PLEASE LOCK PLEASE LOCK: GSWARRIORS '14/15 SEASON THREAD VOL. NBA CHAMPS!

My distain for him as a player grows with each passing game.  I don't even care about the stats anymore.  Dude does not impact the game for the amount of salary cap he eats up.  If he's the reason Green can't be resigned ....

Keep seeing Bogut/Ezeli get a pass 23 ft from the hoop.  Really don't understand it.  

Got momentum going into the 4th, lets see how the Spurs stomp that out. 

That's a charge if Draymond is wearing a Spurs jersey.

Can't tell me different. 

*****-*** punk

Even holds that t-shirt like a passive ****.

Bet its a size medium too.

Last edited:
considering we're almost at full health, the spurs were a good measuring stick for where this team is really at, and this team is far from being the contender that folks were labeling us when we came out 5-0.

-we have no interior presence on offense. was listening to the game on the radio at the gym, while watching it, and they kept harping on how we had only 1 offensive rebound. that's probably because bogut and festus get the ball at the perimeter, pass to steph/klay/or dray and just stay there...like what the hell, move the hell out the way and get to the basket for either a pass or to fight for a board. this is where the team misses david lee. nevertheless, it's crazy to think that even with no inside game, this team still shot above 50%

-Iggy is to the warriors what vernon davis is to the niners; overpaid, unproductive, and scared to play. damn it, i think the nuggets sent him to the warriors as a mole to bring this team down while destroying it's payroll

-what is it gonna take for steph to get that james harden foul call treatment??

-nice to see harrison taking more shots the past two games and hitting from outside. starting to look more confident/less clumsy with his dribble

-KLAY DA GAWD

Nah...

Spurs just outplayed us and played mistake free. That's a hard recipe to beat in the NBA.

We needed this loss. I agree w/ it being a measuring stick game. Thinking about it, I wasn't surprised the core of the spurs played if anything to knock the Warriors down a little.

I haven't really kept tabs on his track record obviously, but Diamond Leung is a very hard-working reporter. Even in my long list of people I follow he's always popping up with a new story.

Don't know if his work is always quality, however. Might be, haven't read him enough over the years.

i think kerr will play him off the bench just like he does with iggy.
them spurs put on a clinic last night :x

I never had a real problem with Lee. Other than his salary, I'd like him to stay on the team. Nothing can be done about his current contract, but I don't want him back unless he takes a significant reduction of his current deal.

I know you guys hate this but David Lee is a big park of this teams success.
I totally disagree with this.  David Lee produces below the rate of a replacement level player.  Let's address though:

SCORING

Yes, Lee scores pretty well.  But this is completely offset by his defense.  What does it matter if he scores 20 points if the person he is guarding scores 25?  Which brings us to.....

DEFENSE

It is not JUST his one on one defense.  It's not JUST that whoever he guards scores at will.  He is also horrendous with rotations and help D.  He doesn't rotate to help his teammates when he is supposed to.   And when he does rotate, more often than not, he does it when he isn't supposed to....which leaves one of his teammates in terrible position which leads to buckets.  I am not exaggerating when I say that between the 25+ points that the guy he is guarding scores a game, and the points that the opposing team scores because of the rotations issues I just described, Lee is responsible for 35+ points scored by the other team.

That completely offsets the 20 points he scores.

REBOUNDING

Now his 9+ rebounds a game look nice in a vacuum.  But is he really bodying up other big men and grabbing rebounds that a replacement level player wouldn't be getting?  I do not have last year's stats, but during Lee's first 3 years as a Warrior, the Warriors as a team grabbed a higher percentage of rebounds when David Lee was on the bench than we did when he was on the court.  There could be multiple reasons that this could be the case, but just goes to show you that his rebounding is very overstated.

PASSING

Now this is an area that David Lee excels at.  He is an excellent passing big man.  We always said we needed a big man that we could run the offense through at times, and Lee provides that.  The only problem is, we seem to be doing that exact thing with Bogut now, so where is Lee's value here?

Overall, David Lee's negatives far outweigh his positives.  And I am not even discussing his contract, which is a whole other problem in itself.  I just strictly am talking about him the player.  And him the player is someone that I strongly believe can be replaced with an average, run of the mill PF and we would suffer no drop off.  In fact, I think replacing Lee with an average offensive and defensive player would make the Warriors even better.  An AVERAGE player. 

I strongly believe the Warriors are hurt by David Lee's play more than we are helped by it.

Last edited:
What I'm saying they'res something about this team when he is healthy and in the lineup. What's their record when the whole team is healthy?

He'll do wonders for the second unit, if Kerr has the stones to bring him off the bench.

What I'm saying they'res something about this team when he is healthy and in the lineup. What's their record when the whole team is healthy?
No....what you were saying is that David Lee is a big part of this team's success......which I wholeheartedly disagree with.

Back
Top Bottom