Please lock.

Aside from the amateur comment he didn't say anything that isn't true. Manny doesn't seem to have the same snap on his punches and he did seem to be winded as the fight went on.

Andre ward lost his arbitration again. Maybe he will fight this year.

:smh: is this the 3rd or 4th time? I lost count. Does he not realize by now that his division, let alone the sport does not revolve around him? Everyone significant in his division has a fight lined up.

Goosen isn't Bob Arum and has been pretty fair to Dre as far as I can see.

He's been EXTREMELY good to him. He was stupid to do it the first time around and now just looks more idiotic. You take a kid like that and do what Goosen did for him, how can you have anything negative to say?

Great read on Paul :pimp:

:\ I miss P-Will, boxing's landscape would be drastically different if he was still around.

He was scheduled to fight Canelo right?

Gyaaaaaaad damn I would've loved to have seen that one.

I'mma go ahead and say it, as much as I love Floyd he wanted no part of a Paul Williams bout, no sir. I'm not saying Floyd would lose that one but I'm not saying he'd be a shoo-in to win either.

Sergio did him filthy tho :x....

Last edited:
Floyd Mayweather: "Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley fought like amateurs"

The Pacman regained the WBO Welterweight title by decisively out pointing the formerly undefeated fighter, while showing the entire fight community that the he could win at the elite level by showcasing his ability to box proficiently.

Despite receiving much acknowledgement from most fight scribes and ringside experts for his dominant showing against the previously unbeaten fighter, the best pound for pound fighter in the world wasn't too impressed with either fighter's performance on April 12th.

"You know, I hadn't seen Pacquiao fight in years," claims Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"I've seen highlights, but I haven't seen Pacquiao since before Miguel Cotto. But I actually did watch his last fight with Tim Bradley, and I thought that he deserved congratulations. He was the better man."

"But as far as Bradley, whoever he's working out with, they have to make a lot of changes because he's lifting too many weights. I think he's more worried about how he looks when he get on the scale instead of how he performs inside that ring. I thought that Bradley went out there and fought his heart out, but I think he was pulling a lot of shots like an amateur."

"I think he was making a lot of mistakes and he was very fatigued early on. I think that he was making a lot of mistakes, falling off balance and fighting like an amateur."

"I think both fighters fought like amateurs. I thought Pacquiao fought like an amateur also, and I wasn't pleased with his performance, but he got the victory the best way he knows how, but I wasn't pleased with his performance and I'm seeing something totally different in Pacquiao."

The technically gifted fighter claims that Manny Pacquiao hasn't been the same since his former conditioning coach, Alex Ariza, left Team Pacquiao and began working with Robert Garcia's stable of fighters at the Garcia Boxing Academy in Oxnard, California.

"I just don't see the same pop in Pacquiao's shots," states the pound for pound king of boxing. "Once again, I'm not saying that this guy is doing anything, but I don't see the same snap in his shots. He's getting tired when he wasn't getting tired before. I'm seeing something totally different...whereas me, I'm still sharp, I'm still smart, and I'm not getting fatigued."

"I don't know if you guys see it, but that's what I see."

Now that the world renowned conditioning expert is working with his next opponent, Marcos Maidana, is Floyd concerned about "El Chino's" power?

"Well, Maidana punches extremely hard if he has an 80 percent knockout ratio. That's obviously his best attribute. But a lot of times when a guy's swinging a lot of big shots and they're not landing, you get fatigued like that."

"Although I'm sure Maidana punches hard, I may be the hardest puncher that he's ever fought. He hasn't been hit by me yet, so we'll just have to see if he's the harder puncher in the ring on May 3rd."

Mayweather's my dude, but he's gotta quit with the steroid accusations unless something more concrete comes out. Regardless if he did them or not, people are obviously willing to overlook that, so you're in a lose-lose situation until you finally take the fight.

Mayweather's my dude, but he's gotta quit with the steroid accusations unless something more concrete comes out. Regardless if he did them or not, people are obviously willing to overlook that, so you're in a lose-lose situation until you finally take the fight.

He's got a point however. But you're right, Ariza is gone, the pop is gone, Manny has been taking VADA testing his past two bouts,

but the ball is still in Manny's court.....

It's up to Manny whether or not he wants to fight Floyd or re-up with Arum. Schaefer is just not going to do business with Arum even if DLH is ready to.

And Arum is a dickhead in his own right.

Last edited:
"I just don't see the same pop in Pacquiao's shots," states the pound for pound king of boxing. "Once again, I'm not saying that this guy is doing anything, but I don't see the same snap in his shots. He's getting tired when he wasn't getting tired before. I'm seeing something totally different...whereas me, I'm still sharp, I'm still smart, and I'm not getting fatigued."
Pretty difficult to sense if he's insinuating or not because it's in text but I didn't get the sense that he was implying steroids.

He's got a point however. But you're right, Ariza is gone, the pop is gone, Manny has been taking VADA testing his past two bouts,

but the ball is still in Manny's court.....

It's up to Manny whether or not he wants to fight Floyd or re-up with Arum. Schaefer is just not going to do business with Arum even if DLH is ready to.

And Arum is a dickhead in his own right.

Yeah, I mean he's got a point, but it's moot. Someone's gotta grab Manny and force him to sign with GBP or Al Haymon, Top Rank doesn't have a good enough stable for 5 more fights, having to fight Marquez for a 5th time should tell him that.

Pretty difficult to sense if he's insinuating or not because it's in text but I didn't get the sense that he was implying steroids.

What do think Mayweather was implying as a reason for Pacquiao's decline?

I didn't think he implied anything other than he's not who he used to be. Again, I might not be reading it in the context he said it, just saying I didn't get that sense.

Manny left that up in the air and helped feed peoples suspicions. it's his own damn fault. He had a chance to do random blood testing and shut people up. He ran from it. so there will always be a cloud of suspicion around his rise up the weight class.

Are you guys sure Manny participated in Vada random testing for Bradley rematch? I was told that was negotiated out by Arum and co, before the fight.

Last edited:
Manny left that up in the air and helped feed peoples suspicions. it's his own damn fault. He had a chance to do random blood testing and shut people up. He ran from it. so there will always be a cloud of suspicion around his rise up the weight class.

Are you guys sure Manny participated in Vada random testing for Bradley rematch? I was told that was negotiated out by Arum and co, before the fight.

yeah you're right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-...esting-fervor-rematch-tim-142900219--box.html

He took the VADA testing for the Rios bout but the NSAC handled the testing for Pacquiao, I believe however that Bradley opted voluntarily to be tested by VADA.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/329069-tim-bradley-6

Bang, I mean hey....We're not supposed to read in between the lines but that's some fishy **** right there.

I can't fault Floyd for his stance. This is already a dangerous sport, no room for PEDs.

W/E though, Floyd's legacy is intact. It's Manny who has a cloud over him, not Floyd. The burden of responsibility is upon him. He lost to JMM, he's the one not willing to consistently undergo VADA testing, he's the one who allows Arum to sock-puppet him.

Floyd is right there in the waiting. Manny can disassociate himself with Arum, he doesn't have to re-up. He can take the VADA testing, he can do everything asked of him if he wants Floyd, which really isn't all that much.

Just don't sign that extension and allow yourself to be tested by VADA. It's that simple.

His move...

Last edited:
Lastly, I can't really blame Manny fans and boxing casuals for pinning this on Floyd.

HBO, Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant have been slandering Floyd for a while. Half-baking the story, and really not being equally as critical of Manny.

ESPN too, people watch Manny on First Take, and they hear him say "I'm ready" and they hear Skip Bayless' nonsense and then I mean with all due respect Stephen A Smith didn't exactly call Manny's BS when he had him on the hotseat.

Even Dan Rafael plays favorites.

A lot of vested interest in propping up Manny as the protagonist in all this. Floyd's accepted the heel role so to speak, but at the same time he's been sincere. He's a talented boxer, an all-time great but at the same time he cares about his well-being and he should. There really is no room for PEDs.

If Lampley and HBO are going to be critical of JMM after his KO of Manny, his change in physique, the sudden surge of power, why not be equally critical of Manny not willing to consistently test via VADA? Lampley is over there big upping VADA but never puts Manny Pacquiao and VADA in the same sentence.

It's all politics. And the boxing pundits are leading the casual public astray. That's why when you click open an ESPN or Yahoo article on Floyd, like the Clippers articles today, the top comments are Floyd slander.

In the long-run, its irresponsible is what it is. They're sullying the legacy of an all-time great for their own ulterior motives, and people don't see that. Floyd's fought a whose who in terms of opponents yet people still say he cherry-picks his opponents. Manny fights the same guys over & over, guys Floyd has beaten handily and it's "he's the best ever", "Floyd's scared".

C'mon...

Last edited:
A lot of vested interest in propping up Manny as the protagonist in all this. Floyd's accepted the heel role so to speak, but at the same time he's been sincere. He's a talented boxer, an all-time great but at the same time he cares about his well-being and he should. There really is no room for PEDs.

If that's the case, Floyd should come out and say he doesn't want to fight Pac because he thinks he did some type of PED and he doesn't want to endanger his health. Why tell Manny he has to beat Bradley, Marquez, then sign elsewhere to start talking about the fight?

In the long-run, its irresponsible is what it is. They're sullying the legacy of an all-time great for their own ulterior motives, and people don't see that. Floyd's fought a whose who in terms of opponents yet people still say he cherry-picks his opponents. Manny fights the same guys over & over, guys Floyd has beaten handily and it's "he's the best ever", "Floyd's scared".

Who has Manny fought repeatedly that Floyd has beaten aside from Marquez?

Also, we're gonna act like Maidana wasn't cherry-picked?

I'm not even a Manny stan, but man you've gotta put aside your bias and realize BOTH fighters and their camps are at fault here. Manny didn't want drug testing, Floyd wanted a bigger purse than Manny, Arum is a douche, and the list goes on.

I think if Manny called himself "The Best Ever" then you'd see a lot more criticism directed at him. LeBron never even said he was better than Jordan, at least not to my knowledge, and he gets criticized worse than Floyd :lol:. At least Floyd said he's the best, so the criticism is somewhat understandable.

Last edited:
Lastly, I can't really blame Manny fans and boxing casuals for pinning this on Floyd.

HBO, Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant have been slandering Floyd for a while. Half-baking the story, and really not being equally as critical of Manny.

ESPN too, people watch Manny on First Take, and they hear him say "I'm ready" and they hear Skip Bayless' nonsense and then I mean with all due respect Stephen A Smith didn't exactly call Manny's BS when he had him on the hotseat.

Even Dan Rafael plays favorites.

If Lampley and HBO are going to be critical of JMM after his KO of Manny, his change in physique, the sudden surge of power, why not be equally critical of Manny not willing to consistently test via VADA? Lampley is over there big upping VADA but never puts Manny Pacquiao and VADA in the same sentence.

It's all politics. And the boxing pundits are leading the casual public astray. That's why when you click open an ESPN or Yahoo article on Floyd, like the Clippers articles today, the top comments are Floyd slander.

C'mon...

Have all my reps bro

Both guys are at fault to a certain extent, but the biggest reason this wasn't done was because of bob arum. Seems to me like manny just goes with what his people tell him and doesn't think for himself.

Both guys are at fault to a certain extent, but the biggest reason this wasn't done was because of bob arum. Seems to me like manny just goes with what his people tell him and doesn't think for himself.

This has been obvious for a while. There was that article a while back about how broke manny really is. That his "people" take all of his money and he never says no to anyone. Just hands out money...hence the giant entourage of leaches. The one thing you can say about manny is that dude is a fighter. He always has been. People wonder why he is way more well liked then floyd (minus the obvious, floyds arrogance), in the ring, manny was always the guy willing to get hit to land some shots. He has wars under his belt. He was a buzz saw coming up and really fun to watch. Dude has the heart of a champion. Floyd has the brain of a champion. That also is why people find it hard to believe that manny would duck anyone. He has no reason too...unless you believe he is on roids.

But i completely agree with you that Arum probably has more to do with the fight never happening then either fighter. I've seen the stupid face to face things on hbo. Where manny just constantly says "i am going to give it my best" "thank god and jesus" "i will show up and fight for jesus". He really doesn't seem very business savvy....just wants to get in the ring. I mean the 24-7s they do are basically a glorified freddie roach show

folks are saying this was posted to floyds IG and then removed.....

nerd.gif

I thought I heard Floyd correctly when he said something about Miss Jackson having twins on the all access show. perhaps it was true about her getting an abortion.

Back
Top Bottom