his verse stood out more but that doesn't mean he was more lyrical that would be blasphemous i hate diddy btw im saying it was more catchy probably because of the rising of the beat and then the transition to bigs verse where the beat wasn't as dramatic
THAT makes since...your previous claim...not so much

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

If the first thing you don't think of is " the sun don't shine forever but as long as its here then we might as well shine together" when you think of victory your a F$%$ liar (no shots)

if-serious1.jpg

because it's the first line of the song. what does that have to do with Diddy bodying B.I.G?

I just think that his verse stood out more but that doesn't mean he was more lyrical that would be blasphemous i hate diddy btw im saying it was more catchy probably because of the rising of the beat and then the transition to bigs verse where the beat wasn't as dramatic
THAT makes since...your previous claim...not so much

Jay Z is good, but he should have stayed retired after The Black Album, he's already proved himself and told his story, made it to the top of the rap game, what else do you have to rap about? He's still a great artist, but his music is just lacking content lately.

Justin Bieber is that dude. That dude has 30 on his swag at all times
laugh.gif

Wiz's last good piece of music was Cabin Fever.

I still don't like Wale, no matter how popular he gets or who he signs with.

Soulja Boy still has potential, but he seriously needs to stop biting every popular artist he comes across. He has his own wave, ride it.

It's really hard for me to like Big Sean, J.Cole, Tyga, or any of those other main stream rappers. They all talk about the same things, just over a different beat.

Lil Wayne stopped being "Weezy" after Tha Carter 2. I would like his music more if he dropped a Hot Boyz type song every once in a while with the people that were in it.

Asher Roth > Mac Miller

Not really feeling any of Em's new music, I am genuinely happy that he is clean, sober, and he is back in control of his life, but he made better music when he was under the influence.

RnB is being turned into Club Pop stuff. Chris Brown is that dude, but he should be damned ashamed of that "Yeah 3x" song, and his whole new Fame album.

Odd Future and Lil' B are definitely bringing back the west coast whether you like it or not. They both have true talent, and are actually enjoyable if you actually search past their shocker songs. People hear one silly song from them and think they automatically know what they're about. People judge books by their covers too much, and I'd rather listen to them than Gucci or Ross (which I still do enjoy for my random doses of ignorant music 
laugh.gif
)

Pac and Biggie were both amazing, their music is timeless, but don't act they are the fathers of rap FOREVER. People act like they can't be out rapped ever, but dude, they're dead. If you think that from the time they died, to now, that no one has ever surpassed them, then you're just fooling yourself.

Kanye has 5 solid album, people weren't feeling the last two because I don't think their musical pallet is versatile enough to understand them. 808's was one of his more artistic/emotional album, and according to rap fans, it was too "soft". I do agree with the statement saying that MBDTF was great, but had low replay value.

Lupe still has bars, but he sold the hell out on that last album. His first 2 albums are still classics to me.

A decent amount of producers bite Young L from The Pack's sound.

John Mayer has the most swag
pimp.gif

Travie from Gym Class Heroes was actually an amazing artist,  9after the As Cruel As School Children album, he sold the hell out. Go check "The Papercut Chronicles", stuff was impeccable.

Roscoe Dash, Travis Porter, and who ever made that "Dougie" song are all trash.

Jay Z is good, but he should have stayed retired after The Black Album, he's already proved himself and told his story, made it to the top of the rap game, what else do you have to rap about? He's still a great artist, but his music is just lacking content lately.

Justin Bieber is that dude. That dude has 30 on his swag at all times
laugh.gif

Wiz's last good piece of music was Cabin Fever.

I still don't like Wale, no matter how popular he gets or who he signs with.

Soulja Boy still has potential, but he seriously needs to stop biting every popular artist he comes across. He has his own wave, ride it.

It's really hard for me to like Big Sean, J.Cole, Tyga, or any of those other main stream rappers. They all talk about the same things, just over a different beat.

Lil Wayne stopped being "Weezy" after Tha Carter 2. I would like his music more if he dropped a Hot Boyz type song every once in a while with the people that were in it.

Asher Roth > Mac Miller

Not really feeling any of Em's new music, I am genuinely happy that he is clean, sober, and he is back in control of his life, but he made better music when he was under the influence.

RnB is being turned into Club Pop stuff. Chris Brown is that dude, but he should be damned ashamed of that "Yeah 3x" song, and his whole new Fame album.

Odd Future and Lil' B are definitely bringing back the west coast whether you like it or not. They both have true talent, and are actually enjoyable if you actually search past their shocker songs. People hear one silly song from them and think they automatically know what they're about. People judge books by their covers too much, and I'd rather listen to them than Gucci or Ross (which I still do enjoy for my random doses of ignorant music 
laugh.gif
)

Pac and Biggie were both amazing, their music is timeless, but don't act they are the fathers of rap FOREVER. People act like they can't be out rapped ever, but dude, they're dead. If you think that from the time they died, to now, that no one has ever surpassed them, then you're just fooling yourself.

Kanye has 5 solid album, people weren't feeling the last two because I don't think their musical pallet is versatile enough to understand them. 808's was one of his more artistic/emotional album, and according to rap fans, it was too "soft". I do agree with the statement saying that MBDTF was great, but had low replay value.

Lupe still has bars, but he sold the hell out on that last album. His first 2 albums are still classics to me.

A decent amount of producers bite Young L from The Pack's sound.

John Mayer has the most swag
pimp.gif

Travie from Gym Class Heroes was actually an amazing artist,  9after the As Cruel As School Children album, he sold the hell out. Go check "The Papercut Chronicles", stuff was impeccable.

Roscoe Dash, Travis Porter, and who ever made that "Dougie" song are all trash.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

Originally Posted by GAS BREAK DIP

- E-40 is and will forever be the most underrated rapper of all-time
Wait....
You guys are actually serious?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Who else has been putting out consistent hitters for the past 20 years like 40 water? 40 water gets no love for someone that had his kind of influence in hip hop.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

Originally Posted by GAS BREAK DIP

- E-40 is and will forever be the most underrated rapper of all-time
Wait....
You guys are actually serious?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Who else has been putting out consistent hitters for the past 20 years like 40 water? 40 water gets no love for someone that had his kind of influence in hip hop.

If you had put 'one of' in front of your statement, I'd agree wholeheartedly. But I cant rock with MOST underrated, especially when Black Thought's out there. But yeah, dude's influence is heavily, criminally overlooked
30t6p3b.gif

If you had put 'one of' in front of your statement, I'd agree wholeheartedly. But I cant rock with MOST underrated, especially when Black Thought's out there. But yeah, dude's influence is heavily, criminally overlooked
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Jay-Z is not close to being a superb rapper....a lot are better

Thank Me later is a classic

TODK>everything so far released this year

Drake & J. Cole>

Bow Wow is one of the more better rappers in the game

The 2pac vs biggie debate isn't as close as people make it out to be...makaveli ftw

Eminem is good, just not nearly as good as people make it out to be

Kendrick Lamar can be top 5 when he's done

hi five, guy, next, 112, blackstreet, jodeci, dru hill, >>>>>

I can't vibe with Lil B, or Odd Future....I just don't get it, their grind is dope though
ohwell.gif

Big Sean is dope....has his own unique style

All I can think of right now...

Agree with all but 2 of these. Bow and Big Sean
sick.gif

Drake & J. Cole>

The 2pac vs biggie debate isn't as close as people make it out to be...makaveli ftw

I can't vibe with Lil B, or Odd Future....I just don't get it, their grind is dope though
ohwell.gif

sick.gif

Here's another one.

Ghostface ruined "Gihad" on OB4CL2 by coming on the song and talking about his man parts and skeet and $++!. Waste of a killer beat.
eyes.gif

Here's another one.

Ghostface ruined "Gihad" on OB4CL2 by coming on the song and talking about his man parts and skeet and $++!. Waste of a killer beat.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

Here's another one.

eyes.gif
lol That aint the first either. Check 'Projects' off the Wu Forever joint. GFK comes outta nowhere screaming about his stuff cums in globs n  __
30t6p3b.gif
Absolutely nothing to with the projects.

Originally Posted by Nash

Here's another one.

eyes.gif
lol That aint the first either. Check 'Projects' off the Wu Forever joint. GFK comes outta nowhere screaming about his stuff cums in globs n  __
30t6p3b.gif
Absolutely nothing to with the projects.

Originally Posted by LB510

Drake & J. Cole>

ohwell.gif

sick.gif

laugh.gif
 touche'. But Bow wow has been spitting for a few years now and people write him off simply because of his name. My point with Bow is that, the people you (not you in particular, just saying) cosign as being good, or "hot," he's just as good if not better than most of the time.

As far as Big Sean, I guess that's personal preference. I dig his style. 

A few others....

1.Ty$ is money on the hooks right now. He's a force

2.Dom Kennedy is legit top 5 out period. 

3.Drake has the potential to be the best artist in Music, Period, regardless of genre.

4. My Top 5 in hip-hop goes : Drake, J. Cole, Nipsey hussle, Big sean, and Dom Kennedy in no particular order

5.The Warm Up & Friday night lights are awesome

6.Novacane by Frank Ocean is one of the best joints released this year, if not the best from an r&b artist

7.I don't get it with Wiz Khalifa. To each its own though

8.XV is underrated. Nevermind, Textbook stuff, top of the roof, etc. he's dope.

9.New Edition "Mr Telephone Man" still is one of the best r&b joints I've heard. I bump this all the time

10.Tevin Campbell's "Knocks Me Off My Feet">Stevie Wonder's version

11. Skeme doesn't get the notoriety that he deserves out west. He's really dope. 

12. I don't get it with Tyga, at all. To each its own though.

13. "The Game Of Love" by santana is a forever classic imo. Such a good vibration song. 

14. Taylor Swift "Love Story" is a classic, I love that joint. 

15. 9 in the afternoon by panic at the disco is straight awesome

16. YG is a terrible rapper. But he has hits. I listen to him

17. Everything KEM puts out it seems is classic. "Love Never Fails">

18. Method Man, "Break ups to Make Ups" >

19. Plies is a beast at party music. Every guy should hit a wall when he comes on

20. Nivea when she first came out>

21. Ghosttown DJ's "My Boo" is such a classic record. 

Back
Top Bottom