Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

The Re-up

https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/los-an...+z-9-3271037669?_ref=p-TLP:m-NAFH:i-r0c3:po-3
1596834697328.png

This is where i copped the A's cap at. Some good prices, idk if they ship to the US or not tho

asiatic204 asiatic204 idk if you knew but AtEaze is going under. Everything marked down. Missed out on Nuptse smh. Debating if i wanna grab 990s

This is where i copped the A's cap at. Some good prices, idk if they ship to the US or not tho

asiatic204 asiatic204 idk if you knew but AtEaze is going under. Everything marked down. Missed out on Nuptse smh. Debating if i wanna grab 990s

ahat ahat Damn, all of em? Good looking out! Gonna run through the site just now but I bought 4 Mountain Jackets alone in the last month. :sick:

What color Mountain? Too bad you're not a sample size. 2021 is gonna be a PROBLEM. I seent it ALL.
TNF blue.

Was debating on the mountain light. Almost said **** it and got both, had to tell myself chilllll :lol:

👀 big man sizes get no love. All the fire is usually medium

TNF blue.

Was debating on the mountain light. Almost said **** it and got both, had to tell myself chilllll :lol:

👀 big man sizes get no love. All the fire is usually medium

:emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire: Fire color. If it weren't so close to Aztec I'd cop myself.

just snagged that purple one off they website. lol knew that patch looked familiar thats the Giants world series patch. I'm surprised new era didn't correct that.

Macys coming through with some retro classics
985AAE20-79BC-4563-A568-1D25821067A6.jpeg

I’d buy none of these for retail. So it was a decent surprise to see their price drop. I think you can go back to when these dropped. They hyped up the accuracy and wool and grey Unders. But it all fell flat. 4-5 of 3-4 dozen caps were accurate, leaving the true collector pointing out the many flaws
———
Stickler alert. One has to remember, they supposedly went with 1993 as their year of reflection.

1990 giants/ retro classic/ 2000 era grey under
Logo sizing appears correct. The logo itself Is flat like the 1990s, but features sharper straight line edges with different F details. It’ appears to be a logo from the 50s-70s.
top button is orange, and has the correct batterman.
Grade: B
5530E2A8-FCEC-4F17-8A08-79DE6E74985C.jpeg

——-
Retro classic White Sox / HC exclusive from a few years back
The original design ended in 1990, so there was no batterman. The HC has the correct logo size, while the retro classic is oversized, and has the wrong stitch pattern. Super lazy on the retro classic. The main C stroke should be visibly in front of the back upper tail. The HC logo appears slightly raised, which the retro classic is completely flat.

Grade: C+

7E5CA501-7030-430B-8C86-202D418821FF.jpeg

———

1996 original dark navy Padres/ retro classic/ 2006 era light navy grey under

A true blend of eras here.
Logo size is too small on the retro classic. It features the older SD logo, which never existed on the all white SD cap. The all white SD only became about when the team went with a lighter navy, and a different Sd.
The top button and white batterman is the same as the 2006 era

Grade: B-
5857656C-E2AC-4704-86C8-BC1D48D32B60.jpeg

———
1992-93 original Red Sox/retro classic/ 2005 era grey under
I’ll keep is short. The logo is too large and has too thick of a white border. It has very pointy edges on the right of the B. Sort of a hybrid of styles once again.
93s under is green, the retro classic is grey with a correct navy/red batterman

Grade: B-
6C76D35D-3C25-49E6-90C8-19B0122338AD.jpeg

———
1988 original mets/retro classic/ 2006 grey under
There’s a slight color change that happened with the royal blue. The 88 is lighter blue, while the newer era has been more royal for decades now. Logo sizing appears correct. The only omission here is the retro classic features a orange top button, which became a thing in 1997

Grade: B+

73055DC5-8F24-43FD-B010-E37A3E60742D.jpeg

———
I don’t own a maroon phillies on field so there’s no comparison available. Looking at older caps online, the design ended in 1990-1991, so they never had Maroon, let alone a maroon and baby blue batterman. Logo sizing and overall design looks spot on

Last edited:
wallyhopp wallyhopp love the comparisons/breakdowns. Thank you.

Can't believe how bad the logos are on the retro classics. Logo size all over the place. :smh:

wallyhopp wallyhopp love the comparisons/breakdowns. Thank you.

Can't believe how bad the logos are on the retro classics. Logo size all over the place. :smh:
Word is, they went flat logo (For flat logo sake) on everything. Many logos weren’t in any database, so they were recreated from scratch.
Big pet peeve. They could’ve just flattened the current logos but they made some mistakes that they haven’t made since, or before. Do they not have scanners or computers at new era? Do they not own any vintage caps? Did they not have visual aids? I like the Marlins retro classic with flat fin blades
15748236_fpx.tif

Compare it to the real deal and it’s laughable this one off logo even exists.

Bert. Bert. In a vacuum, they are made in USA, have grey unders, have no side flags, and fit and look decently. Easy $20 buys. They aren’t bad if you know nothing else about a teams cap Or hIstory. They were hyped and sold as a end all be all retro for diehard fans and collectors. In reality, they are slightly better than the flagged cooperstown collection with the bulky double border battermans.

Hatclub annoys me. You gotta pray to the heavens to be able to cop any hat manually then you get a hat and it takes them forever to ship. If I'm spending $50 on one hat it shouldn't take a week before you mail it out.
Yeah they usually been on point shipping but as of late my last orders been taking a minute too ship out .

Hatclub annoys me. You gotta pray to the heavens to be able to cop any hat manually then you get a hat and it takes them forever to ship. If I'm spending $50 on one hat it shouldn't take a week before you mail it out.
I just looked and I have hat club orders from the 5th, 7th and 9th. None of them shipped so far. If they try n put everything in the same box I need those other $7 shipping charges back.

Back
Top Bottom