Playground BBall habits.

The old guy whose game is worthless, but thinks he can be the team leader, barking out order and scrutinizing his teammates' shot selection. Always seems to be a former "star", with a bossy, forceful personality and a misguided confidence in his basketball IQ.

The kid who is a prodigy playing amongst other kids his own age, but is ineffective playing against grown men. Accustomed to taking Kobe-like fadeaway threes and soaking up possessions, the kid like this usually taking volumes of shots even as their shooting percentage plummets.

The smooth guy. This type of dude generally is smooth with, fluid movements, fancy ball-handling, crafty moves. But they seem to value looking smooth and effortless more than winning. This type of player rarely plays hard D, choose to make difficult plays rather than simple ones, and tries to make every pass a no-look.

- the guy who plays unnecessary defence. i don't have the ball, the ball is no where near me and he's pretty much hugging me.

what's worse about that is when i try and attempt to get free, he grabs and fouls me.. oh but that's not a foul according to his rules.

- the guy who plays unnecessary defence. i don't have the ball, the ball is no where near me and he's pretty much hugging me.

what's worse about that is when i try and attempt to get free, he grabs and fouls me.. oh but that's not a foul according to his rules.

the guy who keeps telling people what to do when he isn't even that good.

the guy who just stays at one spot when they don't have the ball. Cut to the basket or at least make your defender at least play some defense.

the guy who keeps telling people what to do when he isn't even that good.

the guy who just stays at one spot when they don't have the ball. Cut to the basket or at least make your defender at least play some defense.

bigs that have no business being outside. get your big %*! down on the block and do some work.

bigs that have no business being outside. get your big %*! down on the block and do some work.

The guy who refuses to wear a shirt and is the sweatiest, slimiest guy out there. I will not guard him. Smells like a petting zoo

The guy who refuses to wear a shirt and is the sweatiest, slimiest guy out there. I will not guard him. Smells like a petting zoo

Originally Posted by Luong1209
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dudes who call out and1 and miss

where i play you have to do this. if you call foul on a shot they don't count the point but they try to go the other way too and say you didn't call foul if you miss the shot. generally to avoid it though i'll call foul immediately after i let the ball go to avoid either argument because you can't say i wasn't shooting if the ball is already gone and you can't say and 1 isn't a foul call because i called foul.

i hate playing with dudes that played on high school teams and now think they should carry the team when playing pick up games.
i also hate playing with people who only pass to people they know.

dudes who call out and1 and miss

where i play you have to do this. if you call foul on a shot they don't count the point but they try to go the other way too and say you didn't call foul if you miss the shot. generally to avoid it though i'll call foul immediately after i let the ball go to avoid either argument because you can't say i wasn't shooting if the ball is already gone and you can't say and 1 isn't a foul call because i called foul.

i hate playing with dudes that played on high school teams and now think they should carry the team when playing pick up games.
i also hate playing with people who only pass to people they know.

Originally Posted by do work son

the guy who you beat off the dribble by half a step and he automatically wraps you up instead of attempting to play defense. and then has the nerve to mention that he'll keep doing it because he can't foul out in a pick up game

i just smile in their faces and tell them if they want to keep doing that, i'll just go ahead and keep giving them sharp hard elbows when boxing out for rebounds and when they get in my way since i can't foul out in a pick up game either.

Originally Posted by do work son

the guy who you beat off the dribble by half a step and he automatically wraps you up instead of attempting to play defense. and then has the nerve to mention that he'll keep doing it because he can't foul out in a pick up game

i just smile in their faces and tell them if they want to keep doing that, i'll just go ahead and keep giving them sharp hard elbows when boxing out for rebounds and when they get in my way since i can't foul out in a pick up game either.

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

roll.gif

The guy who is exhausted on defense but suddenly has all the energy in the world when the ball is in his hands

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

roll.gif

The guy who is exhausted on defense but suddenly has all the energy in the world when the ball is in his hands

Originally Posted by soychulo

The guy who believes it's impossible to have a clean block/steal on him. For this reason he will call something every time. Even if he finds himself patting the air a couple of times before he realizes you are 30 feet away running toward the opposite goal with the ball.

this

the dominican hack who also calls walk/traveling "running"
indifferent.gif

the smelly dude u have to guard

Originally Posted by soychulo

The guy who believes it's impossible to have a clean block/steal on him. For this reason he will call something every time. Even if he finds himself patting the air a couple of times before he realizes you are 30 feet away running toward the opposite goal with the ball.

this

the dominican hack who also calls walk/traveling "running"
indifferent.gif

the smelly dude u have to guard

Back
Top Bottom