Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

A regular 59fifty retails at 36... What's an extra 2 or 4 dollars?

Because they've raised their All Star hats every other year or two. My 08 and 09 AS hats were $34. Now $40, it's foolish. In 2015 it will be $42 or $43. I buy plenty of hats but New Era is getting out of hand. Prices are too high, crowns are too high, sizing is always off and patches fall off. I've learned over the last few season that almost every hat goes on sale online. Just buy it and swap it out at the store for the correct size.

this, for on-field fitteds at least. ive learned to just wait til next seasons version comes out and wait for a code or sale on mlb.com. you're almost guaranteed 2 fitteds for 50 or less.

just got these for 41 shipped after the last sale. the brewers fits perfectly, crown and all. the tigers however could fit the brain w/ its bulbous crown. but i love that flat embroidery tho. both usa made.

Last edited:
yup, higher weird crown.

patches are trash, very cheap and fall off half the time. while yes they are releasing all these cool editions, throwbacks the players wear, etc, etc the quality has gone down. not sure if its because of the polyester material or they are just doing it for fun.

i remember when the hats were almost perfect in terms of look and especially fit.

these new hats the last few years are trash, im especially talking about the USA made too. people hate on the china made but the USA are just as bad or worse.

the WS 2012 patch was dope, my only complaint is of course they're all glued on and will prolly fall off in a few years

i'm waiting for the big New Era sale...the 25% isnt cuttin it for me right now

the WS 2012 patch was dope, my only complaint is of course they're all glued on and will prolly fall off in a few years

Agreed. Those were actually good quality patches unlike the most recent previous years where they were those nasty felt ones that really did peel off right away. The ones they started using for the 2012 WS were legit.

yup, higher weird crown.

patches are trash, very cheap and fall off half the time. while yes they are releasing all these cool editions, throwbacks the players wear, etc, etc the quality has gone down. not sure if its because of the polyester material or they are just doing it for fun.

i remember when the hats were almost perfect in terms of look and especially fit.

these new hats the last few years are trash, im especially talking about the USA made too. people hate on the china made but the USA are just as bad or worse.

the all star for this year are the same as the WS, they are the plastic material.

wait, whats that tigers hat?

on field?

Turn Back the Clock "1984" On-Field they wore last year

wow, link to where you got it.

i dont wanna buy any but i like that one a lot. sad thing is, i know if i order one it will not fit correctly :x :smh:

mlb shop says they're 79 tbtc. they're on sale for 27.97 and they got 20% off clearance till 5/20/2013

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13147510&cp=1452351.1452749.13015998

Last edited:

i dont wanna buy any but i like that one a lot. sad thing is, i know if i order one it will not fit correctly :x :smh:

You have the worst luck ever when it comes to finding fitteds :lol: :smh:

That's disturbing how you seemingly always be getting crappy fits on USA-made hats

Where are you located again? I come across some janky fitting USA-made hats every now and then but seems like it's 95% of the time for you :wow:

You have the worst luck ever when it comes to finding fitteds :lol: :smh:

That's disturbing how you seemingly always be getting crappy fits on USA-made hats

Where are you located again? I come across some janky fitting USA-made hats every now and then but seems like it's 95% of the time for you :wow:

all mine were ordered online, even instore it seems like they fit like crap

im in michigan but when the polyester first released the first 2-3 years i swear they were amazing and every single one i bought/ordered fit perfectly. now i cannot find a good fitting 7 3/8 for the life of me.

wait, whats that tigers hat?

on field?

Turn Back the Clock "1984" On-Field they wore last year

mlb shop says they're 79 tbtc. they're on sale for 27.97 and they got 20% off clearance till 5/20/2013

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13147510&cp=1452351.1452749.13015998

thanks for the link but no 7 3/8 :x

im in michigan but when the polyester first released the first 2-3 years i swear they were amazing and every single one i bought/ordered fit perfectly. now i cannot find a good fitting 7 3/8 for the life of me.

What sites you ordering from?

What sites you ordering from?

majority were from mlb.com

some from lids

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

in my experience mlb/milb shops have the most consistent sizing/fit for on-fields. anywhere else (lids, hatclub, etc) the sizing/fit is a guessing game and even more so for fashion/non-on-field hats (even direct from new era)

Last edited:

some from lids

in my experience mlb/milb shops have the most consistent sizing/fit for on-fields. anywhere else (lids, hatclub, etc) the sizing/fit is a guessing game and even more so for fashion/non-on-field hats (even direct from new era)

Interesting how these two statements contradict each other :lol:

it was last summer/fall when i got about 14 hats for free from MLB shop

like i said, 1 out of 14 actually fit.

and that one was a Marlons with a stupid patch which i took off and i cannot get the glue off so the hat is pointless. Sold the rest for pennies on the dollar.

some from lids

:lol: , i have a feeling zyzz is more particular about how his hats fit him. i will say that even w/ hats that are the same size from mlb/milb.com they may fit a lil differently (so they arent the source for perfect hats) but nothing so drastic that i cant deal w/.

w/ other sites however a 7/8 can fit like a 3/4 or 8 and a 8 can fit like a 7/8 so there is no rhyme or reason to the sizing sometimes :smh: . that's why i say mlb shops are more consistent.

Last edited:

some from lids

:lol: , i have a feeling zyzz is more particular about how his hats fit him. i will say that even w/ hats that are the same size from mlb/milb.com they may fit a lil differently (so they arent the source for perfect hats) but nothing so drastic that i cant deal w/.

w/ other sites however a 7/8 can fit like a 3/4 or 8 and a 8 can fit like a 7/8 so there is no rhyme or reason to the sizing sometimes :smh: . that's why i say mlb shops are more consistent.

well ive ordered a bunch of 7 3/8 which is my true size in wool and early polyester

with these new ones they are so loose on the sides and look huge on my head, not even joking.

sup my hats too big lookin dude. if its a little loose thats fine but where it makes the hat look huge on your head? nah

anyays if anyone can find another site with that 79 tbtc tigers, let me know id like to get one less than retail since MLB is out of 7 3/8

well ive ordered a bunch of 7 3/8 which is my true size in wool and early polyester

with these new ones they are so loose on the sides and look huge on my head, not even joking.

sup my hats too big lookin dude. if its a little loose thats fine but where it makes the hat look huge on your head? nah

anyays if anyone can find another site with that 79 tbtc tigers, let me know id like to get one less than retail since MLB is out of 7 3/8

only other place i could find online, weird. just a lil less than retail w/ free shipping tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Era-59F...US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item3a7b83d669

don't know if it'll help you any but the hat is listed as "2012 detroit tigers retro game cap" on my receipt.

Last edited:
grow your hair out a little bit, wear a du-rag or both.

one, im white :lol:

and i like my hair short and even if i grew my hair it would have to be pretty long for the hats to fit just right.

ive given up on new eras, maybe if i need one badly ill just go instore and find one but i hate paying retail :lol:

all my hats ive gotten almost 50% off if i paid for them.

this years All Star fitted... I forgot to take a pic of the back but it has 2 stars by the MLB logo...

they need to stop with the stars on the back, looks very stupid.

in game? sure but for fans and people who collect hats? NAHHH

Treated myself a little bit.

New commonwealth.

Harrisburg Senators All-Star 2010 hat. Its not even my size but i had to have it. I found out about it too late when i wanted to get it in my size, so this will have to do for now. Anyone sees or willing to part with their size 7, please message me.

Washington Wizards, John wall hat. If anyone sees this same exact hat but with a black brim in a 7, please also message me. The lids that i bought this one at also had the black brim version but unfortunately only had big sizes left.

Back
Top Bottom