\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw this dude earlier.

34706342-ACB7-4BFB-92B0-9B3739ED4F22.jpeg

A couple thoughts on the Supra. I'll preface this by saying I'm not a Toyota guy, never owned one, and probably never will.

- It sounds like the only way Toyota could afford to build this car was to develop it with BMW. I know that's not ideal, but let's give them a little credit for at least bringing another sports car to the market, which is a segment that is definitely not as popular as it once was. At least Toyota is trying, look at what Nissan is doing, just pumping out the same 2 cars every year with minimal changes (GTR and 370z).
- Most of the people ripping the new Supra and comparing it to the old one have never owned one, nor have they driven one. Times change. The new car needs to be looked at as a separate car, it is so separated by the old one time wise.
- People are saying its underpowered. It does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Stock. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I will say the concept definitely looked better. And the car doesn't really appeal to me. But I think it's cool that they made a new sports car, because nowadays all that seems to come out is blah crossovers. So I for one will welcome seeing something different on the road. The new Supra was never going to live up to the legend of the old one. And that's fine, because most people havent experienced the legend of the old one anyways. They've just read about it.

One of those cars that is worth waiting till the mid-lifecycle refresh.

In LA u can find someone to do the labor starting at around a grand for the people starting out on Craigslist and offer up or doing it on the side.

But a dude in this thread wrapped his own car himself.

A couple thoughts on the Supra. I'll preface this by saying I'm not a Toyota guy, never owned one, and probably never will.

- It sounds like the only way Toyota could afford to build this car was to develop it with BMW. I know that's not ideal, but let's give them a little credit for at least bringing another sports car to the market, which is a segment that is definitely not as popular as it once was. At least Toyota is trying, look at what Nissan is doing, just pumping out the same 2 cars every year with minimal changes (GTR and 370z).
- Most of the people ripping the new Supra and comparing it to the old one have never owned one, nor have they driven one. Times change. The new car needs to be looked at as a separate car, it is so separated by the old one time wise.
- People are saying its underpowered. It does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Stock. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I will say the concept definitely looked better. And the car doesn't really appeal to me. But I think it's cool that they made a new sports car, because nowadays all that seems to come out is blah crossovers. So I for one will welcome seeing something different on the road. The new Supra was never going to live up to the legend of the old one. And that's fine, because most people havent experienced the legend of the old one anyways. They've just read about it.

Very well put. I get a lot of gripe from fans but after watching a lot of the youtube videos on it, I don't dislike it as much as I did originally. They wanted to make this car a more sports-oriented car. The MKIV was more of a GT car. If you watch that one video from the Fast Lane, you'll hear Toyota engineers talk about how they wanted to make this car a more balanced track car. Plus it leaves a lot of room for tuning so you can really make it more of your own. So if drag speed is your game, you can tune it. I think if Toyota would have at least got it over 400 hp and under 4 seconds, people would have been a lot happier.

With that said, if the aftermarket can make the supra look like the rendering below, I might be a fan.

2020-toyota-supra-rendering-looks-more-like-the-original-132005_1.jpg

supra_edit_2.jpg

Bruh. That looks WAY better. Toyota just had to add those little strips at the end of the headlights and that triple scoops on the bottom huh.

Very well put. I get a lot of gripe from fans but after watching a lot of the youtube videos on it, I don't dislike it as much as I did originally. They wanted to make this car a more sports-oriented car. The MKIV was more of a GT car. If you watch that one video from the Fast Lane, you'll hear Toyota engineers talk about how they wanted to make this car a more balanced track car. Plus it leaves a lot of room for tuning so you can really make it more of your own. So if drag speed is your game, you can tune it. I think if Toyota would have at least got it over 400 hp and under 4 seconds, people would have been a lot happier.

With that said, if the aftermarket can make the supra look like the rendering below, I might be a fan.
Oh we still talking about the Supra, car is total horse ****, car is underpowered, overpriced, the car has the worst of both car companies. BMW engine so reliability be damned as well as the maintenance cost. Toyota engineers got lazy with the design almost a damn carbon copy of the Z4 with less horsepower. Don't give me an average car and try and say it is so the aftermarket can have fun with it. Why not release the car in the 400hp range from the factory, the market for these is nostalgia, not performance. A used S5 or M4 will run these with no worry about voiding the warranty on a new car.

2020-toyota-supra-rendering-looks-more-like-the-original-132005_1.jpg

supra_edit_2.jpg
That rendering is dope man. Just a few tweeks & the real thing can look this good

I always forget to snap some pics of this when I'm in the garage. This is an abandoned 2003 BMW Z4 few spots from where I park my Challenger
20190514_193228.jpg
20190514_193224.jpg
20190514_193151.jpg
20190514_193124.jpg

Oh we still talking about the Supra, car is total horse ****, car is underpowered, overpriced, the car has the worst of both car companies. BMW engine so reliability be damned as well as the maintenance cost. Toyota engineers got lazy with the design almost a damn carbon copy of the Z4 with less horsepower. Don't give me an average car and try and say it is so the aftermarket can have fun with it. Why not release the car in the 400hp range from the factory, the market for these is nostalgia, not performance. A used S5 or M4 will run these with no worry about voiding the warranty on a new car.
it is horse****. Look at what Acura did with the new NSX and what Nissan did when they brought back the GTR. Even if people dont prefer those over the 90s legends of those cars, there's no argument that they arent incredible cars. Then you got Toyota, bringing back the legendary Supra as a Scion FRS (another junk car) with BMW components, and not even BMW's good components LOL. ****, they couldnt even give the car a DCT tranmission? Thats pathetic. You got one trans option, automatic, and it aint even a Dual Clutch. Some sports car...

Theres a few rich folk with R34 here on the street in CA. Not sure what their secret is. Maybe they just payed an outrageous amount for one of the few Motorex cars that are exempt

Back
Top Bottom