Polar Vortex Will Bring Sub Zero Temps to Over 50million Americans vol 100+ Car Pileup on i35 in Ft Worth- Be Safe Bros

Welp....already getting some reports of power outages. They say power is being restored as soon as possible. May as well go ahead and wrap up for the night.

6 degrees, feels like -14, up from the low of -21

I gavent heard of any power outages locally that could be deadly. OKC has a huge unhoused population, I hope they found shelter

1DFE6520-0CA3-4B4B-A67F-FC38E32A6EDE.png

Seems like Toronto won’t get the worst of this storm but we’ll see tomorrow evening.

15 degrees here in Austin, but apparently the windchill makes it closer to feeling like 0. Still got some shopping to do though.

I snowboarded before in -20 with -35 wind chill temps let’s just say that I literally declothed as soon as we stepped into the house and jumped into the indoor hot tub in my boxers.

Yeah this sucks. :lol: I’m not really messing with outside right now longer than 5 minutes.

So I'm hearing it's a bad idea to warm your car up before driving it? So many people (nearly everybody) does just the opposite of that. Oh well, not going anywhere today anyways.

So I'm hearing it's a bad idea to warm your car up before driving it? So many people (nearly everybody) does just the opposite of that. Oh well, not going anywhere today anyways.

:lol: I think this is an environmental issue. Its actually not good for your vehicle to drive it immediately after starting in extreme cold, especially if you do not have a block heater. Fluids need to warm up, ect. In the oilpatch, there are some older model diesels that they just run all night rather than risk turning off and not starting again in the morning.

That said, 5-10 minutes typically works, while that usually wont allow for your cab heater to warm the inside enough.

We hit -70f here last night with windchill. But it's Canada so keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom