Plantar Fasciitis pain

For plantar fasciitis, I know that most will tell you to stretch the foot, but please please refrain from over stretching it. I actually suggest try not stretching it at all during your recovery time. Over stretching is what typically causes plantar fasciitis in the first place. Put a cold compress on it, especially after any activity on your feet. You want to get down any inflammation so the healing process can begin. Blood flow is most essential for healing. The nutrients and oxygen it carries will help mend the tears in the fascia and will add elasticity and lubrication to prevent further damage. I highly recommend looking into the BFST foot wrap. It promotes circulation to help accelerate you healing, as the bodies natural ability to do this is quite slow. This is what I used to heal my foot. It got me back running in a month and half. The site with it also gives tonnes of great info on plantar fasciitis: http://kingbrand.com/Plantar_Fasciitis_Treatment.php?REF=1110PV0.00

I have also become a believer in what taping can do for Plantar Fasciitis. I didn't start taping until about 3 weeks into my treatment regime, but as soon as I did, I could feel the difference. Your plantar just feels more stabilized with it on. I love it and try to tell everyone about it!

Hope this reaches the people who also suffer from this.

Last edited:
thank you for raising awareness of this condition...

this has affected me for the last few months...i can't jump rope for more than a seconds

the podiatrist said stretch and anti-inflammatories

Last edited:
I got it. Foot been in minor pain for years.

Not as much as it did last year tho. D
I take extra long walks for stress relief.

Doc told me to stop doin that.never listened. Caught a cold,time changed and its dark outside when i get off work so i stopped creepin thru the woods......foot feels alot better

You guys try looking into shoes like Asics Kayano or Brooks Adrenaline?

Had it on and off for the last 7 years. Is it even possible for it to be healed?

I need some orthotics man

I had this same problem until I switched up my shoe game. Once I copped them used tampon foambs all my symptoms just faded into Bolivian..

Im a therapist and have been using kinesio tape , stretching and cold compress for all my plantar fasciitis for years now and it works. I also focus on calf stretching because of abnormal gait that developes due to pain and patients unable to do " toe off" and " heel strike" sequencing and causes tightness to the calf muscle.

You are very welcome. I am actually surprised at how common it is. Having experienced/seen the results first hand, I am happy to be able to share my experience in hopes of helping others. Please keep in mind, as necessary as anti-inflammatories can be, bringing down the inflammation is only one part of the treatment. You need to either rest it long enough for your body to bring in the nutrients it needs to heal (via our circulation), or accelerate it (ie. massage therapy, BFST, ultrasound, etc.).

thank you for raising awareness of this condition...

this has affected me for the last few months...i can't jump rope for more than a seconds

the podiatrist said stretch and anti-inflammatories
You are very welcome. I am actually surprised at how common it is. Having experienced/seen the results first hand, I am happy to be able to share my experience in hopes of helping others. Please keep in mind, as necessary as anti-inflammatories can be, bringing down the inflammation is only one part of the treatment. You need to either rest it long enough for your body to bring in the nutrients it needs to heal (via our circulation), or accelerate it (ie. massage therapy, BFST, ultrasound, etc.).

Had it on and off for the last 7 years. Is it even possible for it to be healed?

I need some orthotics man
Eeeee...7 years...i'm so sorry to hear that :frown: It definitely can be healed. The plantar is a hard one though because of the lack of blood flow to the area. I left it for about 7 months and if anything it just got worse. That's what made me finally do the treatment I did. Orhotics are great for preventative measures but if you do use them during, just be careful during your treatment time that they aren't stretching the plantar too much. This can cause more damage and delay the healing process more.

Having Plantar Fascitis on both feet at the same time was such a killer to walk in the morning.

powerstep-insoles.jpg

These helped me out a lot. It takes time to get used to but I went from limping to a diddy bop in a month.

ive had mine for about 7 months and its only getting worse, ive tried many insoles in the past few months and still cant find the right pair. i roll my foot on a frozen water bottle a few times a week. it doesnt help that im on me feet 60+ hours a week in steel toe boots :rolleyes

ive had mine for about 7 months and its only getting worse, ive tried many insoles in the past few months and still cant find the right pair. i roll my foot on a frozen water bottle a few times a week. it doesnt help that im on me feet 60+ hours a week in steel toe boots
eyes.gif
60+ hours a week on your feet! with plantar fasciitis! I am so sorry to hear that :frown: Because what you have been doing so far hasn't been helping (rolling on a water bottle and orthotics), I recommend changing it up a bit and see if it starts making a difference. Try no stretching whats so ever, only resting it on a frozen water bottle, and no orthotics. Orthotics are great for a lot of people, but not everyone. They may be stretching your fascia even more and preventing the healing of it.

Just got cortisone shots in my left arch. I feel like Kobe with the fro out hea. Plantar faciitis I win.

Lol. This is a pretty random thread.
I've dealt with a lot of athletes who complain about plantar fascia pain and I would definitely recommend the use of kinesio tape. If anything it helps to stabilize and support the arches of the foot and prevent further damage while helping to heal the injury. If you don't want to or don't have access to kinesio tape then I suggest that you look into tape jobs with regular athletic tape. But in my opinion kinesio tape would be more effective and also less of a hassle. Plantar fascia tape jobs can get pretty involved.

That tape is the truth. My foot is wrapped up now. It felt crazy at first but I'm on like my sixth time getting it taped so I'm kinda used to it. I heard the shot wears off after a while. With there was a more permanent option.

Has anybody ever had their PF go away or is this something people are stuck with?

As mentioned I've been dealing with a case but when jumping or running...I don't experience any pain when I'm casually walking (even after several miles).

Back
Top Bottom