PLEASE LOCK: NYY OFFSEASON THREAD NOW UP.

Where do the Yankees finish the Regular Season

• AL East Champs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild Card

• Miss Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
how much flexibility do we have this winter?

i know we still have some bad contracts on the books for a couple more years

got 3 dh's on the squad next year: arod, teix and beltran. Teix only because Bird must start in the majors. No more babying. Beltran doesnt belong in the field. 

He probably wouldnt approve a trade anywhere anyway but Teix should be very tradeable on the last year of his deal. Beltran too, actually. He'd be a great DH anywhere. 

Teix has a full no trade close because he's a 10/5 player.

I still put Teix at 1B. 82 games. 38 at DH.

Bird gets the other 80 and some pinch hit opportunities. A few NL games and for bottom of the order guys.

ARod 120 at DH. Teix 38 at DH. McCann 4 games.

In all honesty we need a front end starter, a right handed middle reliever and a right handed consistent bat of good avg/obp and decent power.

Last edited:
Teix has a full no trade close because he's a 10/5 player.

I still put Teix at 1B. 82 games. 38 at DH.

Bird gets the other 80 and some pinch hit opportunities. A few NL games and for bottom of the order guys.

ARod 120 at DH. Teix 38 at DH. McCann 4 games.

In all honesty we need a front end starter, a right handed middle reliever and a right handed consistent bat of good avg/obp and decent power.
i know he has a full no trade, thats why i said hes not accepting a trade anywhere probably.

we also need a right fielder, beltran should not be playing defense 

I agree on Beltran. But we're stuck with him there and nowhere else to put him.

Only way I can see them trading him is if say Jason Heyward was a reasonable possibility and I don't think he is.

Last edited:
@Joelsherman1: #Yankees just put out a statement saying Sabathia is going into alcohol rehab and will not be available to the team in postseason

woah....

Damn, CC going to rehab for drinking. That's shocking. Sucks, he's been solid for us the last few starts. Needed him for the post season.

do you guys consider tomorrow a "playoff" game?

I think it's fair to. It sucks it isn't at least a 3-game series, but with it being win or go home, it becomes that playoff label.

:wow: just got chills at the CC news.

Last edited:
It's crazy. All season he's been barking at umps and opponents which isn't like him. I thought he was gonna fight that one ump.

It's also shocking that he decided to do this now. Must be real serious. Surprised he wouldn't wait until after the post season.

This hurts us because he's been good lately and he's a vet and one of our leaders. Sucks that he's in this situation but I hope the best for his treatment.

:wow:

Did not see that coming.

Good luck to him and props to him for realizing what's most important. That had to be hard decision.

Last edited:
Being a professional athlete and having a substance abuse problem has to be tough. I have a hard time sitting at my desk if I've been drinking. Can't imagine being on a mound in front of 50,000 people hanging onto your every move.

so you'll be rooting for the stros?

2000 yankees lost 15 of their last 18...i'm not comparing the teams but baseball is a crazy sport
I'm  a Red Sox fan. Listen to this man. Anything can happen when a team catches some miracle hot streak.

Back
Top Bottom