\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I got quoted $2200 for 2 stage paint correction and ceramic coating for my mustang. $1750 for car, $300 for wheels/wells/calipers, and $100ish for glass. It’s worth it but I’m not sure how long I’m gonna keep the car. The shop uses gtechniq which is a 10H coat with a 9 year warranty.
Btw zmaqbool zmaqbool what ceramic boost do you use?

freshpairs freshpairs Here's a pic showing one of the spots I screwed up on & the ceramic was left streaking. This is why it's a great idea to have a few LED bars in the garage with you when doing this. No amount of light is too much when doing this I've learned. This process can ONLY be done indoors to avoid wind/dust & sunlight touching your car. Also, make sure the hood & front fenders are not hot because none of these products can be used on a hot surface. On a hot surfcace, the products will do something called starring. Little star shaped spots appear & their is no coming back from starring. The paint will be damaged beyond repair & you'll need a pro bodyshop to do a strip & re-paint. The LED bars are especially helpful on black cars especially ALL BLACK like my Challenger. It's hard to see anything on it outside of natural light
20200916_182308.jpg

I got quoted $2200 for 2 stage paint correction and ceramic coating for my mustang. $1750 for car, $300 for wheels/wells/calipers, and $100ish for glass. It’s worth it but I’m not sure how long I’m gonna keep the car. The shop uses gtechniq which is a 10H coat with a 9 year warranty.
$2200 is actually a great price for all the services provided imo. If you're not planning on keeping the car than I'd save the $ for your new toy. Damn!!! 9 year warranty? That's lovely! Never seen a shop here talk any kinda warranty period lol. With a 9 year warranty the $2200 is worth it even more. We use Adam's Polishes ceramic boost. I'm more of a Adam's guy & my brother is more for chemical guys. Both make equally great products imo but I like the simplicity in how Adam's explains everything & breaks down step by step anything detail related. On their website they have a specific video for literally just about every product on sale on their website & that makes understanding the product and how it's used that much easier especially with a visual to go by through video. Chemical Guys don't do that & that is why I'd rather give my hard earned $ to Adam's

Ceramic coating is expensive but so worth it

and dude makes these weird comments like tell us how rare the car is, he obviously has something to say :lol:

Playing around fixing the front of the Z. Changing that grill opening to a trapezoid and creating a faux-aero vent
nissan-z-proto-109-1599674382.png
Dope fix but looks just like my brothers 370. It's like they didn't even try to change anything above the beltline of the car. Kind of looking like a refresh to the 370 instead of a whole new model. I'm a Z fanboy so it's still all good lol

Ceramic coating is expensive but so worth it

and dude makes these weird comments like tell us how rare the car is, he obviously has something to say :lol:
It is expensive & worth every penny. Water literally dances off the cars finish. Maintenance of the coating is key. I learned I didn't maintain it right after my 1st coating. I never touched it up with ceramic boost after each wash, I used the wrong kinds of towels. The GSM wasn't high enough for water absorbency in the towels. Towels will always bring back swirls no matter what which is why if budget allows..a car blow dryer is the best way to go, can't wait for mine to come in. I further screwed up my 1st ceramic application with redundant waxing. I hit it with F11 topcoat after every wash, anytime I had it in my boys shop he'd wax it for free, I used excess detail spray & products from 2017-2020 which is why I needed that strip wash to get rid of it 100%. Oh well, you live & you learn & I'm a student of the game. I can't do mechanical work but detailing I pride myself on. Detailing is good but detailing the correct way is totally a whole nother animal done properly imo

Also, there's some scratches that won't ever come out on my car. Ceramic coating is dope with the extra shine and added layer of protection but it doesn't 100% protect from rock chips & other hairline scratches. Which is why the absolute ultimate 100% guaranteed protection is clear-bra. They say anytime you buy a new car, instead of taking it home take it to get clear bra'd as that will minimize exposure to elements/traffic/rock chips. The longer a car is exposed to the elements the more scratches will develop. As the years go by, the scratches increase. When done right at the very beginning of the cars life the clear-bra will prevent any of that from ever happening. I mean, you can take a knife or key to the paint & press down on it with all your might and not a single scratch will form on the bra. I'd love to clear bra my entire car but that treatment is like 4-7 grand but worth every dime

Tons of 5 spoke wheels out there
But srt badges when it's an rt is wack imo

CONSIDERING SRT’S AREN’T MADE ANYMORE.... YEA, OK. (IM NOT SPEAKING OF HELLCATS).

PRE 2017 THE TRIMS WERE: SXT, R/T, R/T SCAT PACK, SRT, AND SRT HELLCAT.

STOCK VALVE COVER’S HAVE “SRT”
80F7ADB2-AE63-42FF-8152-E8C456C5A659.jpeg

STOCK RADIO HAS “SRT”
0ED302A4-5C27-4876-B56C-5694ECD13AA2.jpeg

I DONT SEE ANY ISSUES WITH CENTER CAPS THAT SAY “SRT”.

NOT SURE WHY YOU’RE PRESSED ABOUT MY RIDE.

NOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHIP IN ON THIS NOTE EVERY MONTH, YOUR STATEMENT WOULD BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

TIL THEN...

CONSIDERING SRT’S AREN’T MADE ANYMORE.... YEA, OK. (IM NOT SPEAKING OF HELLCATS).

STOCK RADIO HAS “SRT”

NOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHIP IN ON THIS NOTE EVERY MONTH, YOUR STATEMENT WOULD BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

TIL THEN...
THATS RIGHT
TELL HIS *** OFF
#dahemiboys
:pimp:

STOCK RADIO HAS “SRT”

TIL THEN...
That's due to FCA being cheap like always
I just dont like when people "'clone"
I dont even do car payments so I'm damn well not chipping in for yours :lol:
But clean charger overall, I actually wanted one way back when.

Nothing wrong with that, lol! 👍👍 F Type is a beautiful car. I like the Proto back end better than the current car. The Proto goes out further to a basically flat vertical taillight area, where as the current Z has that little bump to a curved bumper. I think the new car is cleaner out back. Yeah, the grill needs some work. I know what they were trying for, as the 240 has that rectangular opening, but it also had a long chrome bumper to go across it and break up the area. But I like what they did. Like the pic above, at least it isn't as bad as the new BMW grilles those are horrid!! I do like the hood. Very 240z on that.
I get more of a 300zx vibe from the rear tail lights
DA169A05-19E4-4325-B762-45A8C4B0A4B9.jpeg 22255042-2329-452E-B54B-399A45E89655.jpeg
front grill has always been a plain rectangle on the 350z and 370z, they just made it MASSIVE which looks weird
8BA2DB86-4D71-48B9-8950-69640F94FD34.jpeg 07991E98-C566-4B2C-8FEA-5E179D7C9645.jpeg 404D0A01-6A9E-4763-8780-05E35A3B3741.jpeg

I get more of a 300zx vibe from the rear tail lights
DA169A05-19E4-4325-B762-45A8C4B0A4B9.jpeg 22255042-2329-452E-B54B-399A45E89655.jpeg
front grill has always been a plain rectangle on the 350z and 370z, they just made it MASSIVE which looks weird
8BA2DB86-4D71-48B9-8950-69640F94FD34.jpeg 07991E98-C566-4B2C-8FEA-5E179D7C9645.jpeg 404D0A01-6A9E-4763-8780-05E35A3B3741.jpeg

Well have to wait it to he on the streets to fully tell but I dont really see it.
300zx would be my favorite Nissan if I need to choose. Wish they came with that SR instead of that heavy *** VG

How bad is the paint? I got my hellcat done with gtechniq with paint correction (it was brand new) with wheels and glass for about 1500.

I actually wish I didn't did the wheels.

I only PRAY you are joking on the seat, I am hearing it is closer to 40K.
Nissan-Z-Prototype-58.jpg

Any higher than 43k, might as well just get a C7 or C8 Vette

they showed us the base model one lol, wait until the sport or nismo get announced
Nah that's gotta be just it being the Prototype or something, the base model having them big sport brakes
and a full digital dash screen and gon have pre 2010 seat setup is just comical

I like the new z, it has potential at least. Whatever at least they tried. :lol:
This.
370Z looked outdated 3-4 years after it dropped, never thought ppl even cared too much about the design

Reason for the big *** grill is probably the reason almost every other car manufacturer does them now is due to all the electronics/driver assistance aids like the radar stuff. What amazes me is a lot of them are either just designed ugly or just plain.

Reason for the big *** grill is probably the reason almost every other car manufacturer does them now is due to all the electronics/driver assistance aids like the radar stuff. What amazes me is a lot of them are either just designed ugly or just plain.
Probably true but still could at least camouflage it a little better by breaking up the big grill. Why the need if computers are getting smaller and smaller and technology more compact.
USD00HOC181A021001.jpg 2020-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-Exterior-001-720x300.jpg new_bmw_m4_2020_1.jpg

I sure hope they aren't putting to much technology in it, I mean 400 does not need automatic braking or lane departure. Keep the driver involved, stop doing so much for them.

How bad is the paint? I got my hellcat done with gtechniq with paint correction (it was brand new) with wheels and glass for about 1500.

I actually wish I didn't did the wheels.

my paint is pretty bad. The reason it’s so high is because it’s a two stage paint correction. He said he would do at least two passes and get the paint Back to around 95% not including the rock chips. There were other Single stage packages that were a little cheaper and used the 2-3 year coating.

Back
Top Bottom