Places to chill in Boston

In a couple weeks, I'm headed to Boston and I'm staying in Norwood for a few days, then going to Hancock. Just wondering if you guys can suggest somespots to check out, like places to eat, to shop, and hang out with a friend and stuff while I'm there, thanks

Concepts/Bodega/Karmaloop/Reup

most of the fashion scene is on Newbury st. downtown...a real nice street if the weather is right. I don't know if you are 21 or not, if so Boylston stright next to it has a grip of bars, not so much for clubs....but anything you want to find barwise. If you are looking for clubs you need to hit up fenway orthe theater district. There are also tons of shows going on in the theather district if you're into that.

and if you are a baseball fan you MUST visit fenway.

Karma loop still isnt open, went by it yesterday and it was closed.... you can also hit up laced, Niketown.......and theres also downtown crossing withmanhattens, expressions, champs, foot locker, fat tony's for fitteds...theres also some good places to go barwise in fanuel hall, as well as on comm ave byBU

as far as playin ball..U might wanna hit up some local colleges in the area and if you wanna play outside hit up washington park (I think thats what itscalled)

Originally Posted by Kicks10123

Karma loop still isnt open, went by it yesterday and it was closed.... you can also hit up laced, Niketown.......and theres also downtown crossing with manhattens, expressions, champs, foot locker, fat tony's for fitteds...theres also some good places to go barwise in fanuel hall, as well as on comm ave by BU

as far as playin ball..U might wanna hit up some local colleges in the area and if you wanna play outside hit up washington park (I think thats what its called)

You weren't one of the dudes that came up and asked me about Karmaloop in front of capital grille were you? Just curious...

Niketown's inventory sucks real bad, but it's worth a visit as it is a sort of museum of sorts. I forgot to mention expressions and laced. I thinkexpressions is the most slept on spot in the city. IMO expressions has more heat than bodega.

fanueil hall sucks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thatVERBAL

I'm a huuugge baseball fan and that was the first thing I thought about, but with my luck, the only days I'm in Boston, the Red Sox play 2 homegames, both only sold single seat tickets back when I checked, and now they're sold out. I'm thinking about just taking a tour there just for the hellof it. Oh yeah, I'm 18, so my options are like pretty damn limited, lol. And by the looks of it, theres potential I could be there for a Boston CelticsChampionship parade, lol

Originally Posted by daheadbanda

I'm a huuugge baseball fan and that was the first thing I thought about, but with my luck, the only days I'm in Boston, the Red Sox play 2 home games, both only sold single seat tickets back when I checked, and now they're sold out. I'm thinking about just taking a tour there just for the hell of it. Oh yeah, I'm 18, so my options are like pretty damn limited, lol. And by the looks of it, theres potential I could be there for a Boston Celtics Championship parade, lol

If you want tickets just line up for day of game tickets. I do it all the time, since Fenway sells out every game they reserve tons of tickets for day-of-gamesale. Line up at Gate E before the game and you can get tickets for face value.

and lets hope for that parade
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kicks10123

Karma loop still isnt open, went by it yesterday and it was closed.... you can also hit up laced, Niketown.......and theres also downtown crossing with manhattens, expressions, champs, foot locker, fat tony's for fitteds...theres also some good places to go barwise in fanuel hall, as well as on comm ave by BU

as far as playin ball..U might wanna hit up some local colleges in the area and if you wanna play outside hit up washington park (I think thats what its called)

You weren't one of the dudes that came up and asked me about Karmaloop in front of capital grille were you? Just curious...

Niketown's inventory sucks real bad, but it's worth a visit as it is a sort of museum of sorts. I forgot to mention expressions and laced. I think expressions is the most slept on spot in the city. IMO expressions has more heat than bodega.

fanueil hall sucks
laugh.gif
no man that wasnt me who came up and asked you.....I do agree with you about expressions tho. I think people sleep hardcore on that place

just came back from boston, no hate, but there is nothing can compare with nyc, for real

Originally Posted by spydertbl

just came back from boston, no hate, but there is nothing can compare with nyc, for real
why are you comparing? Boston doesn't want to be like NYC.... couldn't you tell it's more subtle here...?

Its true that NYC is on a whole nother level, but they are deffinatley two diffrent types of cities. ^ And thats true, boston doesnt want to be like NYC.

i'm headed to boston for game 1 of the finals and i'm gonna catch the red sox game wednesday night. my hotel is 2 blocks from newbury st so i'mheaded there thursday to have a look around. any other sneaker spots close by?

Originally Posted by spydertbl

Every city has it's own identity. The city of Boston could fit in one boro, so you shouldn't expect some gigantic metropolis. Boston is a city richin culture, if you couldn't absorb that from your visit you may need another visit or a thorough head check.

Back
Top Bottom