Post Your Jailbroken Ipod/Iphone! Vol. Ask Questions Here Too.

Originally Posted by knnyngo

I need some serious help guys.
I have a 3GS running 3.0.1 with 04.26.08 FW. I want to upgrade to about 4.1 without losing 4.26 because I have T-Mobile and I don't want the Ipad BB.
Should I just forget about upgrading it and keeping it like this. I feel like I'm left out of playing the new games that run on 4.1+.

Just get ios5 untethered. Its only available for the 3gs. http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/06/...upport-for-iphone-3gs-with-older-bootrom.html

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

hey guys i got a free ipod touch 8gb im guessing second gen MC model running 4.2.1...i want to jailbreak i have a mac and im having a problem i used greenposion and it worked but cydia wouldnt open it would just half way open and close

any help?
nerd.gif

hey guys i got a free ipod touch 8gb im guessing second gen MC model running 4.2.1...i want to jailbreak i have a mac and im having a problem i used greenposion and it worked but cydia wouldnt open it would just half way open and close

any help?
nerd.gif

Check out the link below, hopefully it helps.

Link

guys i have a ipod 4g running on 4.3, do i need to upgrade it to 4.3.3 then jailbreak it with redsnow? 
nerd.gif
im new to this jailbreak thing.

Originally Posted by Pusha Tim

guys i have a ipod 4g running on 4.3, do i need to upgrade it to 4.3.3 then jailbreak it with redsnow? 
nerd.gif
im new to this jailbreak thing.

Thats up to you not much difference. One thing I will say is whenever you jb start fresh/restore. And do not restore from a previous version, if you do not start of fresh all of your previous jb files/app info etc will remain on your device as allocated space aka other, which will add up and take space away for files apps music etc.

This may seem like a redundant question but I have a co-worker who's seen my jailbroken iPhone 4 (AT&T/16GB/4.3.2) and he wants me to jailbreak his so he can have access to all of the glory that is Cydia - he has an iPhone 4 on AT&T running firmware 4.3.3, modem firmware 4.10.01

I found a Jailbreak tutorial here , and I've already got Redsn0w RC16 for Windows and a copy of the GSM 4.3.3 firmware. I shouldn't have any issues whatsoever with Jailbreaking his device? He just got the phone and I know the process has become relatively easy, I just don't want to jack up his brand new phone.

PM me or reply (quote) me with any info - thanks.

Spoiler [+]
For those of you wondering, "But your current device is already Jailbroken...you should already know how to do it." I actually bought my iPhone 4 already Jailbroken so I haven't done it myself, I just want to verify the process because it would be the first time I jailbreak someone else's iPhone 4. I HAVE Jailbroken my old 3GS via BlackRa1n in like 2008.

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_liqf2vmqLJ1qc0cxpo1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

This may seem like a redundant question but I have a co-worker who's seen my jailbroken iPhone 4 (AT&T/16GB/4.3.2) and he wants me to jailbreak his so he can have access to all of the glory that is Cydia - he has an iPhone 4 on AT&T running firmware 4.3.3, modem firmware 4.10.01

I found a Jailbreak tutorial here , and I've already got Redsn0w RC16 for Windows and a copy of the GSM 4.3.3 firmware. I shouldn't have any issues whatsoever with Jailbreaking his device? He just got the phone and I know the process has become relatively easy, I just don't want to jack up his brand new phone.

PM me or reply (quote) me with any info - thanks.

Spoiler [+]
For those of you wondering, "But your current device is already Jailbroken...you should already know how to do it." I actually bought my iPhone 4 already Jailbroken so I haven't done it myself, I just want to verify the process because it would be the first time I jailbreak someone else's iPhone 4. I HAVE Jailbroken my old 3GS via BlackRa1n in like 2008.

Spoiler [+]
tumblr_liqf2vmqLJ1qc0cxpo1_500.jpg

Yes just follow the instructions. It is easy just make sure you do the dfu steps correctly. Even if you dont the phone will just stay in stock mode. If he has apps make sure to get appsync 4+ sp that jb apps etc will stay and can be updated via itunes. Also if he has contacts sms/mms save them via itunes first before you jailbreak so he can maintain his call history/sms/mms/contacts.

Originally Posted by LDJ

do not restore from a previous version
What do you mean by this?

Has anyone smoothly jailbreaked their iphone 3gs to 4.2 ?
I would like to jailbreak my iphone 3gs old boot rom that's on 4.0 to a jailbroken and unlocked 4.2.
Who can help me out with this?
Are they any good guides to follow and essiential tips so I don't brick my iphone?
Thanks in advance!!!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

any help?
nerd.gif

Check out the link below, hopefully it helps.

Link

you need to turn the device completely off, and follow the same steps in green poison that you used to jailbreak the device, except this time "just boot tethered"

hey guys i bought a iphone 4 off someone they said they "found" it i highly doubt it though lol.....but the iphone 4 has a password on it whenever i put it in dfu mode to restore i always get a error is there any way to restore without itunes or any way to get past this problem?

So my sister just JBed her iphone 4 (white if that matters) with Jailbreakme 3.0

Put the PDF patch on and everything

We downloaded BiteSMS two times last night and both times after opening the app it bricked her phone.  Had to be restored from back up because it went into safe mode.

Anyone else have this issue and know how to resolve. 

so my iphone no longer connects to the internet, and it keeps saying could not activate celllular data network. i don't have any bars, etc. etc.

it does this on and off and 3g hasn't been available for the past few days. i've been on edge for some reason. my cell phone is jailbroken and i'm on 4.3.3. $*! is the problem and solution?

Originally Posted by debs 168

so my iphone no longer connects to the internet, and it keeps saying could not activate celllular data network. i don't have any bars, etc. etc.

it does this on and off and 3g hasn't been available for the past few days. i've been on edge for some reason. my cell phone is jailbroken and i'm on 4.3.3. $*! is the problem and solution?
Sounds rough not too sure.  Do you have the 3g unrestricted tweak.  Maybe that  could be it? or try it?

I would pop my SIM out if i were you and put it back in.  Other then the obvious reset phone, or restore phone and re-jailbreak i don't know what else it could be. 

i used Cydia to download LS Nimbus HD to get my lockscreen the way i wanted but i cant figure out how to change the location for the weather using ifile. Can anyone help out?

Originally Posted by bb4 86

i used Cydia to download LS Nimbus HD to get my lockscreen the way i wanted but i cant figure out how to change the location for the weather using ifile. Can anyone help out?

You have to go into the CSS file. If you know how to modify CSS files it should be easy but if not you may get a little confused.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by debs 168

Sounds rough not too sure.  Do you have the 3g unrestricted tweak.  Maybe that  could be it? or try it?

I would pop my SIM out if i were you and put it back in.  Other then the obvious reset phone, or restore phone and re-jailbreak i don't know what else it could be. 
i dunno...i tried reset all network settings...it worked for a few but now its back to the same no service bull.
i really don't want to rejailbreak but i guess i'll have to...

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

You have to go into the CSS file. If you know how to modify CSS files it should be easy but if not you may get a little confused.
can i find how to do this fairly easily on YouTube maybe or is it more complicated than that?

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

can i find how to do this fairly easily on YouTube maybe or is it more complicated than that?
if thats the one i think it is search for "var locale" in ifile and change it to your zip code

So I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 still currently running 4.1 (been too lazy keep rejailbreaking it). 
I'm trying to update to iOS 5 and from my understanding, i have to restore to factory settings. Every time I try to restore using iTunes, it's giving me the message "The iPhone ____ could not be restored. this device isn't eligable for the requested build". What do?

Did i dun goofed?

i'm looking for an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3GS on craigslist.
some have version 4.1, another 4.2 , and another one 4.5
they range from $200 - $290 (are these reasonable prices?)

which version should i look out for and which one is the best version and why?

my boy might be still selling his 3gs but im not sure what OS its on and i think he only wants $150 PM me if interested and i will ask

Back
Top Bottom