Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

We will never cure "cancer"
frown.gif

On a brighter and more specific note; Sickle cell anemia is one of many diseases that will be cured by genetically engineered stem cells.
happy.gif

This is NOT true. You should know cancers are caused by a diversity of factors genetic, environmental, and viral. We already have "vaccines" for certain cancers. I believe with research in molecular bio/ immunology researchers can develop specific chemicals that help our immune system specifically target cancerous cells with minimal harm to our body.

Nothing is impossible in science, it just takes time.
ohwell.gif
Well, just as you said it's a multi-factorial disease. We do have cures for some and treatment to prevent some such as vaccines for HPV, but we will never cure "cancer" as in a one cure all drug because it's multi-factorial. Too many causes and too many differing abnormal genetic expression patterns to have a cure all.

That's what I meant, but just wanted to simplify it.

So, we might, but not in our lifetime.
There really is only one underlying root cause. The only role genetics play is that they determine how susceptible a person is to a certain type of cancer. Many people have cured cancer but mainstream western medicine wont have any of it because "alternative medicine" is not lucrative. 

roll.gif
Stop please my sides hurt
roll.gif

seriously. I doubt this kid even took Bio 101 (or the equivalent)
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Sans-serif]In 2001, Gregory announced to the world that he had been diagnosed with a rare form of Cancer. He refused traditional medical treatment – chemotherapy –and with the assistance of some of the finest minds in alternative medicine, put together a regimen of a variety of diet, vitamins, exercise, and modern devices not even known to the public, which ultimately resulted in his reversing the trend of the Cancer to the point where today he is 100% Cancer free.[/font]

if that matters

If you are suspected of using drugs and you have children in the home, the only children who get removed are the ones you are directly impacted by the drug use, (In Florida Anyway)

Originally Posted by HOVKid

While it is generally acceptable to apply a basket and cap to indemnification claims for breaches of reps, neither should apply in the case of breaches of covenants or other agreements.

HOVKid wrote:
Generally, when buying a company, you'll want to structure it as an asset deal (as opposed to a stock deal).  The biggest benefit is the step up in basis, which allows you to depreciate the assets over your ownership period.  Most sellers want a stock deal though because it saves them from double tax.  If they do an asset deal the company that owns the assets has to pay tax on the gain and the shareholder has to pay taxes on its distribution.

388370071.jpg

I work for a appliance/electronics sales company. I'm a commissioned salesman

-We will give discounts if you ask for one, especially if you are paying cash and looking to close on the deal immediately

-Once your sale is over, and you didn't buy extended warranty, do not expect us to lift one finger for you...you're old news by now

-If you come in and sell yourself on a TV, even if you have false information, we will nod our head yes, and let you close yourself.

-We put property insurance on all of our credit accounts, even if you already have homeowners insurance, and make a commission off of it.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by ebpo

*Old jobs
- When you buy expensive furnitures, there's a lot of chance it's not such good quality... I know I did a LOT of touch-up on some $300's chair for example...
- Furnitures that a customer sent back because of a defect might be send to another customer
smh.gif

* Actual job
- Internet Explorer 6 is a pain in %+$ to work with. Design almost never looks like you want it to be. And yet, it's probably the most used browser out there.
- When most people look at a website, they have no idea how complicated the back-end can be.
yeo...what do you do? arent you from mtl too?  i sorta work with webpages too so i know ie6 is a %$#%+ lol
I'm a web developer. And yes, in Montreal
wink.gif
What do you do?

Public Library: When I was 16-17.

Don't be an a-hole and pull out random books and put them on the table. Someone needs to take extra time out to put them away.

I can delete any fine, any missing book, and late fees, It's just immoral.

Library are a breeding ground for lazy administrators.

We blow a lot of money. A LOT of money on stupid events, parties, lunches for no reason. It's basically a fun government job where we get cheese to blow.

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Ticket office( 3 yrs):

-Most of the time, if you are rude the seller will get you worse seats and tell you they are the "best available"
-"Best available" is selected from the most center and lowest, so sometimes there is lower seats available that are less "centered"
-I can get as close as I want to any show, you have a 5% chance
-Those presale codes that "fanclubs" get, I've had them for a 2 plus weeks.
-The internet is the best chance to get great seats, if youre sleeping in line and your NOT the first customer to that window, you have a very slim chance getting good seats.
-Tickets are on hold" by the ticket manager, these are to make sure that scalpers dont get the whole lot in the first 10 mins, but WE never know when those will be released.
-Sometimes producers will hold the show up just to get make sure they can get every last paying customer in
- I can see your full CC# on every purchase for about 10-15 secs on screen.

I can answer any other questions if you got any.
Why is it that i can never get Lakers tickets for playoff or finals (having that presale code)
There is usually a very small amount of tickets released to the public and the amount of people trying to get them far outweighs the availability.  Your not only competing with fans, but thousands of brokers/scalpers who are going to make a killing on those tickets.  Best chance is to reduce the amount your looking for and if continue to search over and over -- if someone is looking at a seat online and they refresh to find a different location or they time out on the transaction more seats become available.  If purchasing through the box office & you are polite and sometimes offer a tip to the right people you might get a seat upgrade as well if they seller has access to do this 
wink.gif

I dont know for sure how staplesis run, but i can imagine that there is a HUGE amount of held tickets. (meaning employees, teams personnel, etc etc)
the general public only has to hope to luck in to some decent seats

No way they release every seat the first time you can purchase tickets especially for big games!

something i NOW know is that some of you guys are lazy %##!!!% douchebags who think they're better than others when in reality you work retail.

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Generally, when buying a company, you'll want to structure it as an asset deal (as opposed to a stock deal).  The biggest benefit is the step up in basis, which allows you to depreciate the assets over your ownership period.  Most sellers want a stock deal though because it saves them from double tax.  If they do an asset deal the company that owns the assets has to pay tax on the gain and the shareholder has to pay taxes on its distribution.
Or you could elect to a section 338 taxable stock transaction, especially when titles to assets are hard to transfer.  Either way, goodwill can still be amortized for tax purposes!

True but if a Seller is not going to go for an asset deal, there's no way they are going for an (h)(10) election either.

Nevertheless, very impressive, sir.

Current gigs..

landscaping:
People expect more from the hired hand than they actually care to have done, but it's all about getting as much as they can for their buck even if they don't give a damn. People complain to complain. They like the power of being able to "make $@%! happen".

Cook/kitchen hand:
90% of the health and safety protocols are BS anyway and get avoided for the sake of efficiency. Truth is, people expect more from the hired hand than they actually care to have done, but it's all about getting as much as they can for their buck even if they don't give a damn. People complain to complain. They like the power of being able to "make $@%! happen".

Music:
Brass players got it easy. You can throw a trumpet against a wall then flush it down the toilet. But give it an hour, invert it over a dry towel, and you'll be Wynton Marsalis again like ain't $@%! just happen. But a saxophone is way too delicate. From moist pads to bent keys, it's way too many ways to mess up a good horn
smh.gif
smh.gif

bank teller
i was a teller supervisor but i had managerial powers bc for some reason our branch could not keep a manager (we had 5 different managers in one year before).
-i hardly ever waived overdraft fees. if it was your first or second time, yes. just say "since it's my first time, can you please forgive me". no prob. our screen shows us when you overdrafted in the past 30 days, 60 days, and 90+ days. not only can we see that, our bosses see that. and their bosses see that. so at the end of each month, when they see where we waived fees, we had to explain why (first time offender was always okay to waive the fee).
-threatening to take your money to a different bank makes us nut ourselves. we hate pricks like you who think you can call the shots bc you have a lot of money, PLEASE go across the street.
-overdraft fees are a small small percentage of banks overall profits.
-when tellers ask for your ID, dont be a pain in the !$% and say "Ive been coming here for 5 years, yall should know me." most of the tellers are part time, so they dont get to remember your face.
-atm machines that are not attached to the building (aka drive up atms) are serviced by a 3rd party. atm's that are attached to the building are serviced by a bank teller or banker. that atm is inside of a closet behind those doors you see inside the bank. atms can hold anywhere from 60 g's up to almost 150 g's, depending on the size of the atm drawers and foot traffic.
-dont rob a teller. steal an atm machine. the trauma caused to the teller and their families last a lifetime and gives the teller an excuse to take days off for "personal reasons".

life insurance
-buy whole life as young as you can. get locked into that low rate (ranges anywhere from 18 to 50 bucks a month, depending on how much you wanna buy). you are guaranteed to die, dont leave your family hanging with your bills.
-buying term life insurance is a rip off

cigarettes sales
-looseys are not illegal. it's a HUGE cash cow for the merchant. according to the master settlement agreement (google it), tobacco companies are not allowed to sell advertising contracts to stores that sell looseys. we always turned a blind eye to it when selling contracts because we had to have that contract.
-cigarettes are good for 12 months; 18 months if they were in cold storage. ask your merchant to teach you how to read the production date if you suspect the pack to be stale.
-average carton of cigarettes across the united states was $40 (back in '08) and half of that went to uncle sam.
-most menthol smokers are women
-parliament lights have the recessed filter because it was an accident. through paid study groups, philip morris learned that it developed a reputation for being used to snort coke with it. that kind of "cool" reputation cigarettes would pay millions for that.
-newports have the highest loyalty rating of 87. meaning if 100 people went to a gas station to buy newports, and they were sold out of their pack/size. 87 would go elsewhere while the remainder would switch to soft pack or a competitors brand.
-during a huge sales meeting, the ceo of philip morris mike scymansik (sp?) was fielding questions. one guy asked why newports have the market on lock with african americans and what is philip morris doing to compete. his response "marlboro is number one with whites, number one with hispanics, and number one with asians. we dont know why, we just are. we dont need to chase the black market. last thing we need to do is try to sell to a specific race because that's a lawsuit waiting to happen."

Pinkberry (Yogurt Place)

We over charge the hell out of people. We made 10,000 a day for 3 months straight. One bucket of mixture costs us about 23 bucks. We made 345 dollars per mixture. They cakin man

Noone really washes the dishes at the end of the night. We just rinsed.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

frown.gif

On a brighter and more specific note; Sickle cell anemia is one of many diseases that will be cured by genetically engineered stem cells.
happy.gif

im curious to know why you say this?
i have read that we HAVE found numerous cures for cancer and even HIV/AIDS but the gov. wont let it be released because were over populated...i know this is on some over the top +%$, doesn't mean i believe in it
laugh.gif
Read below. Cancer is multi-factorial, there is no cure all, but we do have treatments that works for some sub-types. HIV/AIDS is very hard to cure because the virus is always mutating.

You need to stop listening to or going to where ever you are getting that info from. Bad source. lol we DO NOT have a cure for all cancer sub-types and we do not have a cure for all forms of HIV/AIDS.

frown.gif

happy.gif

This is NOT true. You should know cancers are caused by a diversity of factors genetic, environmental, and viral. We already have "vaccines" for certain cancers. I believe with research in molecular bio/ immunology researchers can develop specific chemicals that help our immune system specifically target cancerous cells with minimal harm to our body.

Nothing is impossible in science, it just takes time.
ohwell.gif
Well, just as you said it's a multi-factorial disease. We do have cures for some and treatment to prevent some such as vaccines for HPV, but we will never cure "cancer" as in a one cure all drug because it's multi-factorial. Too many causes and too many differing abnormal genetic expression patterns to have a cure all.

That's what I meant, but just wanted to simplify it.

So, we might, but not in our lifetime.
One universal cause of most cancers has to do with the integrity of the cell cycle....if we can develop  a drug that stabilizes it for life, we may be able to prevent all forms of cancer for good.

Good luck finding a drug that stabilizes cell proliferation in only cancer cells and not your normal rapidly proliferation cells. Chemotherapeutics already targets rapidly proliferating cancer cells, but we can see that it only goes so far. Remember cancer cells are still your cells, just out of control. Even a slow growing cancer cell can soon wreck havoc if you do not target its other needs besides cell cycle induction. Although you could survive longer the cancer cells still have the ability to break through the basement membrane because of no contact inhibition and will metastasize. 
LOL you completely missed the point......this is a preventative measure I suggested. A lot of cancers are caused by mutations in genes that govern the cell cycle check points eg. P53/ cyclins etc. This drug would be employed way before our cells become cancer cells.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

something i NOW know is that some of you guys are lazy %##!!!% douchebags who think they're better than others when in reality you work retail.

laugh.gif
Couldn't agree more. Their customers aren't allowed to have attitudes, otherwise they'll have one right back. Like they are getting paid to be well respected business men.

95% of the Trailer Voice actors you hear in movie previews get recorded at my studio, by me and 3 other engineers.

75% of the dudes work from home, and I record them remotely, possibly meaning they are sitting around in their undies, or getting a "trouser friendly kiss" from some young pricey female while they are on the mic.

The Top 2% of Voice Talents make anywhere from 2 to 5 grand per session, and a session is anywhere from 5 to 25 min long.

Most of them do 5 to 8 sessions a day.

Add that one up.

private engineering company as a land surveyor

Survey_Instrument_2.117201659.jpg

This is not a camera, we aren't taking your picture. All the faces you make, and hand signals you throw up are pointless. Plus you just look like a weirdo.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BootsieCollins85

private engineering company as a land surveyor

Survey_Instrument_2.117201659.jpg

This is not a camera, we aren't taking your picture. All the faces you make, and hand signals you throw up are pointless. Plus you just look like a weirdo.
roll.gif
what does it really do?

Originally Posted by nba0203

what does it really do?

It is an instrument that takes an EDM (electronic distance measurement) while recording angles. We use it along with a data collector wich is also pictured on the tripod to locate physical atributes of streets, and also raw land. We also perform the lay out for construction. Basically taking CAD drawings and setting points in the fied were everything is to then be built.

This is a really good thread

Let's see I worked at Radioshack, Circuit City, and Bestbuy and I've seen stock workers throw/drop computers, tvs, monitors, printers, ipods, and a lot of other things

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by hella handsome

btn3.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, clickThree)
function clickThree(event:MouseEvent):void
{
gotoAndPlay(3)
}

what is this, JAVA?
what do you do?

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

H.S. job at a grocery store:

- If someone is bagging groceries for you, please do them the favor of selecting paper over plastic. Paper is way easier to bag, better for the environment, and can hold a lot more. I'd say about three plastic bags hold as much as a paper one can... just please do us the favor of picking paper.
- Please thank anyone that is bagging groceries for you. I guarantee you that they hate their jobs and they hate every second of bagging. Saying a simple "thank you very much" goes a long way.
- Some people actually tip baggers that will walk their groceries out to their car. Even $2 makes a huge difference and makes that person's day.
- When you are buying bread in the aisle, pick the stuff behind everything. The oldest bread is pulled to the front so they can sell it faster. Same with cheese, milk, basically anything that can expire.
the first one was complete opposite where I worked, we all hated when they asked for paper it took way too long. Everything else is 100% true though

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

I work Retail

-Please don't pay for a 2 dollar poster board for your car wash with a 100 dollar bill. Thats a instant insult and you cause a lot of time to be wasted for me or whomever to get your 98 dollar change.
how on earth is that an insult? if that's all I have then that's all I have

I like this thread though, I don't have much of anything to add that hasn't been said about Programming and Grocery stores
pimp.gif

sorry for the late response, its actionscript though. JavaScript would be close, because of the function, but EventListeners are actionscript. 
im a webdesigner/webprogramming student btw. 

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

95% of the Trailer Voice actors you hear in movie previews get recorded at my studio, by me and 3 other engineers.

75% of the dudes work from home, and I record them remotely, possibly meaning they are sitting around in their undies, or getting a "trouser friendly kiss" from some young pricey female while they are on the mic.

The Top 2% of Voice Talents make anywhere from 2 to 5 grand per session, and a session is anywhere from 5 to 25 min long.

Most of them do 5 to 8 sessions a day.

Add that one up.

eek.gif

i don't work but my friend told me mac users have lower avg iq compared to pc users.

which means mac users aren't as smart.

it's true because mac made it "easy" for all these ordinary people.

new era hats from streetwear companies are marked up it usually only cost $8 - 12 and stores charge upwards to $50

the special instructions on your online order rarely get read

come in the store during the last 10min dont be mad if your told your size is soldout even if the display is your size we wanna get off work.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

i don't work but my friend told me mac users have lower avg iq compared to pc users.

which means mac users aren't as smart.

it's true because mac made it "easy" for all these ordinary people.
people design on Macs
people code on PC's 

im sure Mac users aren't idiots... far from it, but just let that up there marinate. 

^never said they're idiots. just not as smart.

it's true though from my experience lol

Back
Top Bottom