\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Have you seen Zanvoort Blue in person? Not good. Several of my BMW friends love the car but HATE that color. It's the wrong shade of blue for the car. The red is great.
I have, there's one around here I've seen a few times now...the blue really grabs your eyes, especially on black wheels.

I love it, its more of a subtle chalk/muted hue opposed to BMW's Marina blue...not as loud/vibrant.

To each their own of course

Lotus Emeya EV. Looks amazing! :pimp:
IMG_3800.jpeg

Funny enough…Made in Wuhan, China.

Nice! Idk if you go to Firestone in Westbury for alignment but I have the lifetime alignment deal with them for both my cars & it's only $190 bucks if I remember correctly. You can do an alignment everyday if you want with that deal, lol.

Most places charge between $100-$180 for 1 single alignment so figured I'd let you know because it's a helluva deal.
Thanks for sharing, going to check it out. I have a Firestone nearby, heard a rumor of the deal and wasn't sure if it's still around. Paid $75 for front alignment today

An underrated gem indeed and so damn reliable. 207k miles, still smooth, nothing rattles, Lexus interior still mint after almost 20 years and indeed the V8 is refined.
PXL_20230906_214729617.jpg

PXL_20230906_214135633.jpg

PXL_20230906_225352262.jpg

View attachment 3169081
Reminds I used to love the SC models before this one and looked them, selling for absurd numbers. Selling for way more than they were going for 20 years ago.

i think lotus can really shake things up in the electric car world
i feel like they've always had cars which handle great but have a not spicy motor
now with the electric motors making power so easy it'll be interesting
personally not interested tho, once you hear a v12, flat 6, v10 or even a v8 behind ur head electric don't make u hard
If the Lotus Type 135 actually comes out looking clean as this it might make folks a convert
lotus-type-135-6452ee217d260.jpg

Have any of you ever restored a classic car?

Personally, no. Been around those who've done it and it's NOT for the faint of heart! Be prepared for anything and everything to come up and have one of two things...a budget with a will to stop when it gets pricey OR an open checkbook.

What are you thinking of restoring? Old cars while cool, are just not worth the hassle UNLESS you have access to a full lift, full set of tools and can do a majority of the work yourself. My wife had a 1969 Camaro for 12 years (she bought it about a year and half into when we started dating summer 2010). The prior owner, owned it since '80 and once his wife stopped driving it, he did a boatload of work to it, which was a repaint in the OG color, removed the vinyl roof, removed the 350, had it professionally rebuilt, then stored it for a 406 stroker. Added a 12-bolt rear, sidewinder auto shifter, centerline solid aluminum wheels, bigger carb.

Nice car but it always needed tinkering. She bought it after he passed away from cancer and his wife sold it. The car was his project while he was sick. He kept every freaking paper receipt he ever spent. Records were crazy. But with that, not the best to drive. No A/C, no P/B, had P/S but drums all around. And it's an old car so it leaks a little hear and there. In the end, trying to sell a modified antique muscle car that someone else modified is HARD! EVERYONE had their opinions that something isn't right so it makes it $x,xxx cheaper. People suck like this! In the end, she was able to actually trade it in for the Lotus at the consignment place who had the Evora GT.

They don't usually deal with older cars, but the records, the condition, the extra motor, and it's eyeball appeal, they took it, gave her a number that was very fair, lowered the Lotus some, and for PA it saved thousands on tax (so add that all together and it was equal with what she was looking for if she sold it privately) and it was gone with NO MORE annoying buyers. We learned that restored cars back to stock sell MUCH easier than modified as those mods will only apply to a small % of buyers.

In the end, if you have the time, the skill, the space (especially) and a lift (EXTREMELY helpful) and tools, and can do a majority of it yourself to save on labor rates, go for it. You'll have fun. But it can get out of control quick. 👍

Pic of the Camaro from a small car show back in 2013 sometime. Has a great stance with wider rubber on the back.
IMG_20130908_102714.jpg

Last edited:
was this sold at an auction? how can a car be underwater for 20 years

i love nsx’s…but $8500 sounds like too much…what on that car can still be salvaged? even the frame has to be rusty to the point of no repair

8500 is an absolute bargain for that.

But restoring it is such a dumb idea.

You can charge people to come and look at it in a museum. People would pay to see this thing at the Petersen.

No one needs another YouTube rebuild of something that has no business being rebuilt. A low mile NSX would obviously come cheaper, and now we’re losing something truly interesting.

A youtuber will get all the money back tho. Thats the only way restoring that car would make sense. That or its really and truly a passion project. Do we know if it was Tavarish?

Earlier in the thread I posted a 80k 400z that I felt was the most outrageous asking price of any car I had seen

I feel like this tops it…
7E1636F1-5B5F-4D74-9EF6-C400C162B232.png

This is bad but I've seen worse. Some Ford dealers offering their Raptor R for anywhere in the $165k-$180k range! Now that's downright stupid.

This is bad but I've seen worse. Some Ford dealers offering their Raptor R for anywhere in the $165k-$180k range! Now that's downright stupid.
Raptor R is pretty close to a limited edition so it makes since , same with the R8 GT. This C63 and the 400z are mass produced

Earlier in the thread I posted a 80k 400z that I felt was the most outrageous asking price of any car I had seen

I feel like this tops it…
7E1636F1-5B5F-4D74-9EF6-C400C162B232.png
These prices are wild but Dodge dealerships can top them. With end of production(Nov.30) rapidly approaching for the Challenger/Charger dodge dealerships nationwide are trying to milk those cars for the final time.

Seen Scat Packs listed for 80-$95,000 :lol: :rofl: :lol: Hellcats upward of $120grand, Demons just fuggedaboutit. Oh & TRX trucks for 110+...what a damn joke! Who pays these idiotic prices for modern Mopars? Lol...guess a sucker is born every minute.

Back
Top Bottom