Please lock.

I strongly believe that... Let's keep it 100, what has Canelo really done? Beat Austin Trout in a close decision where some people actually had Trout winning? Beat Angulo, who we now know was washed up after losing to the biggest scrub ever in James De La Rosa who almost got killed this past weekend? Get a controversial split decision over Lara? I'll take Bradley's wins over Alexander, Peterson, Ruslan, Marquez over any of Canelo's wins any day. If he beats Cotto then I'll gain a lot of respect for him, but as of now he ain't ****

I gotta agree with this canelo is overhyped. Still he's a future HOF barring any devastating ko loses pacquiao style or a string of loses

So I guess nobody here watched the Pascal fight, I didn't either but I read what happened and I will go watch now.
I saw that. What a flop :lol: :lol: don't tell me you bought it.
What happened to your boy Lundy?

That was some good acting by the guy from Argentina. I am not a Lundy fan by any stretch but I predicted he would win. Ande Ward was clearly showing favortism towards Lundy though. It was a close fight, too bad Lundy didn't turn up until the later rounds. I am sick of seeing Dulorme on my TV screen though, he's hard to watch.

Pacquiao's punch has a certain pop to it and combined with his angles makes it really awkward. Khan's hands might be faster than everyone mentioned above. Floyd's pretty fast, but he doesn't throw as many wild combinations so his handspeed isn't as easy to capture. I don't know if Floyd's hands were ever as fast as prime Judah or Pacquiao though.

Last edited:
Zab judah hand speed in hos prime > manny hand speed easy

And floyd is faster then both

That's pretty hard to compare if they aren't in the same ring.

Little stamina fighters? Canelo Alvarez future HOF Miguel cotto future HOF Juan Manuel Marquez future HOF (gave pacquiao the work) Shane Moseley future HOF. These are slow flat feet no stamina fighters? Or is Floyd just making them look that way?

Meanwhile pac man is taking on Chris algieri Brandon rios and Tim Bradley

If you read my initial post, I said, "slower and flatter". I didn't mean they were all slow and flat footed in general. No need to get so defensive.

IMO the first maidana fight was a clinic. Watch it with the sound off. Dudes were gassed because chino was letting the hands go but check the punch stats look at the replays he wasn't landing ****. The 2nd fight I agree was a C performance from Floyd but that shot he got hurt with at the end of that round would've knocked most others out. I don't think manny can eat a counter shot flush like that. Last time he did he went nite nite

Marquez has more power than Floyd. Period.

In other news, Floyd is a subjected witness to a homocide/suicide.

Last edited:
Pacquiao's punch has a certain pop to it and combined with his angles makes it really awkward. Khan's hands might be faster than everyone mentioned above. Floyd's pretty fast, but he doesn't throw as many wild combinations so his handspeed isn't as easy to capture. I don't know if Floyd's hands were ever as fast as prime Judah or Pacquiao though.

Everyone that fought Pac says his speed kills. I'll take their word for it. :smokin

Watching both of them fight, Pac's speed incorporated with his footwork and angles is very impressive!

Last edited:
IMO it's Pac's speed that's going to get Pac killed if the Mayweather fight ever happens. His overconfidence, aggression and speed, plus his porous defense is going to get him tagged repeatedly. MM is a defensive savant and his ability to adjust on the fly will really put him at an advantage. First few rounds will be wild, Pac coming in and trying to throw tons of combinations. Mayweather constantly moving. By the middle to late rounds it will look like every other Mayweather fight. Miss, miss, miss, Mayweather counter, evade. As long as the refs don't go for that old "aggression wins fights" nonsense it won't be close. In truth, even if you look at some of the closer Mayweather fights, they weren't close. If the judges had the benefit of slow motion when scoring rounds most of the fights would be landslides. Look at that defensive "highlight" vid a few posts back. Those aren't highlights. It's literally the same almost every round of every Mayweather fight. Hit and don't get hit. Rinse and repeat. We all know Pac is fast but no one ever talks about how porous his defense is when he lets his hands go. Once Mayweather adjust to Manny's combinations it's going to be the same old story. Just my opinion. And Paulie is right about A/B fights. Most knowledgeable fans know this but most fans aren't knowledgeable. Many people think 50/50 was a fair/realistic split, when in fact it never has been. The fact that Manny has lost and had some shaky fights since the original negotiations even further takes away any say Manny had. He's got to take the split, take the tests, do cartwheels, and w/e the hell else MM asks if he wants to make the fight. 

Manny's speed isn't getting him killed in a Mayweather fight. He very well may lose on points, but killed is definitely the wrong word.

Last edited:
I'm seriously worried that judges will try to **** money if it's a maidana 1 style fight. Manny throwing 80 or more punches a round and none of them connecting. Floyd landing the cleaner shots at a higher % but gets robbed because he doesn't have the power to knock manny out. Which I don't think he does.

Last edited:
Showtime card is loaded w/ talent (& mismatches).... Kamegai, Shumenov (dude who fought b-hop and has no trainer lol), Victor Ortiz, Errol Spence, Charlo twins, Mares & Thurman all fighting on the undercard... I wonder what the odds are for each fight, doing a parlay bet on all the favorites may not be a bad idea lol

Austin Trout fighting Thursday.....along with Antonio Tarver on ESPN2.

Lara back against Ishe Smith on Friday on Showtime as well.

Felix Verdejo fighting Saturday as well. Not sure where it will be televised though.

Canelo side done for May 2 just waiting on Cotto now, possibly venues for the fight, San Antonio, Dallas, Vegas or New York

I predict lots of grunting and missed combos by Alexander. I also predict Khan will forget to box and hit the floor at least once.

Khan is dumb for signing with Al Haymon. I know he wants to fight Mayweather bad, but he was on the short list of possible opponents. Now he's locked down and gave up his negotiating power.

Last edited:
Some great points made the last few pages.  repped a bunch.

I think the best part about it is that we can all agree we want to see Manny vs Floyd.  Regardless of "I think Floyd takes it easy" or "Manny's speed and angles could cause Floyd some issues"...we want to see what would occur.  Unlike how anyone wanted to see manny beat up rios and algerie.  Or floyd outclass guerrero or fight maidana again.

Any one think that whole murder suicide thing mayweather saw will effect his career.

I only get HBO would rather watch the Showtime card though. 

Back
Top Bottom