Police Appreciation Thread

Military is just as flawed, if not more, there is no process to getting accepted to a majority of entry level military units. As most would say in recruiting, as long as they have a heart beat (*This was before the "recession").

The only difference is that the military has an "enemy" that through media bias has been force feed down America's gullet. So they are seen as hero's, which a lot are, but there are military personell that are committing heinous crimes overseas that are overlooked because the person that is the victim is not American. Corruption, rape and murder, it all happens on foreign soil, yet they get a hero's welcome.

Police don't have that luxury, their "enemy" isn't foreign, the people they are sworn to protect are the same that will turn against them. Are some Police corrupt? Yes. Do some commit crimes? Yes. However, it is a small percentage. It's a cruel world, innocent people are and will always be collateral damage.

No amount of training can suppress human nature.

Popo get no luv from me after falsifying documents on me a couple years back. I care not when bad stuff happens to them

Police are flawed, military is flawed, government is flawed,.nba is rigged..... What else you y'all hate? Health care? Doctors! Firemen? Just come out with it.....

Last edited:
Military is just as flawed, if not more, there is no process to getting accepted to a majority of entry level military units. As most would say in recruiting, as long as they have a heart beat (*This was before the "recession").

The only difference is that the military has an "enemy" that through media bias has been force feed down America's gullet. So they are seen as hero's, which a lot are, but there are military personell that are committing heinous crimes overseas that are overlooked because the person that is the victim is not American. Corruption, rape and murder, it all happens on foreign soil, yet they get a hero's welcome.

Police don't have that luxury, their "enemy" isn't foreign, the people they are sworn to protect are the same that will turn against them. Are some Police corrupt? Yes. Do some commit crimes? Yes. However, it is a small percentage. It's a cruel world, innocent people are and will always be collateral damage.

No amount of training can suppress human nature.

Agreed, for the most part. I do believe that a lot of precincts are just toxic to well-intentioned young officers. I think there's a lot of corner cutting and quota filling cops who are afraid of getting their hands dirty. I mean the large majority of our prisons populations are in there for narcotic charges. Entire police-interest groups lobby to keep the war on drugs raging, even though we all know it just makes drugs that much more prevalent.

I mean between for profit prisons and the amount of non-violent offenders in jail, I have to say that police irresponsibility is much more rampant than we're lead to believe. Our courts are congested predominantly with narcotics cases, and our police forces perpetuate that.

Last edited:
Lol, y'all hate the police because of speeding tickets and rap videos. That's fact
indifferent.gif

Bash on cops for stupid **** they do, but glorify organized crime... don't get it.
Metropolitan Police Departments across the nation are the most prevalent and archetypal criminal organizations in our society, not "Avon Barksdale" or "Big Meech" as the media and politicians have led the average joe to believe.  Those of you think the rate of corruption within these departments is "1%" are simply naive.

Good police vs bad police is in the same bracket as good politician vs bad politician,theres no such thing as a good police officer when the whole system that they work under and laws that they enforce are flawed,rotten at its core and on top of that they themselves acknowledge it but make no effort to change one thing about it.

That's why I'm quick to tell anyone who likes to slyly excuse,for whatever reasons,police officers,people in the military,people who just do a service as their profession,that" THEY CHOSE THAT JOB AND WHATEVER THAT COMES ALONG WITH IT,GOOD OR BAD".I've got all type of remarks from people because of that,the usual "Their putting their lives on the line for you" when it comes to the military and my responce is "Their not in Iraq fighting for me nor my rights" if that's the case I need em here in the good ol USA to help fight what's going on.

It boils down to a good person is a good hearted person no matter what they are or do but in this day and age it's like rolling the dice on whether or not you are lucky enough to come across one or not.

all it takes is 2 out of 20 bad cops to ruin the situation.

best part is 90% of them will even know of wrongdoings and remain quiet under their code.

much like dorner talked about. and they will lie to protect each other.

There are good cops but I expect nothing but the worse from them. If we had a better checks and balance in place for police then maybe.

Last thing commending cops for doing their job is silly. Going above and beyond is one thing but to me it's the equivalent of calling a soldier brave, and all the sacrifices they made when deep down I know at least 5 people who couldn't get a job and had nothing better to do, or just wanted a ride for college.

black male. It's not hard to stay off cops radars. just don't do stuff you shouldn't be doing. that's all I've ever done and I've never been in trouble with the law.
Assuming you live in Atlanta...

You're in a city full of black people.

Of course you wouldnt be on a ops radar.

One of the main things that made me feel a way about cops, I do plain clothes security at Walmart. One night, a subject who I stopped why trying to steal iPhone covers pulls out his knife on me. He never flips out the blade, just pulls out the knife then runs. So I call the cops and the one that arrives to take the report just keeps saying how he wishes that I had a gun so I coulda killed the guy so it would be one less mf that he had to deal with. What kinda attitude is that?

Last edited:
Assuming you live in Atlanta...

You're in a city full of black people.

Of course you wouldnt be on a ops radar.

I lived there for most of my life but now I'm in Rhode Island and still haven't had any issues. I've traveled all around the country and never had an issue. I think most of the issues people have with cops are self imposed, its just easier to blame the cops.

I have been one to experience both really good cops, and than those sinister slimeballs. Had a cop stop me because I was the only white person in a group of black people during my college years and frisked me and all and I said that it was illegal he looked at me saying I'm lucky he doesn't arrest me for disorderly conduct. On the other hand, a cop saved my life once.

Back
Top Bottom