Please lock.

Canelo vs Lara July 12th

pimp.gif
Nice. I happen to be going to Vegas that weekend. 
smokin.gif

golden boy puts on better undercards because they have a deeper stable then top rank so can do that. and showtime is paying them top dollar so they can afford it.

what makes me more pissed if all these fights getting put on PPV. they better stack the hell out of lara VS canelo

I disagree that GB has a better stable.

Manny Pacquiao, Timothy Bradley, Miguel Cotto, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Sergio Martinez, Gennady Golovkin, Ruslan Provodnikov, Mike Alvarado, Jean Pascal, Lucian Bute, Bam Bam Rios, Mikey Garcia, the Klitschko brothers, Juan Manuel Marquez, Andre Ward, Nonito Donaire, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Sergey Kovalev, Bermane Stiverne, Chris Arreola, Danny Geale,Terence Crawford, Carl Froch, James Kirkland.

Floyd Mayweather, Canelo Alvarez, Marcos Maidana, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner, Lucas Matthysse, Adonis Stevenson, Peter Quillin, Amir Khan, Leo Santa Cruz, Erislandy Lara, Paulie Malignaggi, Zab Judah, Bernard Hopkins, Keith Thurman, Austin Trout, Chad Dawson, Shawn Porter, Devon Alexander, Robert Guerrero, Curtis Stevens.

I would say that Showtime has the bigger headlining names (Floyd and Canelo over Manny and.......).

But in terms of those second-tier guys? HBO has a crapload. They just REFUSE to put them on undercards of PPVs.

You're telling me they CAN'T put Rios/Alvarado II, Ruslan/Bradley, Golovkin/Rosado, Cotto/Rodriguez, Kovalev/Cleverly in front of main events? Because they put guys like that on cards on Showtime.

Putting Danny Garcia/Lucas Matthysse on that Canelo/Floyd undercard was a huge step in the right direction by Showtime. I really liked that they put names on their undercard. HBO historically has never done that. You tell me the last time they had a boxer in the caliber of Danny Garcia on an undercard. I'll wait. Let alone against another big name.

Khan V Collazo and Broner V Molina aren't fights of that caliber, but at least those guys are boxing on the damn card.

JapanAir you're not 100% right with the top rank fighters. Off the top of my head I'm certain you're wrong regarding cotto, ward

and jmm.
Edit* and gamboa

Edit number 2, the tr website does indeed list jmm as their fighter, but NOT martinez, cotto, ward or gamboa.

And I disagree, GB fighters are way better, plus way more possibilities and potential

Last edited:
JapanAir you're not 100% right with the top rank fighters. Off the top of my head I'm certain you're wrong regarding cotto, ward

and jmm.
Edit* and gamboa

Edit number 2, the tr website does indeed list jmm as their fighter, but NOT martinez, cotto, ward or gamboa.

And I disagree, GB fighters are way better, plus way more possibilities and potential

I think its a HBO vs Showtime list. but even then it is still a bit off. :lol: anyway I get his point. HBO vs Showtime looks pretty even if you ask me.

golden boy puts on better undercards because they have a deeper stable then top rank so can do that. and showtime is paying them top dollar so they can afford it.

what makes me more pissed if all these fights getting put on PPV. they better stack the hell out of lara VS canelo

I disagree that GB has a better stable.

Manny Pacquiao, Timothy Bradley, Miguel Cotto, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Sergio Martinez, Gennady Golovkin, Ruslan Provodnikov, Mike Alvarado, Jean Pascal, Lucian Bute, Bam Bam Rios, Mikey Garcia, the Klitschko brothers, Juan Manuel Marquez, Andre Ward, Nonito Donaire, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Sergey Kovalev, Bermane Stiverne, Chris Arreola, Danny Geale,Terence Crawford, Carl Froch, James Kirkland.

Floyd Mayweather, Canelo Alvarez, Marcos Maidana, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner, Lucas Matthysse, Adonis Stevenson, Peter Quillin, Amir Khan, Leo Santa Cruz, Erislandy Lara, Paulie Malignaggi, Zab Judah, Bernard Hopkins, Keith Thurman, Austin Trout, Chad Dawson, Shawn Porter, Devon Alexander, Robert Guerrero, Curtis Stevens.

I would say that Showtime has the bigger headlining names (Floyd and Canelo over Manny and.......).

But in terms of those second-tier guys? HBO has a crapload. They just REFUSE to put them on undercards of PPVs.

You're telling me they CAN'T put Rios/Alvarado II, Ruslan/Bradley, Golovkin/Rosado, Cotto/Rodriguez, Kovalev/Cleverly in front of main events? Because they put guys like that on cards on Showtime.

Putting Danny Garcia/Lucas Matthysse on that Canelo/Floyd undercard was a huge step in the right direction by Showtime. I really liked that they put names on their undercard. HBO historically has never done that. You tell me the last time they had a boxer in the caliber of Danny Garcia on an undercard. I'll wait. Let alone against another big name.

Khan V Collazo and Broner V Molina aren't fights of that caliber, but at least those guys are boxing on the damn card.

Half those guys ant under top rank you listed, also why would top rank host a card eith there fighters and put another comanys fighters on it?

IMO
HBO boxing after dark >>> Shobox
Showtime PPV >>> HBO PPV

This is because of shady Bob Arum. When he was asked about the weak undercards he said
In theory, yes, it makes sense to say, let's go get a lot of good, interesting fights and put them on the undercard, but the truth is - and I've been doing this a long, long time - 90 percent of the people don't want to see the undercard and don't care about it.

Really? 90%? Did you also know that 73.6 percent of statistics are made up.

Arum doesn't make decisions off of what is good for the sport. Decisions are made off of what is best for his wallet. Why not take a fight or two that would normally be the boxing after dark main even and add it to the PPV. Now you can justify the ridiculous $75 price tag, give your "B" fighters more exposure, and introduce your up and coming fighters on the weekly broadcast.

/rant

He could've at least tried to pretend like Vargas and Khabibw are rising stars and that Beltran is always exciting. Instead he told us openly that he put on a POS undercard. :lol:

Last edited:
Meh, he kinda has a point, have a ****** undercard, pay those guys much less, still bank on the main event.

from a business stand point its pretty good bank all the way to the top but how are you going to make new stars if you are putting on the undercards and basically calling them bums!

from a business stand point its pretty good bank all the way to the top but how are you going to make new stars if you are putting on the undercards and basically calling them bums!

This is boxing we're talking about. They'll build up a new name with marketing and giveaway fights like they've been doing when they need to. The promoters run boxing

But undercards are supposed to usher in the new wave. What does Arum do when Pac is gone? This is why he fights the same dude 5 times. No one else has been developed to be a household name.

No no, I agree he shouldn't of called the bums, but my point is that business wise it works for him and people watch anyway (like he said).

It's strange to think that Pacquiao has fought on the Undercard of a Mayweather fight when both were with TR.

Last edited:
Alvarez vs. Lara is a great fight, but not PPV worthy, in my opinion.  I like Erislandy's boxing ability, but I can't see him winning a close decision if it goes to the cards.

Alvarez vs. Lara is a great fight, but not PPV worthy, in my opinion.  I like Erislandy's boxing ability, but I can't see him winning a close decision if it goes to the cards.

If they stack the card like they usually do, I think it'll be worth it.

Yo, these dudes in my gym learning to jab while wearing boxing boots and Winning lace ups need to go....

:lol:

Yo, these dudes in my gym learning to jab while wearing boxing boots and Winning lace ups need to go....

:lol:

It's all their own gear? Must be nice. I've got a couple friends that use winning gloves too, but they all fight Muay Thai and/or kick boxing professionally.

I'd be interested in testing out some winning gloves though. I personally like to train with 10oz fight gloves for everything, except sparring of course.

Last edited:
They were not gym loaners. Just ridiculous that they'd pay that much, but hey, maybe they're commited.

Not all of them had Winnings either. But they definitely bought the uniform before they knew how to throw a punch.

I've tried Winnings and they are VERY nice. Word is they are the best gloves on the market.

Don't own any. Working my way back into shape so when I start sparring again, I may invest in a pair.

No need for now though.

Back
Top Bottom