POST MALONE APPRECIATION

^it surprisingly is :lol: unexpected. Can't really hate on it. Sure, it's carefully done and he's clearly a vulture, but he did a pretty good job

Last edited:
this exactly why I made this thread, I keep believe we keep letting these culture vultures come in like this  
mean.gif

http://hiphopwired.com/2016/06/15/p...nd-country-did-he-use-hip-hop-to-get-popular/

Was wondering when this thread would get bumped :lol: saw this earlier, guess the tumblr image that was created for him through careful studying got him the funds and recognition he needed so he could go back to him home genre

Tumblr + Troll + OVO sound + Watered down "Trap". This is the formula Post Malone used. He had a very keen sense of how this would be successful.

This type of rap is taking over the youth right now. Everybody sounds and looks exactly the same. What you have now is the Black Suburban dudes tapping into this. Lil Yachty, Lil Uzi, Rich da kid, Famous Dex, Trill Sammy, Playboi Carti, Travis Scott, Dice Soho, Ian Conner. These are some of the "Hottest" dudes bubbling right now.

View media item 2070300
View media item 2070301
View media item 2070302

View media item 2070303
View media item 2070304
View media item 2070308
View media item 2070309
View media item 2070310

Then Post Malone sees this....and runs with it.

View media item 2070311
All these lor ****** unoriginal and vultures :lol:.

As long as the album sounds like the mixtape, I dont care who is or wants to be

Tumblr + Troll + OVO sound + Watered down "Trap". This is the formula Post Malone used. He had a very keen sense of how this would be successful.

This type of rap is taking over the youth right now. Everybody sounds and looks exactly the same. What you have now is the Black Suburban dudes tapping into this. Lil Yachty, Lil Uzi, Rich da kid, Famous Dex, Trill Sammy, Playboi Carti, Travis Scott, Dice Soho, Ian Conner. These are some of the "Hottest" dudes bubbling right now.

All these lor ****** unoriginal and vultures :lol:.

Never listened to Ian Conner (thought he was Jon Connor from Aftermath honestly), but out of all these dudes listed, I think the only one who actually raps is Trill Sammy :lol: he just happens to look like the 2016 version of a B5 member. I dig Travis Scott, and Famous Dex makes some hilarious music even though he using that same flow/rhyme scheme on literally every single song. Don't care far not a single other person listed.

Probably not gonna peep the tape but that Monta song was really catchy. Just wish he would've mentioned something about "have it all" and "I'ma Warriors" in it.

Got around to checking out the new project.

Hollywood Dreams is dope as hell :lol:

Come Down shoulda been it's own track :x :x **** goes :pimp:

I thought this poser went back to country/techno until I saw tunelinks have his album up

you know I don't think it's fair whenever we talk about horrible artists out right now we always go to Yachty and co. Post Malone deserves to be listed right there w/ him. 

you know I don't think it's fair whenever we talk about horrible artists out right now we always go to Yachty and co. Post Malone deserves to be listed right there w/ him. 

Like Peep said we thought he already vultured the culture and left. Guess not.

I wouldn't say horrible just cause his last mixtape was unexpectedly good and catchy, but as far as a dude you can consider a plant/forced, most definitely

Ain't mad at this album. A lot better than I expected it to be.

Some solid tracks that'll be getting spins from me.

Last edited:
Gave dude a shot an the album aint bad at all.

I can rock with a good bit of songs on here.

He should send Fall Apart to the radio for sure.

The acceptance of this blatant culture vulture. Industry plant and culture vulture are overused words but post Malone is the poster boy for that **** :smh:

The acceptance of this blatant culture vulture. Industry plant and culture vulture are overused words but post Malone is the poster boy for that **** :smh:

What is he jackin? The way he dresses?

If dude was black then it woukd be coo to make music like this?

Im trying to understand the hate for dude. The music is actually good.

An obvious plant is an obvious plant. Most people in here have given credit that he's made some pretty good music. But a poser is a poser. It wasn't too long ago he was "giving up rap" and heading back to his country/techno stuff after siphoning money from rap. Now he's back with an album with a handful of rappers on it. People have said the same about Travis Scott, Drake, and Asap Rocky.

Back
Top Bottom