\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I am starting to show slight discoloration on my white seats. Just north of 3k miles on the ODO.

A little concerning but I’m back to wearing shorts mainly for summer, tried using Lexol but didn’t do much. Anyone have a good recommendation for cleaning seats? Doesn’t bug me much but I’m sure that with 3k miles, it can get worse.

On my BMW I was never able to get the dye transfer out of my white seats, but then again it was a lease and I never cared to as much.

90672844-E537-4FD2-8C6C-549C35713707.jpeg
How is parallel parking with that wheel?

Absolutely! Beautiful car when it release many years ago. Especially with the legendary chronograph style gauge cluster.
2003-lexus-is300-i075.jpg
3735152039_618292365a_b.jpg

I thought this was so freaking cool back when it released and it was, and as a car guy AND a watch guy (Chronographs from Micro brands are a weakness for me) it still is freaking cool. Plus these also came in a manual. 👍

My first car! Got her in 2009 right after my HS graduation. Kept her for about 9 years and she was great mechanically. End up selling in 2018 after I lost control on a ramp and hit the guard rail which caused some damage to the front end, nothing major.

After that I decided it was time to part ways and start my search for a manual 335is. In the 9 years that I owned it, I put less than 40k the odometer as well.

482081BA-4C42-4B74-8010-0F182A65C0DC.jpeg
B1D0A64F-17F8-403F-95E9-09B949AC2262.jpeg
76643966-8143-4654-995A-F00F79FEF687.jpeg
2A42D071-1A9C-4797-B0DF-F6A39356E662.jpeg

I automatically assume they mean they are getting as common as them. Thats it. And like design design said in the post above me, it probably isnt even true (obv in this case its not) but its more just an expression that Teslas are really becoming common, not ACTUALLY as common as Toyotas.
+1

I also interpreted the comparison between the 2 in regards to commonality and being all over the road.

Barbershop badge talk essentially, cuz you know common cars aren’t cool at all 🤣

+1

I also interpreted the comparison between the 2 in regards to commonality and being all over the road.

Barbershop badge talk essentially, cuz you know common cars aren’t cool at all 🤣

Im sayin. No ones seeing that and thinking “aww hell nah the Model 3 is so much nicer than a Corolla, faster better tech oh and id def get a Model X over a Highlander.” :lol:

The first week I had it, I struggled with 3 point turns.

Now I can drive it just as normally as any other car. In fact I really prefer the added visibility I have now. Crazy just being able to see right out the windshield without obstruction.

My default hand placement is maybe 10-11 oclock on the wheel. Seems like the yoke you can only go to 9 (maybe 10?). Dunno if youre similar but hows hand placement for you?

Still think the yoke is one of those “being different just for the sake of it” and more so are the turn signal buttons/wiper button/horn.

I get it you can get used to it but its one of those things that really dont need to be experimented with. Ive never had an issue with visibility with a wheel. Maybe if said person is a chick or under 5’7, and if you are then you have bigger problems shorty.

My default hand placement is maybe 10-11 oclock on the wheel. Seems like the yoke you can only go to 9 (maybe 10?). Dunno if youre similar but hows hand placement for you?

Still think the yoke is one of those “being different just for the sake of it” and more so are the turn signal buttons/wiper button/horn.

I get it you can get used to it but its one of those things that really dont need to be experimented with. Ive never had an issue with visibility with a wheel. Maybe if said person is a chick or under 5’7, and if you are then you have bigger problems shorty.

I have similar hand placement on my porsche and Y, I adjusted to using the yoke and just rest my palms in the openings on the bottom. And when I punch it or am going 130-140mph I hold it the same way as an F1 steering wheel.

It's funny though, yoke steering wheels were frequent choice for aftermarket steering wheels. It's a bit more polarizing when it's an OEM part. Tesla for sure got what they wanted. Hate it or love it. I have had many opportunities to switch it out for a round steering wheel but decided against it.

And yeah you never felt you needed the visibility because that's just what's available to you. I like it now because I have access to both, and it's nice to have. I am 6ft but that has nothing to do with it.

Having the buttons on the steering wheel is an exotic car/F1 thing, and they opted to do that because the plaid is deserving of it. 217mph in a sedan is no joke.

But again, I see old asian grandmas driving them, and if they can, you can too.

I guess picasso swerve picasso swerve interpretation of the statement (and OP followups/um tone lol I might agree) = that it was more a 'barbershop ****talking statement’ more than anything (?)

We actually used to run these exercises in some large focus groups:

Let's say there is a really dominate product that is pretty much seen by everyone in their day to day activities.

Then a disruptor (i.e. challenger product) shows up and begins to sell/show up in markets/consumer everyday POV.

Even if it it is sold at 50% less in volume than the dominate product-the disruptor will all of a sudden be 'everywhere' from a consumer POV (and by disruptor, the product can be compatible, competitive, or have a huge media presence along with strong sales, but not really in the same category) and the mind will 'delete' the dominate product from their core memories (i.e. it becomes part of the landscape even though it still is in the 'top' statistical spot year to year via sales). Even more so by enthusiasts.

Such is the nature of casual observations.
Dude …get off the volume comparison. I never once stated they sell the same volume but that’s been your reply to my original statement several times now.

I even addressed in post 92205 and you continue to parrot your original reply.

Last edited:
I have similar hand placement on my porsche and Y, I adjusted to using the yoke and just rest my palms in the openings on the bottom. And when I punch it or am going 130-140mph I hold it the same way as an F1 steering wheel.

It's funny though, yoke steering wheels were frequent choice for aftermarket steering wheels. It's a bit more polarizing when it's an OEM part. Tesla for sure got what they wanted. Hate it or love it. I have had many opportunities to switch it out for a round steering wheel but decided against it.

And yeah you never felt you needed the visibility because that's just what's available to you. I like it now because I have access to both, and it's nice to have. I am 6ft but that has nothing to do with it.

Having the buttons on the steering wheel is an exotic car/F1 thing, and they opted to do that because the plaid is deserving of it. 217mph in a sedan is no joke.

But again, I see old asian grandmas driving them, and if they can, you can too.

Ive never seen yolk steering wheels used as an aftermarket part. Which cars is this?

Nah dawg, you can justify it any way you want but at the end of the day they just wanna be diff for the sake of being diff. No one else is doing it. Ferraris have the turn signal button thing but thats not a daily driver type car. Having buttons to replace all that is literally trying to re invent the wheel. If it aint broke dont fix it, especially on a daily.

Last edited:
i was on the 101 yesterday for about 20 miles following a beautiful rs6 avant and man it was so lovely

definitely considering it when i can get some other things outta the way
Nice but unpractical. I briefly considered it but before buying my last car but knew it wouldn’t meet my needs with 2 young kids and being 6’2”. Backseat room would not be sufficient. If I was single or even without kids it would have been a go. I actually owned a B8 A4 Avant and is still one of my favorite cars Ive owned.

Nice but unpractical. I briefly considered it but before buying my last car but knew it wouldn’t meet my needs with 2 young kids and being 6’2”. Backseat room would not be sufficient. If I was single or even without kids it would have been a go. I actually owned a B8 A4 Avant and is still one of my favorite cars Ive owned.

First dude I've heard say a huge wagon isn't practical :lol:

Yeah, what are you talking about? I have two young kids, am 6'4" and daily an M3 - it's not really an issue. RS6 would be much roomier.

Yeah, what are you talking about? I have two young kids, am 6'4" and daily an M3 - it's not really an issue. RS6 would be much roomier.
It would be an issue for me that other choices would be more practical. What year M3?

Ive never seen yolk steering wheels used as an aftermarket part. Which cars is this?

Nah dawg, you can justify it any way you want but at the end of the day they just wanna be diff for the sake of being diff. No one else is doing it. Ferraris have the turn signal button thing but thats not a daily driver type car. Having buttons to replace all that is literally trying to re invent the wheel. If it aint broke dont fix it, especially on a daily.

I agreed it’s being different for the sake of being different. But also just reminding people that yoke steering wheels have been around in F1 cars forever.

But hey don’t take my word for it, not like I own cars with both. :lol:

Dude …get off the volume comparison. I never once stated they sell the same volume but that’s been your reply to my original statement several times now.

The irony here is that you lack the self awareness to see the conversation has moved on from what you’ve posted. Bye now.

No one talking to you b. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom