Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Is it even possible anymore to find a more recent or remake of the teal with black brim marlins hat?

Yes I know the old NE on field from 1992 is on eBay for cheap. I bought one of those, easily the worst hat ever. Looking for something of a more modern fit

They got a couple Cooperstown joints on Lids if you wanna partake in some deflagging.

I prob should have looked on there. I was looking on eBay to see if anything popped up and it was dead minus the super old OG joints

^^
What don't/didn't you like about the OG one?
I've always seen them floating around on the bay for dirt cheap and was tempted to pull he trigger.

^^
What don't/didn't you like about the OG one?
I've always seen them floating around on the bay for dirt cheap and was tempted to pull he trigger.

brim can't even be bent. its the OG old *** weird box fit. crown is obnoxiously high as well

really diff compared to the fit of the 2000's and up

Last edited:
Anyone know how to remove the glued on patches? I got the Israel WBC hat and I want to remove the flag patch. I think it's glued on since I don't see any stitching.

couldn't pass this up on eBay this past week. Basically 4 on fields for $37 shipped to my door

You basically take the chance with a few photos and hope for the best when the price is right.

I've dealt with this seller before and received some made in China stock so I had my doubts.

They show up today. All made in USA. 100% poly. Both twins are 2012 post cool base era before they dropped the style in 2013. So latest on field additions for sure. The Indians is the lighter navy 2007-2008 white/blue first year poly size label but before cool base.

The tigers road appears to be a regular 2012-2015 poly edition.
No complaints. I think I'm up to 12 twins 'M' hats as we speak. The well is running dry online and I will never pay retail. I'm set for the next decade for sure.

Last edited:
I need some new tigers on fields, might have to go in and cop the ones with the flag. maybe they fit better but kinda don't wanna pay that retail price :x

Just got a nationals 2006 DC wool hat off eBay with the eBay title as ' new era men's hat size 8' for $11 shipped. There is literally no reason to pay retail. Hunt, search, and hunt some more. I also just got a hat stretcher off of amazon. It's about to get real if I can stretch 7 1/2s into 7/8s. No size will be off limits for these crazy deals.

Last edited:
Yea I've got one of those wooden hat stretchers but doesnt work well with poly. it will stretch it but its shrinks back down to regular size. Also leaves the marks of the stretcher around the hat if you adjust it too hard

^Good info. It's mainly some 7 3/4 wool on fields that fit like 1/2s that need some help. From streaming to wetting to using your knee, I need some secondary aid to get another 1/2 inch strEtch on some of these. I had a gift card so I didn't pay but more than $3 out of pocket for a solid reviewed wood hat stretcher.

It's frustrating. I have a few size 8 wools and they fit almost too big. They never seem to shrink down. Yet 3/4s shrink too easily. I don't get wool on fields at all. The rare 7 7/8 is perfection.

Last edited:
wools are so hard to find now in a 7 3/8 now

you're luck being a big size like that :lol:
I feel exactly the opposite. I see so much greatness just sitting for $15-$25 in the 7 3/8-1/2 range. For 8s, they are either extremely cheap, or they try to pawn things off for full retail. There is really no in between. There's like 4 hats that I want right now that I could get if I was a 3/8. There is less in between with the middle sizes but definitely more variety.

Forgot to mention, both of those Twins hats were sold as "Milwaukee Brewers". So one really does need to expand their search parameters for deals

wools are so hard to find now in a 7 3/8 now

you're luck being a big size like that :lol:
I feel exactly the opposite. I see so much greatness just sitting for $15-$25 in the 7 3/8-1/2 range. For 8s, they are either extremely cheap, or they try to pawn things off for full retail. There is really no in between. There's like 4 hats that I want right now that I could get if I was a 3/8. There is less in between with the middle sizes but definitely more variety.

Forgot to mention, both of those Twins hats were sold as "Milwaukee Brewers". So one really does need to expand their search parameters for deals

maybe I'm not using the right terms to search

I had it saved on my old MacBook where I had it book marked and just clicked it everyday and saw all the new listings

Here's my 'new era men's hat size 8' eBay find aka Washington Nationals first year 2006 D.C. Alternate grey under 100% wool, made in the usa on field hat. In 2007, they went to poly and by 2009, it was retired. A first year one and done for less than lunch, not bad.

Better in person. Fits like a glove. Sold as used. But i dirty hats in one wearing more than this one. No big deal. Ive said it before and say it again, I almost cant go back to poly after wearing these nearly new hats that are so darn comfortable. It takes me months to break in a poly, even more for a chinese poly. It gets there but right off the bat, this hat maybe worn no more than 10 times is already better than hats I have that have 25+ wears

zyzz, depending on what I am looking for, I tend to usually have searches such as "Cleveland indians hat". From there, you can use the ebay filter system to select any size you want. The system can be wonky though. If you did something like, New era on field, you may not be able to sort by size. So you could also include the size in your searches such as "Cleveland Indians hat 8". Many people dont include New era or wool in the title. Some don't even call a hat,but a cap. So there are many angles to play with what you are looking for

Last edited:
Thanks

MUSA Grey unders all within my size range finally coming around.. There are some teams I will never touch (yankees, dodgers, giants) for personal reasons lol. But if a deal is to be had, I am on it. I just enjoy the sport as a whole.

It's crazy. No matter where I am, I tend to find someone a fan of a team I may be wearing and they want to talk about the team, or the city, or why I'm a fan of the team. Why can't I wear a fashion cap for the hell of it, if I feel like wearing it for the day. It's getting tiresome.. Anyone else experience that? I mean literally, no matter where I am. I was in frickin Vermont last year and had my TBTC brewers cap on. This lady at the brewery/rest. asked if I was from WI. I do have family there but not really the reason why I wear the hat.

And its not just MLB. I have some college fitteds that I enjoy wearing and out of the blue as I visit my Aunts house, this telephone utililty guy saw my South Carolina Gamecocks hat, got excited, and was wondering why I was wearing it.

I mean damn. sometimes i feel like I just want to say,
" I like the design. I like the colors". Maybe its time I stick to one truly local team and be done it with lol

I guess for obscure stuff, I may be the same way if I am 100s of miles away and see something familiar. But far often than not, people just wear stuff to wear stuff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom