\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Seriously lol. Same way one mods their cars you can mod your plates too- all in the name of customization, freedom of expression & to be unique and different. I have custom plates on both my cars & will on my next one too, see no harm in it 🤷‍♂️

On another note, thats a bumass cop for giving you a ticket for your plates while you just sitting and chillin. :lol:

Good on him. He's doing what he likes & the work is paying off clearly. What does his & your wives Lambos go for now? 150k & up?

His is a Pre-LP (which means 2004-2008). Think his is a 2004 with an LP Superlegerra front bumper and aftermarket wheels. Can't remember his mileage but I believe he's get close to $100K. My wife's is an LP. This is the 2009-2014 models. They made lots of improvements including clutch life for the e-gear and they use the 5.2 V10. Redesigned front & back bumpers, lights, engine bay, etc. Hers had more options with the bicolor interior (black/yellow seats, dash and door panels). Her mileage is still under 10k so she would be very close to the number you threw out there. The will keep going up in time. It's so much fun to be in. đź‘Ť

Thinking about heading to my local Ford dealership tomorrow, they have a Maverick Lariat that looks perfect. Anyone have experience with using the Ford x-plan? Curious the chance they'd offer with the car shortage happening.

What do you need to know bud. I sold Fords for 23 years and know all there is to know about plan sales. Honestly, with the fact the Maverick is so new and supply is barely out (as in some dealers only got one truck as the hybrid isn't out yet, only the 2.0 EB) they may not accept it right now. All depends on the dealer. I know some will but I also know some won't and will hold at list right now.

I'm gonna order a hybrid in a few months from my old store. Dealer principal said I can use X-Plan on it and it should take 3-4 months or so. I already drove one and it's a really nice truck. Perfect for my replacement for my Fusion Energi hybrid. Ford has a winner with this. đź‘Ť Feel free to send me any questions bud. I'm glad to help.

On another note, thats a bumass cop for giving you a ticket for your plates while you just sitting and chillin. :lol:
So when that happened my sister-in-law saw it happening from her window & called me to tell me lol. She was all panicky like "they're going to tow your Challenger for your fake plate, go stop them" I was like calm down, no one is towing a car for a plate unless I have an APB out on my name :rofl: I went downstairs & smoothly got into my car & was planning on driving off but I figured they'd already scanned the window registration sticker & were probably in their patrol car printing out my tickets- turns out I was right. The officer came out, she was nice & told me to swap it back to the old one & get it dismissed but no break on the no front plate ticket. I was watching the rear dashcam & listening to the audio later that night & the looks on both officers faces was priceless. The younger cop was asking the lady cop(she was early 50s I'd guess) these ain't real! NY never had a plate like that right? And she explained to em they did when you weren't even born yet. And she said I ain't seen one of these since early 2000s. I'm stupid though, I only parked it on the street that day because it was hot as hell & I didn't want to walk all the way to the garage to bring it back out front of my apt to wash so I just left it parked there & man, these traffic cops show up whenever they randomly want to lol. Lesson learned, next time, leave it in the garage till I'm ready to wash it :lol: still not taking the plate off tho

What do you need to know bud. I sold Fords for 23 years and know all there is to know about plan sales. Honestly, with the fact the Maverick is so new and supply is barely out (as in some dealers only got one truck as the hybrid isn't out yet, only the 2.0 EB) they may not accept it right now. All depends on the dealer. I know some will but I also know some won't and will hold at list right now.

I'm gonna order a hybrid in a few months from my old store. Dealer principal said I can use X-Plan on it and it should take 3-4 months or so. I already drove one and it's a really nice truck. Perfect for my replacement for my Fusion Energi hybrid. Ford has a winner with this. đź‘Ť Feel free to send me any questions bud. I'm glad to help.
Awesome, thank you for offering. I'm thinking of trading in my Ranger, but I'd need to see what they offer me as a trade in, and if they'll accept X-Plan. I'll at least make a phone call in the AM. My dealer has a Lariat with the luxury package and AWD, could be absolutely perfect for me.

Goddamn, must be nice lol. Have you owned yours for many many years & are you going to pass it down to your kids? I read a lot of these plates become family heirlooms like jewelry & valuable stones which is very kool. Agreed they look better than the standard DE plates. Man I wish NY state did something like this. I'd love a porcelain license plate- have never seen one in real life. It's like a quickstrike kinda deal with it coming around twice a year for a lmtd run. It would suck if someone dropped their porcelain plates lol.
I got mine through the DMV a few years ago. My family didnt pass down **** had to get it out the mud lmao

I’ll see how these 5-digit plates appreciate over time. They will always lag behind 4 digits and under in value due to simple supply and demand. The 5-digits are pretty common

Last edited:
His is a Pre-LP (which means 2004-2008). Think his is a 2004 with an LP Superlegerra front bumper and aftermarket wheels. Can't remember his mileage but I believe he's get close to $100K. My wife's is an LP. This is the 2009-2014 models. They made lots of improvements including clutch life for the e-gear and they use the 5.2 V10. Redesigned front & back bumpers, lights, engine bay, etc. Hers had more options with the bicolor interior (black/yellow seats, dash and door panels). Her mileage is still under 10k so she would be very close to the number you threw out there. The will keep going up in time. It's so much fun to be in. đź‘Ť
They're both beautiful cars man. Under 10K mileage wow, she's the 2nd owner? Helluva investment. I can imagine how much fun, they're super low & anchored to the ground.

C6A57245-045A-4FDF-A4A3-7549BF11A2EE.jpeg

A75FDCD6-ADEA-4865-90BA-BA35A58008ED.jpeg

FE86902D-05EE-452F-8476-CD227752BA24.jpeg

New gen Range Rover “redesign”. I thought the IS was a lazy new gen redesign but damn.

Awesome, thank you for offering. I'm thinking of trading in my Ranger, but I'd need to see what they offer me as a trade in, and if they'll accept X-Plan. I'll at least make a phone call in the AM. My dealer has a Lariat with the luxury package and AWD, could be absolutely perfect for me.

If you liked your Ranger (and I'm guessing it's the older smaller Ranger for years ago) then your gonna be in heaven with this. Just be aware that X-Plan is basically invoice and there isn't much markup in these. The Hybrid XLT lux pkg & hard rolling tonneau I priced out had an MSRP of $27,545 and X-Plan was $27,099.11. The margin (between the prices) will be a little more for the Lariat as it costs more but it's not some dramatic several thousand dollars off. Good luck when you head over. đź‘Ť

They're both beautiful cars man. Under 10K mileage wow, she's the 2nd owner? Helluva investment. I can imagine how much fun, they're super low & anchored to the ground.

She's the 3rd owner with only 7,400 when it arrived. It's amazing. It may only be 560 hp (which in today's cars is still great but not mind blowing) but it's N/A, V10 and sounds amazing and being midengined weight distribution is perfect and it goes!! Total blast!

If you liked your Ranger (and I'm guessing it's the older smaller Ranger for years ago) then your gonna be in heaven with this. Just be aware that X-Plan is basically invoice and there isn't much markup in these. The Hybrid XLT lux pkg & hard rolling tonneau I priced out had an MSRP of $27,545 and X-Plan was $27,099.11. The margin (between the prices) will be a little more for the Lariat as it costs more but it's not some dramatic several thousand dollars off. Good luck when you head over. đź‘Ť
I actually have a 2019. It's an amazing truck, but I mostly commute and it's more capable than I actually need. The Maverick seems like it drives like a car but has the bed which I like way more than a trunk. Thanks you again for the good info I appreciate it, never want to go in blind.

Update: they sold all 3 Mavericks they had so they called to cancel my appointment. Ha!

Last edited:
I got mine through the DMV a few years ago. My family didnt pass down **** had to get it out the mud lmao

I’ll see how these 5-digit plates appreciate over time. They will always lag behind 4 digits and under in value due to simple supply and demand. The 5-digits are pretty common
Lol damn, well, at least you'll be the first one in your bloodline to start this cool trend. You never know...trends may change & the 5-digit plates might become coveted in the future. Hold onto your combo & who knows one day someone who REALLY likes that particular set of 3's might offer you top dollar. Who knew some like license plates can fetch thousands & thousands of bucks? In Dubai they drop millions bro, lower the digits on the plate the more it sells for-same concept as your state, oh & they love their hookah pipes to be made outta platinum or diamond encrusted. The UAE in general is so over the top, kind of like a Middle East version of Vegas. Both are wild places to be lol.

I’m feeling the Range Rover redesign. Looks the same but it’s nice. Trying to decide between a new RR next year, Porsche Cayenne or Panamera, or X5/X7 if all else fails.

Are RR’s still unreliable AF? :lol:

She's the 3rd owner with only 7,400 when it arrived. It's amazing. It may only be 560 hp (which in today's cars is still great but not mind blowing) but it's N/A, V10 and sounds amazing and being midengined weight distribution is perfect and it goes!! Total blast!

Only 7400 miles? Man I hope ya’ll put some mileage on that thang. Id hate to have a car like that and never drive it.

Back
Top Bottom