POST YOUR DESKTOP VOL. 2011

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

^ do you need the icons in .icns format?

Serve, I'm not sure if I need to save it in the .icns as all I did was right click and clicked on save image to desktop. Is it more then that?
These are the steps I'm following below:

After downloading or copying the custom icon file(s) to your computer follow these steps:
  • 1. Select the desired icon in the Finder.
    2. Choose Get Info from the File menu.
    3. Click the icon that appears in the Info window.
    4. Choose Copy from the Edit menu. 
    Note: Leave the Info window open.
    5. In the Finder, select the application, folder, or document whose icon you want to change. Note that the Info window immediately updates to display the newly selected item.
    6. Click the icon that appears in the Info window.
    7. Choose Paste from the Edit menu. 
    8. Close the Info window
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I'm getting some what lost on step #3 already. haha. Anyone with any help would be greatly appreciated. [/font]

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

^ do you need the icons in .icns format?

Serve, I'm not sure if I need to save it in the .icns as all I did was right click and clicked on save image to desktop. Is it more then that?
These are the steps I'm following below:

After downloading or copying the custom icon file(s) to your computer follow these steps:
  • 1. Select the desired icon in the Finder.
    2. Choose Get Info from the File menu.
    3. Click the icon that appears in the Info window.
    4. Choose Copy from the Edit menu. 
    Note: Leave the Info window open.
    5. In the Finder, select the application, folder, or document whose icon you want to change. Note that the Info window immediately updates to display the newly selected item.
    6. Click the icon that appears in the Info window.
    7. Choose Paste from the Edit menu. 
    8. Close the Info window
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]I'm getting some what lost on step #3 already. haha. Anyone with any help would be greatly appreciated. [/font]

I can only change the pics in the folders on my desktop now. I'm trying to figure out how to change the icons on the bottom part of my MAC the platform part. Ideas on how to do that?

HELP PLZ!

I can only change the pics in the folders on my desktop now. I'm trying to figure out how to change the icons on the bottom part of my MAC the platform part. Ideas on how to do that?

HELP PLZ!

^ooohhhh. will post a fix in a sec.

** Start Page profile edits for Macs
Spoiler [+]
If you have a text editor on your Mac similar to Notepad for Windows
you can follow the steps included with the file to edit profile info.  If not,
1280x800
http://tinypaste.com/b34f49
1920x1080
http://tinypaste.com/044960

^
1.  Choose the link for the resolution you want to use, it will open a window with the text code.
PbXuG.png
 (bottom-left)

3.  Twitter

⌘-F, to open find, search for the word tweet and replace it with your twitter name

Facebook

⌘-F, search for the word stalk, replace with your facebook name

NT Profile

⌘-F, search for the word servechilled81, replace with your NT user name, 

do this for each appearance of the word servechilled81

5oPvg.png

douBg.jpg

fiR6L.png
  save the file as index.html

7.  Replace the index.html file in the folder of your resolution

with the one you just created.

^ooohhhh. will post a fix in a sec.

** Start Page profile edits for Macs
Spoiler [+]
If you have a text editor on your Mac similar to Notepad for Windows
you can follow the steps included with the file to edit profile info.  If not,
1280x800
http://tinypaste.com/b34f49
1920x1080
http://tinypaste.com/044960

^
1.  Choose the link for the resolution you want to use, it will open a window with the text code.
PbXuG.png
 (bottom-left)

3.  Twitter

⌘-F, to open find, search for the word tweet and replace it with your twitter name

Facebook

⌘-F, search for the word stalk, replace with your facebook name

NT Profile

⌘-F, search for the word servechilled81, replace with your NT user name, 

do this for each appearance of the word servechilled81

5oPvg.png

douBg.jpg

fiR6L.png
  save the file as index.html

7.  Replace the index.html file in the folder of your resolution

with the one you just created.

I didn't know that I needed a program to change the dock images. If candybar is all I need I should be good from there. All this stress and I wasn't even paying attention.

Anyone know of a good site/sites to find icons and stuff? Like the red/blue/etc sneakerbox, LV trash can, etc

I didn't know that I needed a program to change the dock images. If candybar is all I need I should be good from there. All this stress and I wasn't even paying attention.

Anyone know of a good site/sites to find icons and stuff? Like the red/blue/etc sneakerbox, LV trash can, etc

Ok so I got the candybar deal down up until I load up my icons and for some reason they show up extra small. Like half the normal sze it should be.

Ok so I got the candybar deal down up until I load up my icons and for some reason they show up extra small. Like half the normal sze it should be.

Back
Top Bottom