Post Your Sunglasses : Vol. Spring is here Summer is close

Just got these Lacoste polarized shades the other day.
41KuejVhFfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ya'll really got me addicted to sunglasses smh, I've bought like 4 pairs in the last month...
smh.gif

Jackthreads has some 9fives(wayfarer style) on sale for around 20 -30$ invite in sig if u need it.

anybody have any problems ordering for otticanet.com? first off it took them FOREVER to get me my sunglasses, i emailed them 6 times and got no responses
indifferent.gif
and now i got hit with some kind of extra customs fees and crap

How long did it take from otticanet.com? From placing the order to actually getting the item. I believe they ship from Europe. I need the item within 10 days so i might go from a site that ships within the US.

Are Designer Sunglasses Worth the Price?

Are you in the market for a new pair of designer sunglasses this summer?

It's the season for it, and you can spend hundreds of dollars on your next pair of shades. Some Prada and Bulgari pairs will run you nearly $500, and that's if you don't need prescription lenses. Even more moderate design labels like Ray-Ban or REVO can cost a couple of hundred bucks.

Designer shades are big business, even in this economy. I keep hearing about the new age of frugality, but I'm not seeing much of it at the mall. Sunglass Hut's same-store sales in the U.S. rose 10.8% in the first quarter, pretty much erasing the slump in early 2009.

But are these expensive brands worth it? How much better are they, really, than the $25 pairs you can get in your local pharmacy?

Before you spend big money on your next pair of designer shades, here are six things you should know.

1. Most sunglasses are made by the same company. Do you prefer the "quality" of Ray-Ban to Oakley? Do you think Bulgari is better than Dolce & Gabbana, or Salvatore Ferragamo is better than Prada? Wake up. They're all made by one company, Italian manufacturer Luxottica–one of the biggest consumer companies that consumers have never heard of. Luxottica also makes sunglasses branded Burberry, Chanel, Polo Ralph Lauren, Paul Smith, Stella McCartney, Tiffany, Versace, Vogue, Persol, Miu Miu, Tory Burch and Donna Karan.

"We manufacture about 70% of those brands in our factories in Italy, and the balance in America and China," says Luxottica spokesman Luca Biondolillo. "We do the design, the manufacturing, and the marketing," he adds. The company makes most of those brands under license, working closely with designers at the relevant fashion houses. But it owns several brands itself, including Ray-Ban, Oakley, Oliver Peoples and REVO.

Article makes some good points. But dude this is niketalk look what people spend on kicks alone.....
glasses.gif

i was watching the new episode of fantasy factor and saw drama with these

any one know what they are/who makes them

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

i seen that episode, i liked those a lot. especially the lenses

yo does anyone know what kind of plastic aviators chris brown is wearing in this video? (the ones at 1:11)

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

i seen that episode, i liked those a lot. especially the lenses
I've been looking for something like this for the longest. Last pair I had close to it came from a Bodega.

However, if they are those Super's in that link, I'll pass.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Are Designer Sunglasses Worth the Price?

Are you in the market for a new pair of designer sunglasses this summer?

It's the season for it, and you can spend hundreds of dollars on your next pair of shades. Some Prada and Bulgari pairs will run you nearly $500, and that's if you don't need prescription lenses. Even more moderate design labels like Ray-Ban or REVO can cost a couple of hundred bucks.

Designer shades are big business, even in this economy. I keep hearing about the new age of frugality, but I'm not seeing much of it at the mall. Sunglass Hut's same-store sales in the U.S. rose 10.8% in the first quarter, pretty much erasing the slump in early 2009.

But are these expensive brands worth it? How much better are they, really, than the $25 pairs you can get in your local pharmacy?

Before you spend big money on your next pair of designer shades, here are six things you should know.

1. Most sunglasses are made by the same company. Do you prefer the "quality" of Ray-Ban to Oakley? Do you think Bulgari is better than Dolce & Gabbana, or Salvatore Ferragamo is better than Prada? Wake up. They're all made by one company, Italian manufacturer Luxottica–one of the biggest consumer companies that consumers have never heard of. Luxottica also makes sunglasses branded Burberry, Chanel, Polo Ralph Lauren, Paul Smith, Stella McCartney, Tiffany, Versace, Vogue, Persol, Miu Miu, Tory Burch and Donna Karan.

"We manufacture about 70% of those brands in our factories in Italy, and the balance in America and China," says Luxottica spokesman Luca Biondolillo. "We do the design, the manufacturing, and the marketing," he adds. The company makes most of those brands under license, working closely with designers at the relevant fashion houses. But it owns several brands itself, including Ray-Ban, Oakley, Oliver Peoples and REVO.

While some of that is true  - a lot of it just isn't. Sure, Ray-Ban and Oakley are not owned by the same company but they still have their own factories and individual ethos - Ray-Ban use glass lenses and Oakley have a proprietary polycarbonate.

Some of the brands that are more fashion based - rather than function and fashion - will be made in the same place as any normal eyewear is so the only difference will be the style. Gucci don't make glasses - they just licence their name so that one of the big manufacturers can - and that manufacturer will have a few different ranges that they do.

I'm sure it happens in clothing too - there are probably factories in China with contracts for different companies - but the parent company still dictates what comes out.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

in case you're wondering how those gucci's looked...

ept_sports_nba_experts-885502459-1278446402.jpg
what is the model # for these? they look pretty nice.
Gucci 1622 got myself two pair, bout to cop # 3
thanks bro they look pretty dope.

how is the width on these? aviators fit my face good but i dont like shades that are really wide.

According to Otticanet Size (lens-bridge-temple) http://otticanet.com/Images2007/c_p_a.jpg : 63-14-130

c_p_a.jpg

I want those too but I can't find a place to try them on at before ordering
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I really wanted those Gucci 1622 but good thing I tried them on first. It was kinda big for my face and since my nose bridge is low, my eye brow shows and looks little funny to me. I might try the 1627 again to see how it looks because the bridge is smaller.

Back
Top Bottom