Please lock.

Canelo isn't as good as Margarito. margarita got demolished by Pac.

Canelo fought two swift boxers, got shut out by one and the other (trout) had a strong performance.

pacman would handle Canelo with angles, hand and foot speed

Pac has never fought a guy that size with speed, technique, and power. It would be a very long night for Manny.

Canelo mixes it up, he doesn't just head hunt all night. He uses the jab and works the body.

I think he's a very good fighter, but I think you're overrating the hell out of Canelo. This is the same guy who struggled with Cotto's brother. He does not have speed, lateral movement or one punch power, so not sure how it'd be difficult. It'd all depend on how much Paq has faded.

Pac has never fought a guy that size with speed, technique, and power. It would be a very long night for Manny.

Canelo mixes it up, he doesn't just head hunt all night. He uses the jab and works the body.

I think he's a very good fighter, but I think you're overrating the hell out of Canelo. This is the same guy who struggled with Cotto's brother. He does not have speed, lateral movement or one punch power, so not sure how it'd be difficult. It'd all depend on how much Paq has faded.

Young with experience, has a chin, reach advantage, weight advantage, stiff jab, works the body, throws combos.

gunna get it gunna get it Pac didn't fight a prime Margarito. Margarito was a walking punching bag. Didn't use his reach advantage because he was trying to walk Pac down. :smh:

Only good shots he landed on Pac were the body shots when he had him on the ropes.

I am definitely one of the people who doesn't believe Canelo is a great fighter

margarito was fine for that Pac fight. Pac is the one who ended his career by crushing his orbital.

Tonio is/was still a better fighter than Canelo.

Canelo would have to hope that an older and "clean" Pac's skills have diminished tremendously ( they have eroded some no doubt tho)

Canelo isn't as good as Margarito. 
indifferent.gif

:rofl:

It's not just Pacs skill it's also his willingness to fight. It's been said that Arum had to convince him to come back after the Marquez KO, and you can see that he's not quite the same guy. Rios was a tune-up fight/prop to make Pac look good, and Bradley...who the hell knows why that guy fought the way he did. :lol:

As for Margacheato he was never the same after Nazim Richardson found his hard wrappings and Mosley put the beats on him. Canelo has slow feet and fights in spurts but he would wash Margs, especially now.

Last edited:
Canelo would have crumbled under the pressure cotto put margarito under. Regardless of cement wraps. Margarito is a better offensive fighter than Canelo and has a better will and chin.

Pacman would pick Canelo apart. Canelo isn't a counter puncher and is blinded by speed

Last edited:
The funny part is what has Canelo shown that makes him a great fighter? I'm open to be enlightened. I asked how Canelo would beat Pac easily and the answer was basically based on what can't do or him slowing down. Not what Canelo does so great to dominate a top lb4lb fighter

Last edited:
Gorilla Productions is the best in the business!

But, Martinez will stop Cotto in round 10. Maravilla has the ability to really rough up MAC on the inside, just like he showed in his fight against Jr. Cotto isn't going to be able to get inside the pocket and land very many significant body shots due to the fact that Sergio always keeps his hands down. Instead of being held and smothered by Sergio, Miguel will eat a lot of hard uppercuts when he gets in close and get his face busted up in the process.

Gorilla Productions is the best in the business!

But, Martinez will stop Cotto in round 10. Maravilla has the ability to really rough up MAC on the inside, just like he showed in his fight against Jr. Cotto isn't going to be able to get inside the pocket and land very many significant body shots due to the fact that Sergio always keeps his hands down. Instead of being held and smothered by Sergio, Miguel will eat a lot of hard uppercuts when he gets in close and get his face busted up in the process.

I could bust up Cottos face in a Tempur-Pedic pillow fight though, I always feel bad for him after a fight because win or lose. He looks busted man

I could bust up Cottos face in a Tempur-Pedic pillow fight though, I always feel bad for him after a fight because win or lose. He looks busted man

Lol yeah, he swells and cuts easily, but I think this fight will be fairly one-sided, and I like Miguel a lot as a fighter. The odds just aren't in his favor.

Lol yeah, he swells and cuts easily, but I think this fight will be fairly one-sided, and I like Miguel a lot as a fighter. The odds just aren't in his favor.

I like the way he carries himself. I like Sergio too though. Definitely just rooting for a knockout or brutal distance fight. I'm thinking it gets stopped before the halfway point, Cotto takes an L

The last two times Cotto faced legit fighters at light middleweight he got worked. Now he's moving up from a division he didn't look good in to face the #1 middleweight in the world. This is an easy call.

:smh:

Ill be ordering this fight...rooting for Sergio. But looking at that GP vid, got me thinking cotto might make it competitive or at least I hope he does.

Back
Top Bottom