Post Your Last.FM vol. 400

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

For you guys that don't sync with your computers/ipods what's the point?
Who does that? What you doing, listening to music on lastfm and lastfm radio?
laugh.gif
I see people all the time whose most listened to artist only have 100-200 plays.
laugh.gif

I can understand if you're still mostly listening to CD's but if not, do people just not sync their accounts or do they just not listen to music a lot.

lol @ my musical compatibility being "low" with most of the people who posted links to their last.fm profiles.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

http://www.last.fm/user/Johnny_Cakes

Wow, I was only able to find one person who I had 'super' status with (VIIHeaven)

Is that how it was for you guys too, or are you all listening to the same thing all at the same time?
laugh.gif

compatibility means nothing. if you have a lot of artist in your library especially from one genre, you're pretty much guaranteed to have "super" status with most people.

for an example that doesn't illustrate the above but does show how flawed the compatibility ratings are, me and you have "high" compatibility, but when I look at your overall most listened to artist, only two of them are even in my library.

Last.fm is what you make it. I use it find new music, others use it differently.

Give it a shot, it's free.

So just sign up and listen to music?

So what is the guy on the other page talking about syncing it with your iTunes?

Lastfm logs what u listen to in itunes

From wiki

Using a music recommender system called "Audioscrobbler", Last.fm builds a detailed profile of each user's musical taste by recording details of the songs the user listens to, either from Internet radio stations, or the user's computer or many portable music devices. This information is transferred to Last.fm's database ("scrobbled") either via the music player itself (Spotify, Amarok) or via a plugin installed into the user's music player. The profile data is then displayed on the user's profile page. The site offers numerous social networking features and can recommend and play artists similar to the user's favourites.

Users can create custom radio stations and playlists from any of the audio tracks in Last.fm's music library, and are able to listen to some individual tracks on demand, or download tracks if the rights holder has previously authorised it.

I remember a lot of the music forums signed up in 2007, but the whole "scrobbling" thing just confused me, and didn't seem interesting. It wasn't until after I found out about the radio stations (about a year after) that last.fm became useful for me.

Back
Top Bottom