Post Your Bikes...

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Originally Posted by DB WEST

My bike but it's not done yet.
How do you reach the handles?
See the lil steering wheel holmes? Thats how
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Capo617

Danscomp is pretty much the best site for quality BMX bikes. Average weight for beginner bikes is like 28-30 lbs. average is around like 25-28 lbs. And one with all top of the line parts and stuff would probably be around 24 and under.

Thanks, Its hard to come across these bikes that weigh a little... But I will continue searching
laugh.gif

Yeah it's alot of customizing though that makes them so light. People take off brakes or just run one bake, Cut the seat pole down, cut the bars smaller,they go all out. I only take my brakes off cause I've been ridin brakeless since I was a kid. I feel wierd with brakes
laugh.gif
. As far as starter bike though look into Kink & Hoffman bikes. they havesome quality bikes that wont dent your pockets too bad. Then from there just upgrade parts as you go.

572743520_77ae72d77c.jpg

Neither the picture nor the bike is mine, but I have the same exact 1986 Nishki Prestige with an almost identical setup (Saddle is a white Vetta, tires arestandard Araya 700c, and handlebar tape is obviously different). It rides really smoothly. I never thought I'd get used to the dérailleur, but I'mgetting over my fixed gear phase and might get another road bike soon. Only after I get a newer, better saddle, tires, and (colored?) chain, though.

Originally Posted by SuburbanKnight83

Specialized HR Comp
Haro Shredder

My neighbor across the street had a haro shredder back in middle school. Thing was a tank, felt SOO stable in the air.

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

Props on that old K2 razorback. Don't see too many FS designs with a pullshock anymore. What year is that Fork?

Here's what I'll be riding all summer. Will probably upgrade before the 2009 season starts:

2962578eafe54842e530792d6719d88cb6ed5f2.jpg

Mine is basically identical except it has a bashguard. I'll be using it Diablo Freeride Park in NJ for freeride and possibly light DH. I want to pick up something for next season with 7+ inches in the rear. This rig is 6 in the front and back.

Thanks man. I love this frame. the frame and fork are 2001 models. i've got 2 other noleen forks in my basement. hard to find anymore. super stifffork, and a little over 2 pounds. the other fork is a marzocchi jr. t. it's a plush ride too. i like the double crown on the downhill rigs better, a littlebit stiffer. if you've never rode a k2 fs, you need to. air shocks front and rear. kona is a nice bike too man. i'm not a fan of the fox forks though,but that's just me. how long have you rode the kona?

Thanks man. I love this frame. the frame and fork are 2001 models. i've got 2 other noleen forks in my basement. hard to find anymore. super stiff fork, and a little over 2 pounds. the other fork is a marzocchi jr. t. it's a plush ride too. i like the double crown on the downhill rigs better, a little bit stiffer. if you've never rode a k2 fs, you need to. air shocks front and rear. kona is a nice bike too man. i'm not a fan of the fox forks though, but that's just me. how long have you rode the kona?

Yooo, i remember back in the late 90's those noleen/girvin forks were SICK for XC. Are you talking about the elastomer stack ones, or the coils? I'massuming the fork on your razorback is the Jr. T. Heard a lot of good things about that fork and the Monster T but it looks like zoke's only dual crownfork these days is the 888.

I've been on the Kona since last september or so. Ridden it twice at lift-access parks, a few times around my neighborhood, and a few times at the mountainbike trails in NYC. There are actually articles in April's Mountain Bike Action and Mountain Bike Magazine about the trails at Highbridge Park in NYC.

There are a couple of other guys on NT that ride DH/FR actually. One of them owns a DH shop in Utah. His username is Nizate I think.

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

Thanks man. I love this frame. the frame and fork are 2001 models. i've got 2 other noleen forks in my basement. hard to find anymore. super stiff fork, and a little over 2 pounds. the other fork is a marzocchi jr. t. it's a plush ride too. i like the double crown on the downhill rigs better, a little bit stiffer. if you've never rode a k2 fs, you need to. air shocks front and rear. kona is a nice bike too man. i'm not a fan of the fox forks though, but that's just me. how long have you rode the kona?

Yooo, i remember back in the late 90's those noleen/girvin forks were SICK for XC. Are you talking about the elastomer stack ones, or the coils? I'm assuming the fork on your razorback is the Jr. T. Heard a lot of good things about that fork and the Monster T but it looks like zoke's only dual crown fork these days is the 888.

I've been on the Kona since last september or so. Ridden it twice at lift-access parks, a few times around my neighborhood, and a few times at the mountain bike trails in NYC. There are actually articles in April's Mountain Bike Action and Mountain Bike Magazine about the trails at Highbridge Park in NYC.

There are a couple of other guys on NT that ride DH/FR actually. One of them owns a DH shop in Utah. His username is Nizate I think.

thanks for the info man. the noleens i have are not the elastomer or coils, mine are the noleen air shock. and the jr. t is on the KHS bike. the noleen ison my k2. very light stiff fork. noleens came stock with 80mm of travel, but you could take 2 spacers out of the fork, and have 100mm of travel at no cost andmaybe 15 minutes. best fork in my opinion, because of the adjustability with air and less weight because of no oil or springs. if you do XC riding, find you anoleen.

the jr. t is a good fork too, for dh/fr riding. it's plush and stiff, and not too awful bad on weight. the 888 is a good fork too. but it's just myopinion about the double crown for dh riding. i've been around bikes all my life. actually built bmx frames a few years ago. built for kink, dk and acouple other companies. do you like the kona? i'm trying to find a jamis diablo frame for a reasonable price.

thanks for the info man. the noleens i have are not the elastomer or coils, mine are the noleen air shock. and the jr. t is on the KHS bike. the noleen is on my k2. very light stiff fork. noleens came stock with 80mm of travel, but you could take 2 spacers out of the fork, and have 100mm of travel at no cost and maybe 15 minutes. best fork in my opinion, because of the adjustability with air and less weight because of no oil or springs. if you do XC riding, find you a noleen.

the jr. t is a good fork too, for dh/fr riding. it's plush and stiff, and not too awful bad on weight. the 888 is a good fork too. but it's just my opinion about the double crown for dh riding. i've been around bikes all my life. actually built bmx frames a few years ago. built for kink, dk and a couple other companies. do you like the kona? i'm trying to find a jamis diablo frame for a reasonable price.

Ah ok. Whenever I hear "noleen" i always think of the Proflex 856 and the weird Girvin linkage fork with the elastomer stacks:
pro856.jpg

I guess that bike doesn't really say noleen anywhere on it. I must've gotten confused somewhere along the line.

That's awesome that you built frames. I met a guy at the DJs in NYC who was just starting his own framebuilding company. He got his "masterwelders" certification or whatever. My riding buddy's uncle is a professional welder, so I'm thinking maybe a few years from now I'll try anexperiment where I pick up a cracked high end DH frame and have him weld it back together
laugh.gif

I like the Kona, but to be honest, it's the first "real" mountain bike I've owned, and the first full suspension rig, so I don't haveanything to really compare it to. I've ridden an 08 spesh enduro sl, an iron horse sunday (briefly) and an 05 stinky dee-lux (briefly). I'm planningon riding at Diablo as close to every weekend as I can this summer so hopefully by the end of the season I'll be a more discerning customer. I spend a lotof time on MTBR these days just trying to learn stuff. For what it's worth, I've only heard good things about the Jamis Diablo. Very few things, butall of them good.

Can someone please school me on sizing for bikes?

I'm looking to get a road bike this summer (used or new) and I have maximum $400 to spend.
I'm 6 feet tall and ~165lbs.

Someone school me on where to get a good entry level road bike and the size I should go for.
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by baby dill

Girard:

eek.gif

I miss my VFR.
frown.gif

My girl "locked it up" for me about 6 months ago and it got stolen. Had that thing for nearly 10 years man. I need to buy another one. If I can find the exact same one, it's mine.

Thanks! Sorry to hear about yours. I'm actually planning on selling my VFR so I can get this:

2007 GT Compe

30-9583-GRN-SIDE.jpg

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Can someone please school me on sizing for bikes?

I'm looking to get a road bike this summer (used or new) and I have maximum $400 to spend.
I'm 6 feet tall and ~165lbs.

Someone school me on where to get a good entry level road bike and the size I should go for.
Thanks in advance.

Anyone? I think I need a size L or 58-59.........Someone please help
embarassed.gif

There's not really specific sizes for height/weight it's preference. Best bet is to go to a bike shop and just try out different sizes, bro.

thanks for the info..... im looking for sites with cruisers right now...... daves comp has 3... any other sites?????

Back
Top Bottom