\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw this article, personally if anything I would want the side storage that Dodge offers on trucks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...e-room-for-2-years/ar-AABD6jU?ocid=spartanntp
ramtruck01.jpg

This new tailgate they are treating like it is going to revolutionize the truck market. It already has a step in the bumper.

AABD6jP.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like Toyota is not adopting the side storage either in the prototype for next gen model.
Are these side storage compartments being advertised by Dodge as a revolutionary feature? As far as I know these things have been around since at least 2002 with the Chevy Avalanche. Never took off because they narrow the usable bed space of a pickup considerably.

It’s cool but it don’t have awd
4WD won't do it for you?
Are these side storage compartments being advertised by Dodge as a revolutionary feature? As far as I know these things have been around since at least 2002 with the Chevy Avalanche. Never took off because they narrow the usable bed space of a pickup considerably.
I don't think it affects bed width since it is using the space over the wheel well.

It does. If you get the ram boxes your usable bed space does take a hit but they're pretty damn slick for most ppl. Also the storage/cooler in the back floorboards is FUEGO

It does. If you get the ram boxes your usable bed space does take a hit but they're pretty damn slick for most ppl. Also the storage/cooler in the back floorboards is FUEGO
Never heard or saw that man, did a quick Google search and saw some pretty slick designs. I guess if we did more outdoor stuff I would consider doing something in my truck. However daughters aren't trying to do camping, and when we go on drives we take box drinks for them.

So I've been kicking the idea around of picking up some Hellcat Replica wheels for my Jeep. The 22" reps that I have aren't in the greatest shape, they were originally chrome and the previous owner painted them black. Unfortunately, as you all know, paint doesn't stick particularly well to chrome. Getting them powdercoated black is a difficult process, the places around here don't want to touch them unless the chrome has been stripped off. I'd probably end up paying a similar amount to get these done in black as I would just buying a new set. So, I was procrastinating today instead of studying and put my MS Paint skillz to work to see what they would look like :lol:

Thoughts? Stay the same? Or Hellcat reps? And if so, black or bronze?

Hellcat Reps.jpg
Stay the same with the blacks you have on imo...can't go wrong with Hellcat replicas either

4WD won't do it for you?

I mean yeah that's cool and all but i haven't seen a raptor put down numbers like the jeep srt has. Not taking anything away from the raptor great product but i see that as more of outdoorsman that likes to hit the city on the weekends twice a month

Last edited:
Dropped off the car b4 heading out on vacation. Hopefully it's done by by the time I get back. My guy at the shop said he wanted to add another layer of paint/clear because the textured plastic absorbs some of it due to it's surface finish. I'm liking how the splash guards and front grill pieces came out
IMG_6211.jpg
IMG_6209.jpg
IMG_6210.jpg
IMG_6194.jpg
IMG_6193.jpg
IMG_6191.jpg
IMG_6195.jpg
IMG_6243.jpg
IMG_6242.jpg

^ not only that but the cost of retooling factories to make such cars would likely rule out profitability since it would be more of a niche offering. This is why custom shops exist and restomods are a thing.

^ not only that but the cost of retooling factories to make such cars would likely rule out profitability since it would be more of a niche offering. This is why custom shops exist and restomods are a thing.

I agree but I think Dodge was pretty close with the Challenger. May not look exactly like the old but it's very close.

I wish Mazda would do the same with the RX-7

Back
Top Bottom