\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The c-8 isn’t a “bad” looking car, it’s got some flattering angles, got some funky ones too….

It’s moreso the fact that the quintessential AMERICAN sports car is now an italian mash up….

The fact that it’s 60k makes it look ALOT better though :lol:

Only thing, you won't find a $60K car anywhere. I don't think a dealer ever ordered a base no-option car ever.

thats crazy. i cant really imagine buying a sports car without a manual transmission

Never understood peoples' blind obsession with manual transmissions.

Some cars/chassis are simply better suited to dual-clutch gearboxes. The inverse is also true.

Lightweight/mid-engine cars? Absolutely I want a manual (GT4RS notwithstanding).

But for cars with big power, a manual gearbox is simply detrimental to the driving experience.

Never understood peoples' blind obsession with manual transmissions.

Some cars/chassis are simply better suited to dual-clutch gearboxes. The inverse is also true.

Lightweight/mid-engine cars? Absolutely I want a manual (GT4RS notwithstanding).

But for cars with big power, a manual gearbox is simply detrimental to the driving experience.
its not a blind obsession, although it may be age or an era you grew up in…

but regardless of power, i believe you are definately more connected to a car with a manual transmission and more involved in the driving process…most sportscars have more horsepower than people really use or can handle…even at a track.

ive owned foxbody mustangs and a bunch of different japanese sports cars and ive driven a few aircooled 911s. for those cars i have never thought this would be better suited with paddle shifters.

personally ive never enjoyed the paddle shifters or even large ipad/touch screens in the dash…i kinda want a minimal experience when im driving. i hardly ever listen to music while i drive so it may just be me

Y’all trippin. Manuals on the highways and canyons >>>>
Automakers are at a point now though where 500hp+ is too much car for manuals. Imagine trying to drive a manual c8 fast :lol: would demand too much from the driver vs auto so I can see it from that angle. The c8 isn’t ugly imo but it’s not the best looking either I can’t hate a rwd mid engine v8 :pimp:

Edit- just checked it’s 500hp c8 should’ve came in a manual thought it was 600 :lol:

Last edited:
na1 and na2 nsx looked really similar to ferraris. i think it used to even be called “the poor mans ferrari”

its been around 30 years and the nsx has aged really well ans is still really sought after/valuable even though it borrowed alot of styling cues…

i feel like the c8 is in a similar situation

Dang, no love for the MKIV Supra? People forget how far ahead of time this car was. Let alone its tremendous and robust tuning potential.

It's a cool car, but I'm a Z guy. My favorite will always be a Z32 TT bone stock.

01 (1).jpg

This right here is just 🤤🤤🤤 Love these so much.

My #1 dream car in my #1 dream color! 😭😭😭

Yeah, my buddy send me a photo about it Sunday and then Road & Track posted the story. Dude needs to be smacked in the head for what he did. And an umbrella policy may not be helpful here.

And I gotta ask, how does one have a suspended license due to a "clerical error" anyhow? He obviously did SOMETHING to lead to his license being suspended in the first place. Total tool!!

its not a blind obsession, although it may be age or an era you grew up in…

but regardless of power, i believe you are definately more connected to a car with a manual transmission and more involved in the driving process…most sportscars have more horsepower than people really use or can handle…even at a track.

ive owned foxbody mustangs and a bunch of different japanese sports cars and ive driven a few aircooled 911s. for those cars i have never thought this would be better suited with paddle shifters.

personally ive never enjoyed the paddle shifters or even large ipad/touch screens in the dash…i kinda want a minimal experience when im driving. i hardly ever listen to music while i drive so it may just be me

100% spot on!! 👍👍👏👏👏

Rowing through gears on a curvy backroad, with a perfect rev-matched downshift is just driving bliss! My car may not have the most power (it's only 350hp) but being a manual, and having plenty of low-end torque, really makes driving those types of roads so much fun (and hearing the exhaust when I downshift makes me smile).

Some cars you just can't get manual, and that's fine. It is what it is. But if a manual is available in a car, and it's not an exorbitantly costly option (see gated LP Gallardos and gates 430 Ferraris) you get one. Gated 360 Ferraris are still reasonable. I would NOT even consider a auto Evora GT. Not a chance in hell. It's all about being connected to the car with the manual. It's a dying option sadly but some manufacturers will keep it till they can't anymore.

new supra is not ugly :lol:

def looks better than the c8

c8 is very generic looking stock at least

Went to get bubbletea after drifting in my Accord and up the road outside of a pub was a red C8. Its not my first time seeing one of these in the wild but this time for some reason in person…

Its just as ******* ugly as I thought it was the first time around.

Went to get bubbletea after drifting in my Accord and up the road outside of a pub was a red C8. Its not my first time seeing one of these in the wild but this time for some reason in person…

Its just as ****ing ugly as I thought it was the first time around.
yeah c8 never really got me interested looks wise

but im also have weird taste so idk

new supra is not ugly :lol:

def looks better than the c8

c8 is very generic looking stock at least

I can't believe some of you guys. Unbelievable. I'll bet you that you will get more, and I mean way more compliments on a C8 than that new Supra.

I'm not biased either, the old Supra looks great, but that new Supra, no, no, no 😂

That new Supra is a buttaface.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom