Post your Barber Clippers/Liners: Barber Tools Discussion/Questions

To all you barbers out there..what type hair is the hardest to fade and what tips do you have cutting it?

straight, curly, etc?

Need a clipper for cutting and fading. Trying to learn how to do my regular temp fade. Andis master is what I'm learning towards. Any other recommendations?

Also any good vids or tips on learning to blend hair?

I use Masters and they are the best that I can recommend since you're a beginner. Look up Vick the barber, Cakenisrandy, and Captain Smash on YouTube. They are some of the best in the biz.

Fellas I'm just too damn clumsy when it comes to cutting my own head. Imma just stick to going to the barber..

I highly recommend the Masters also.

Up until 2 years ago the Andis Outliners were my favorite trimmer by far.

Then I bought the Wahl Hero with the Double Wide T Blade and I haven't touched the Andis since.

The Hero cuts very sharp precise lines where I never have to retouch any at all.

Wahl really came back swinging hard with that Hero trimmer, I'm very impressed at thier performance.

Here's my collection I've been aquiring since Barber School in 2000 yes that Andis Master and Oster 76 are both over 15 years old of use, they really do last forever when well taken care of.

The Oster just needs a new carbon brush every couple years or so after heavy use.

Last edited:
What about speed of cut with the masters? I've heard they get hot quick, just wondering if they're still ideal being that I'm completely new to fading & will probably be taking my time.

What about speed of cut with the masters? I've heard they get hot quick, just wondering if they're still ideal being that I'm completely new to fading & will probably be taking my time.
Yes they get hot quick.

I dont use my Masters for the bulk of a fade though I use my Oster blades.

My Masters are just for quick blending the bottom lines of skin fades.

Matter of fact I never even used guide attachments with my Master.

Last edited:
What trimmers or clippers do you recommend for cutting your beard low or "light" like a level 1 low, is what I usually tell my barber.

Does Walmart or Target sell a trimmer for this?

They use it at barbershops in NYC.

My barber does at least for my neck when I get my beard done.

I would say it's good, maybe I should have got that one, but I got another one from Braun I think not sure the series 7 self cleaning one.

I have a Norelco one that is like 10 years old. It works fine but the foil has cracks in it and as a result cuts me when I shave. I wonder if I ask them for a replacement foil they would send it to me

61rlzzLeU4L._SY355_.jpg

Any of you shave with one of these? I'm using my T-liners to shave right now and wanted to know if these are a better alternative

61rlzzLeU4L._SY355_.jpg

Any of you shave with one of these? I'm using my T-liners to shave right now and wanted to know if these are a better alternative
I have these. I did use them at one point however they cut me and also gave me razor bumps. I am African American with sensitive skin so I guess that's why it effected me that way. If you don't have that problem I'd say go for them. Just remember you do have to charge it which is what i hated. 

61rlzzLeU4L._SY355_.jpg

I have these. I did use them at one point however they cut me and also gave me razor bumps. I am African American with sensitive skin so I guess that's why it effected me that way. If you don't have that problem I'd say go for them. Just remember you do have to charge it which is what i hated. 

I'm black too, that's not good to hear. I'll keep using the liners then, thanks though

I'm black too, that's not good to hear. I'll keep using the liners then, thanks though
Yeah IMO I'd stick with the T-Liner. They're one of the only clippers that wont give me a bad reaction. If it's wireless you want Andi's does make a wireless T-Liner version my barber uses. It's quality just not the same as the T-Liner we're all used to.

^^ just search blade setter or zero gap on Amazon there's 2 out right now one is straight from Andis.

With the blade setter tools I'd be careful with it and new clippers bc they might be set them too sharp. I've heard that you have to dull down blades with fading before you can use them to outline.

I'm no expert in barber tools at all and it took me 5 min and a YouTube tutorial to zero gap my liners. You don't need to buy new ones

Back
Top Bottom