please tell me something good about these: EQT CRAZY 2000 (KOBE) PIXXX

FINALLY Got my 2 pairs of Navy/whites yesterday. I owned the original navy/whites with the FYW technology(anybody remember the rubber Feet You Wear logokeychain that came free with the OGs?) I remember kobe wore the navy/whites and antoine walker wore the black/whites their rookie year(this; a time when kobewasn't getting much playing time, and antoine walker was a beast...yes there was a time that antoine walker wasn't an overweight/overpayed player whodidn't just hoist up flat footed three pointers and was actually a force in the paint.)

The retroes are almost identical to the OGs with exception of the FYW foot face logo. Even though Adidas got sued for FYW and can no longer carry the FYW LOGO,these shoes still have what LOOKS AND FEELS like "feet you wear" technology. Performance wise, the grip on the sole is amazing for anyone who playsindoor or outdoor ball, and the shoes are extremely lightweight as well. The cushioning feels AMAZING(more comfortable than anything nike/Jordan brand hasreleased in the past few years). I also like the way that my retroes came laced...not the typical X laceing.
With a retail price of $100.00 these shoes CANT BE BEAT. I would have easily paid $150 retail and still have copped 2 pair.

THIS SHOE IS A MUST COP FOR TRUE SHOE HEADS. STupid hypebeast/newbie mofos think these shoes are whack and are probably too young to remember these shoes...soget them while those idiots still think these shoes are ugly. You wont be sorry.

Grails of my collection:
Foamposite One penny-royal blue
Jordan XI concord retro
Adidas Top ten 2000 retro navy/white
Jordan XIII Bred

has anyone seen these in SoCal yet? I've checked a few places and they have no idea what I'm talking about...

how do these run? I wear a 9.5 in the crazy 8's and the crazy 1's... should i get a 9.5 in these as well?

These fit true to size, and people with wider feet will appreciate that the toebox area is wider than typical basketball shoes. I wear a 10.5 in Nike/Jordanbrand and the 10.5's in these feel great.

I posted a quick review of the sneakers after wearing them around the house on carpet, and after DSing them outside, I can give a better update on the feel ofthese shoes. First of all, in my previous post, I said that the feet you wear technology felt exactly the same as the OG's, however after wearing theretroes on different surfaces(concrete, hardwood), I feel that these have a less drastic and dramatic "feet you wear" feel than the originals. Iremember that in the originals, the shape of balls on the sole which mimic the balls on human's feet were more pronounced. Otherwise, everything else iscomparable with the OG's. These dont crease easily either, after wearing them out for the day(and inside the house) the shoes still look DS and no creasesshow whatsoever. These are Beautifully made retroes...THANK YOU ADIDAS!!!

Apparently Adidas is releasing 10 colorways of the top ten 2000 this summer.

Going to play in mine tonight. I have been sitting on them for two weeks, but it is time. I will post a full review tomorrow here and in the reviews section.

First off, for those who haven't read one of my reviews, I am a 5'10" pg/sg, 200 lb., strongshooting, take off the dribble and dish or score, used to play lock-down defense, but I am getting old now, so I have to conserve my energy. My currentrotation is: AZK1, Zoom 95, Zoom 96, LB4, AJ XXI, T-Mac 6, Crazy 8, Uptempo (Duke).

This review was one of the hardest I have done. I wanted extremely to love this shoe, have great feel andplayability, and fit like a glove. Some parts fell in line, others just fell.

I have played three league games and two days of pickup, total of about 8 hours time.

Fit/Comfort- 8.5/10. I know adidas are cut wider than most Nike's but these are extremely roomy in theforefoot. On top of that, the laces are set wider than normal and with only one lace loop, makes for a fit that is hard to snug up. adidas attempted to negatethis problem with the use of an elastic strap across the forefoot, but this only helps if you can actually get the laces to tighten up. On the plus side, thisproblem got better after the third game, as the stiff nu-buck started becoming more pliable. Still feel some movement, but it is very minimal now. For those ofyou who are old enough to remember the insides of mid-90's shoes, you will appreciate the plush inner liner in the heel and ankle area. It is softcotton/synthetic materials with a corduroy-like feel, although softer, running vertical along the ankle. Dense padding takes care of ankle snugness. Unlike theforefoot, the fit along the midfoot and ankle tightens up nicely with some traditional laceholes added on. I felt absolutely no heel slip, even beforere-tightening midway through my firs wearing.

Cushion/Response-8.5/10. This is the area I was confused about. I loved the old feet you wear like these, RealDeal, 2010, etc. To me, the Crazy 8 was an aberration, looking like FYW from the side, but flat on the bottom. I want bumps!!!!! These deliver on the premise,with a large foot bump under you ball, pinky ball, lateral side arch, and one large piece under the heel. The heel piece, although rounded, felt extremelystable. The feel of FYW is unlike any other shoe. I have heard some compare this idea to being a precursor to Nike Free, and while the general ideas may soundalike, the concepts developed are entirely different. Whereas the Free is made to flex to strengthen tendons and muscles, the 2000 is made to flex, cut, andbend like a foot in lateral motion. The FYW allows the shoe to flex with the foot to protect the foot and stay stabile through a variety of lateral andvertical movement. Transition seems weird, but after a couple of runs, the foot works with the sole, almost melding into one. The cushion tech I believe issimple EVA, because if there is adiprene, it is unnoticeable. It is definitely close to the floor, lending to stability, but responsiveness is better in theZoom 95 and 96. I felt no jarring from landings, and my feet never hurt, but some responsiveness would have been nice.

Traction/Performance-9.5/10. This shoe saved adidas basketball for me in the 90's, and today I am stillsurprised. Traction is greatness, provided by large scale herringbone on the FYW pods and toe area. Adidas users know how traction has been lately, but thesehad no slip whatsoever, getting me in front of slashers all day long. Both my courts are indoor and fairly clean, so take it for that. If anyone cares. I haveminimal creasing and no busted stitches, and the bottoms show no wear.

I was prepared to be blown away again by FYW, like I was with the Zoom 95, but for some reason, it just neverboomed. Don't get me wrong, I love that they retro'd these, and I highly recommend them (matter of fact, I am going next week to get the blk/whitepair). If you have never tried FYW, try these for the full effect. They are probably the best adidas out right now, and if the Zoom 95 never came out, thesemay be my favorite to ball in. One other thing; these shoes show no form of mechanical midfoot support, so heavier people may have a problem with this.

Thanks Duke!!! i remember these from way back when.. i'm glad they retro'd these bad boys too!!!

anybody care to share what the other colorways are?

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that we got both colorways of the 2000s at the shop that I work at today. Heres some more pics of them:

0711_adidas_toptenblack.jpg

0711_adidas_toptennavy.jpg

Both are out now and are $100 each. If you guys need sizes PM or hit me up, we do phone orders too. Info is below.

www.puristboutique.com
(408) 920-6603

So these have only shown up at some Footactions??? I'm in SoCal and am looking all over and haven't seen them. I need to cop the bl/white pair.

Great review Duke. There are a lot of people on NT and ISS that have no idea what they're talking about but you're right on point. I haven't playedin my top ten 2000 retroes yet but the traction seems amazing just from casual wear. I'm hoping that after breaking these bad boys in, the responsivenesswill improve in the soles. My current hoops shoes are Jordan bred 13's and zoom 96's and you're right; the responsiveness in the zoom air on the96's is noticeable from the minute you put the shoes on, and improves with play. I wasn't going to cop on the zoom 95's but I'm going to givethem a try since you seem to think they're good for hoopin in. How do the zoom 95's compare to the OG's??? And again, great review on the top ten2000's.

Iamdavid, I actually like the Zoom 95 better for playing in. The only downside is the ankle doesn't quite lock down like the 96, but the material aroundthe ankle is stiffer, so it has more support to me. The Zoom in the 96, as you know, is bouncy, but the 95 is the stiffer, more responsive type. That said, Ihave to add I loved the way the pods compressed and bounced back in the 2000. I wore one on one foot, the 95 on the other, and the 95 was lower to the ground,but the forefoot pods compressed and almost had a bounce to them. I don't remember the OG's very well, but this feature helped a little withresponsiveness (although an adiprene insert would have been nice).

duke4005,

are they true to size?

I need to get a pair online, but don't want to go wrong with sizing.

Usually wear 10 in Jordan's... 9.5 in Kobe's... 9 in adidas porsche design's

True. I wear a 10.5 in Zoom 95, T-Mac VI, LB4, and AZK1, but an 11 in the Zoom 96. I bought these in a 10.5, and the toebox seems short, but the 11 was toolong and wide.

Crap eastbay sold out of size 12. Smh at myself for waiting. Do you think I can stock locate a pair of size 12 at Footaction? I'm in SoCal btw. Anyone gotthe Footaction SKU? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom