\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Looking for a ~200 sub/amp combo, but I'm a total noob at AV.

How's this setup?

Amazon product ASIN B004S4XNEO
Amazon product ASIN B00603S1WA
or

Amazon product ASIN B0037G2TYO
You get what you pay for.....

That's all low quality BS, the kicker sub is the only thing I might consider.

Noted. Taking a look at the JBL cause folks over at r/CarAv recommended it.

Will keep these in mind.

Looking for a ~200 sub/amp combo, but I'm a total noob at AV.

How's this setup?

If you only want to spend around 200, obviously you arent going to get the top of the line (which i am sure you know).  

Knowing that, for your budget I recommend

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=niketalk.com-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMTX-Terminator-TNE212D-200-Watt-Enclosure%2Fdp%2FB001JECAM2"]http://www.amazon.com/MTX-Terminator-TNE212D-200-Watt-Enclosure/dp/B001JECAM2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S4XNEO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687602

Which will come in right around your 200 budget minus the wiring you will need.   I've run this budget setup before (as well as many others if you google it) and it will serve you just fine if you are just looking for some extra bass and not trying to break the bank. The setup hits pretty hard, and the amp is bulletproof while running these subs. That setup lasted me two years with literally ZERO problems. Check the reviews for both.  
[/URL]

Yup, definitely understand what I'm going to get. Don't need anything that'll wake up the neighborhood. Thanks for the input, I'll take a look into these.

BBS RS or bust for E30s

DSC_7307.jpg

Noted. Taking a look at the JBL cause folks over at r/CarAv recommended it.
Will keep these in mind.
Yup, definitely understand what I'm going to get. Don't need anything that'll wake up the neighborhood. Thanks for the input, I'll take a look into these.
If you aren't expecting much, then you'll probably end up being happy with what you've chosen.

If it was me though, I'd save up a little more and get something nice. You don't even need to save up much more, but buying a $50 amp is asking for issues and/or disappointment. At least get a quality amp from a well known and respected brand, you can always swap out a cheap sub, but start off with a good foundation, which would be the amp, so you won't have to upgrade, or replace it, down the road. If there's one thing I've learned throughout the 10+ years I've been into cars, it's that doing things twice SUCKS. Both for your wallet, and your time.

Last edited:
what wheels you planning to put on?

plz tell me BBS RS for the E30

Na I definitely won't be putting RS' on it anytime soon, that'll cost more than my build so far. I got the car for 1k 3 months ago and I have been slowly returning it to stock.

I'm going to run some 14" BBS weaves or some really good condition bottle caps. The ride is so comfortable so I don't really want to ruin that.

Na I definitely won't be putting RS' on it anytime soon, that'll cost more than my build so far. I got the car for 1k 3 months ago and I have been slowly returning it to stock.

I'm going to run some 14" BBS weaves or some really good condition bottle caps. The ride is so comfortable so I don't really want to ruin that.
the come up. How much have you put in it?

the come up. How much have you put in it?

I've put in about another grand into it so far. I've been lucky that my dad and uncle do bodywork/paint so that was almost free aside from the paint itself.

Here is how it looked when I picked her up:

16281189392_6478e6c00f_c.jpg

I'd push that thang just how it is now

Very nice fam

Is it easy to work on this joint drivetrain wise? I'd imagine it would

Yeah I've actually been surprised by the simplicity. It's my first car and I've done many things to it just by reading instructions online. I gotta change the clutch pretty soon and that'll be the hardest thing up to this point. Also doesn't hurt that my dad has a full set of tools where I park the car. I'd definitely recommend an E30 to anyone looking to get into cars but you have to have the money/patience for repairs because they are old cars.

I've put in about another grand into it so far. I've been lucky that my dad and uncle do bodywork/paint so that was almost free aside from the paint itself.

Here is how it looked when I picked her up:

16281189392_6478e6c00f_c.jpg

Yeah I've actually been surprised by the simplicity. It's my first car and I've done many things to it just by reading instructions online. I gotta change the clutch pretty soon and that'll be the hardest thing up to this point. Also doesn't hurt that my dad has a full set of tools where I park the car. I'd definitely recommend an E30 to anyone looking to get into cars but you have to have the money/patience for repairs because they are old cars.
2gs not bad. I would leave it as is and get rid of it. What they going for like 3 gs?

I love this car I wouldn't even sell it for 5k. The hours I've put into it don't justify a 1k profit for me. I'd rather keep the smiles.
Ah that sentimental value aint worth it for you? I know how you feel i got so many hours in my truck and many more to go. I want to make it an everday cruiser but i dont like gas prices.
Thinking of making it a drag truck

Got a boy selling a 2012 TL Trchy AWD w/55k miles and a 2008 TL Type S 101k miles.

What you guys think he should be asking. I think he might be reaching.

He has them for 14k and 24k ...

Basically clean trade in value from the NADA.

Thought it was a bit to much.

Sounds about right. Hes probably putting those sale prices in hopes of realistically getting maybe 2 g's less. 12k for the TL-S and 22 for the TL sound more realistic.

that's fair. im sure he's leaving a little room for negotiation as well.

if he can get 23k and 13k for them that's pretty solid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom