Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been awhile since I've been on here but I just came across these on eBay and I want to know a little more info on these. Legit? What season? etc. 

I figure for most of you guys being experts would know more than me haha

these guccis are official?

y'all boys truly copping beat up kicks then eh ?

You buy beat up jeans. Is there really a difference?
cannot be serious

I'm serious. My beat up achilles look like those SLPs up there. All scratched and dirty, shoe laces yellow from spills. It didn't happen overnight though. Took months. I like the look too. I can understand wanting the same look but with a midsole that is not completely destroyed due to heel drag from all the wear. You're paying for the time it takes to distress them. Not saying that the methods they use to make shoes look "beat" is authentic because like someone else said it looks like someone sketched on them opposed to really wear them. But still, they got the intended look down and people are paying for what as evidenced in this thread.

So how is it any different than distressed jeans you buy to look like they're "beat" or have been through ****? You're paying for the distressed/grunge look. You want something that looks worn without putting the effort in to do it yourself, and at the same time you're not buying someones digusting old shoes and jeans. It's that simple. If you want to be an purist/elitist here, I expect you to hate on anyone who isn't wearing raw or basic denim as well. It's the same concept. Really not that serious.

Now we know it's not for you and you'll never understand but there is a legit explanation for you to ponder.

Last edited:
:lol: damn that's actually a great comparison

People don't like beat up/worn looking shoes but will spend hundreds on beat up looking jeans with holes in them.
Both are dope to me though :smokin

I understand the parallel but only to an extent. I treat jeans differently from kicks but I know how much significantly longer it takes for raws to end up like my SLP destroyed versus white kicks to beat up kicks.

I've logged 2.5 years on raws and ended up just with fades and zero rips. Therefore I am willing to pay the extra for SL denim. Kicks....man we can all beat down some kicks in a weekend. Miss me bro :lol:

I'm serious. My beat up achilles look like those SLPs up there. All scratched and dirty, shoe laces yellow from spills. It didn't happen overnight though. Took months. I like the look too. I can understand wanting the same look but with a midsole that is not completely destroyed due to heel drag from all the wear. You're paying for the time it takes to distress them. Not saying that the methods they use to make shoes look "beat" is authentic because like someone else said it looks like someone sketched on them opposed to really wear them. But still, they got the intended look down and people are paying for what as evidenced in this thread.

So how is it any different than distressed jeans you buy to look like they're "beat" or have been through ****? You're paying for the distressed/grunge look. You want something that looks worn without putting the effort in to do it yourself, and at the same time you're not buying someones digusting old shoes and jeans. It's that simple. If you want to be an purist/elitist here, I expect you to hate on anyone who isn't wearing raw or basic denim as well. It's the same concept. Really not that serious.

Now we know it's not for you and you'll never understand but there is a legit explanation for you to ponder.

Spot on. I got them because I get the used look without actually taking away from the life of the shoes. I can wear them for as long as I want. I have a clean pair of cps and I'm sure when they are old they will look like these but also will need to be replaced soon. You can't get new soles on sneakers.

The dirty look might also be a cultural thing. Growing up in CA it was the norm to have dirty vans or chucks.

I understand the parallel but only to an extent. I treat jeans differently from kicks but I know how much significantly longer it takes for raws to end up like my SLP destroyed versus white kicks to beat up kicks.

I've logged 2.5 years on raws and ended up just with fades and zero rips. Therefore I am willing to pay the extra for SL denim. Kicks....man we can all beat down some kicks in a weekend. Miss me bro
laugh.gif
maybe you arent doing anything in your raws to get them to fade or rip

I've logged 2.5 years on raws and ended up just with fades and zero rips. Therefore I am willing to pay the extra for SL denim. Kicks....man we can all beat down some kicks in a weekend. Miss me bro :lol:

To an extent, sure. But you have a big rotation and seem to wear your shoes lightly for a little and then sell them while they're still in good shape to buy something else. If anything, I would think a pair of kicks like this would fill a niche for you and other people with big rotations who don't want to wear the same pair of kicks for months to beat them up. You instantly have a grungy shoe in your rotation.

And, just because you treat jeans differently than kicks and it takes longer for you doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. There are probably people who wear the same pair of destroyed denim and boots everyday and one day decide they want a pair of distressed white sneakers to rock.

The SLP jeans are distressed by hand/machine, not by someone elses legs. The process may take longer than distressing a white sneaker. But it's not authentic distressing like you or someone else have personally worn them (like you wore your denim 2.5 years).

The SLP sneakers are distressed by hand/machine, not by someone elses feet. There is no difference here. We can all buy a pair of jeans and distress/fade them within a week or two. Pair of white sneakers, you right, you could probably overnight it.

But don't fool yourself, it's the same ****. You're paying for SLP to do the dirty work for you. The same way you can't fathom someone buying beat white SLP kicks, there's another person looking at your SLP distressed denim saying "why the **** would he spend $$$ on those already beat up jeans?". It's SLP though, that's why. If you knew how to distress denim, would you do it yourself or buy the SLPs? I'm sure fam knows how to beat up a pair of sneakers as well. You get it now? You're being an SLP elitist and hater at the same time lol. Your SLP jeans are fine but you don't understand literally the same concept for a sneaker.

Last edited:
I don't like worn out jeans or sneaks but I definitely see what Hennessy is getting at. Wear your pre distressed jeans with the pre distressed sneaks

I see nothing wrong with buying pre "beat" sneakers though I don't think those look beat, just that they have wear.  For the most part I like my sneakers to be in as good shape as possible but certain ones do look better after wear and aside from not personally liking the laces or studded detail on those Saint Laurent's, I like the look.

I do agree about the jeans comparison and oddly enough, I think that jeans that have those completely unnatural looking rips look awful.  What'd you do, tear the shin of your jeans open while skating?

It's a matter of opinion, some people can rationalize buying "beat" looking jeans but feel differently about sneakers and vice versa.  It's just funny when people are so set in their opinion and think they're always right that they're not willing to accept that maybe theirs isn't gospel.

Not saying I'm right but I do agree I rationalize things differently. I do not fully agree that jeans to kicks is an equal comparison but I am entitled to my opinion same as all of you are to yours.

We see differently on the matter. I respect it :lol:

Any one knows the difference in the wheat color SLP fringe sneakers that retail $645 & $795? They have both pairs on Ssense....thinking about ordering them but don't want to get the wrong shoe going the cheaper route

Any one knows the difference in the wheat color SLP fringe sneakers that retail $645 & $795? They have both pairs on Ssense....thinking about ordering them but don't want to get the wrong shoe going the cheaper route

huh?

i gotta check by what you mean

off topic

A got me wanting to try a pair of harness boots.........cant front......****

edit: 2potroast3 2potroast3 i have no freaking clue...............they look diff in color but I'm confused

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom