Planet Earth appreciation post

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

coppin this on blu ray next week...

how many volumes are there?
volumes as in episodes? about 14

i think there's 5 discs total, each with 3 episodes except for the last disc which has 2.

david_narrowweb__300x377,0.jpg

eek.gif
watching it right now ! too bad they dont show gruesome (ex: once the wolf catches the calf, doesnt show him killing and eating it)

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

coppin this on blu ray next week...

how many volumes are there?
volumes as in episodes? about 14

i think there's 5 discs total, each with 3 episodes except for the last disc which has 2.
so im guessin that set runs for like $100?

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

eek.gif
watching it right now ! too bad they dont show gruesome (ex: once the wolf catches the calf, doesnt show him killing and eating it)
lol you dont be feeling bad? i saw some f'ed up kills on planet earth. like the goose ( i think ) was tryna protect their baby from the fox.and homie just said "gimmie dat "

I got the blu-ray set for like $45. it goes on sale every now and then.

if you have blu-ray you MUST own this or you're not getting the most out of your TV.

Planet Earth is a great series. I am a first year Science teacher at an inner city middle school and I bought the series for my classroom. I love it and thekids love it. Many of them haven't been far from the projects and much of the series you would never believe if you don't actually see it. I think/hopeit broadens their view and respect of our planet and how diverse it is.

Blue Planet is another series that is older, but in my opinion is better than Planet Earth in many ways(before teaching I was a marine biologist so I'mpartial). Blue Planet is all about our oceans. They play some of it on occasion, but it is a series you should definately check out if you like Planet Earth.

Originally Posted by BKsole

u gotta see it on bluray its amazin
Ehhh...

Don't get me wrong it looks stunning, but you gotta remember those scenes aren't really SHOT on HD cameras so sometimes when we watch at work on the new LEDs and XBRs and they look a lil bit grainysometimes.

The series is
smokin.gif
nonetheless. I watched it one night hoping it would put me to sleep.... Show had up all night
laugh.gif

agreed. Planet Earth is much appreciated. Blue Planet is also very good, though a bit older. my dream job would be filming for movies like this.
another good one, although entirely unrelated and not a documentary per se, is Baraka. very beautiful stuff

Originally Posted by swendro88

Anyone know where to get the blu ray for cheap?

I got mine from amazon for around $45. Theres two diff versions though. They got the US one that's narrated by Sigourney Weaver and there's a UKversion narrated by some dude. I didnt know that at the time and ended up getting the UK one but it really doesnt matter imo.

^ strangely I agree, you wouldn't think so at first but it is amazing, especially where the fresh/salt water meet, it looks totally trippy

^ no they just shuffle the order of the episodes.

People like Attenborough better than Weaver cause she sounds like she's reading off a script while he actually sounds like he's talking to you (akaproper narration). No difference past that.

Back
Top Bottom