PIZZA FROM NY!!

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by PoloLax

New Haven apizza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all pizza. FACT.

this.

frank pepe's/sals >>> any pizza in NY

and im from NY

truth.com

i tried the pepes in fairfield because its closer to my house, definitely not the same as new haven 
is it worth the visit? you mean the one in yonkers right?

Originally Posted by PoloLax

New Haven apizza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all pizza. FACT.

this.

and im from NY

truth.com

i tried the pepes in fairfield because its closer to my house, definitely not the same as new haven 

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Its alot harder to find GOOD Mexican food in the Midwest or North East.

you can find a million good mexican spots in chicago/illinois, and i imagine ny to

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Its alot harder to find GOOD Mexican food in the Midwest or North East.

you can find a million good mexican spots in chicago/illinois, and i imagine ny to

Originally Posted by Club 27

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

(I do LOVE Pizza Rustica in Miami, tho)
I live literally 5 minutes from one.   Been there a few times.  LOVE it

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and live close by to one. I order from there pretty regularly. good pizza
I live by there also, good stuff, papis in pompano is good also

Originally Posted by Club 27

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

(I do LOVE Pizza Rustica in Miami, tho)
I live literally 5 minutes from one.   Been there a few times.  LOVE it

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and live close by to one. I order from there pretty regularly. good pizza
I live by there also, good stuff, papis in pompano is good also

this.

and im from NY

truth.com

Pepe's is prob. one of, if not, the most famous pizzeria in the nation. It's in the Wooster Square neighborhood of New Haven, where pizza reigns surpreme. Modern Apizza, Sally's apizza, Pepe's and countless others. Pepe's has expanded to both Fairfield, Connecticut and Yonkers, NY. While these are Pepe's establishments, they are not the original and won't stack up to the location in New Haven. For the authentic New Haven apizza you need to go to New Haven.

It's worth the trip. You can eat there and then you can try Louis Lunch for dinner, home of the original hamburger. They steam them and put them on white bread with onions and tomatoes, NO KETCHUP they will kick you out if you ask for it. It's a great late night snack when the bars close down...

But I've had New York pizza and New Haven apizza, and New Haven pizza is a lot better to me. New York pizza is greasy just like most pizza joints in Connecticut. As for as Chicago pizza, it's deep dish with a thick and doughy crust correct? If so to me that sounds very similar to greek pizza, which is not bad.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.
I've traveled a bit.. and I can say that every place outside of the NYC tri-state area has what I considered had sub-par thin crust pizza.  from poor dough, to even worse sauce..
ps. best Crabcakes I've had? O'Brycki's - Bmore
I don't know man. I refuse to believe there's a better crab cake in the world then G&M's in Linthicum Heights. Gotta' try it.

OP, I get where you are coming from. I think people just repeat what is told to them by the masses. The NY Pizza is an example. How in the world would anyone that hasn't eaten at NUMEROUS pizza spots from EVERY state come to the conclusion that NY has the best pizza? If nobody told you that, then that idea wouldn't even be a thought in your imagination. How do we know the pizza in New Mexico isn't the best? Or Arizona? We don't know. We as humans just repeat stuff man. Nothing further

Which is why I am always against those hyperbolic statements that people feel the NEED to make. Why does there have to be one place with the best pizza? Why can't we just talk about specific spots that have good pizza. Why condense it to a whole city and state and elevate it over every other city and state?

Speaking of crabcakes, I just bought some crab meat, probably will make some next week. CAN'T WAIT.
I've traveled a bit.. and I can say that every place outside of the NYC tri-state area has what I considered had sub-par thin crust pizza.  from poor dough, to even worse sauce..
I don't know man. I refuse to believe there's a better crab cake in the world then G&M's in Linthicum Heights. Gotta' try it.

this.

and im from NY

truth.com

Pepe's is prob. one of, if not, the most famous pizzeria in the nation. It's in the Wooster Square neighborhood of New Haven, where pizza reigns surpreme. Modern Apizza, Sally's apizza, Pepe's and countless others. Pepe's has expanded to both Fairfield, Connecticut and Yonkers, NY. While these are Pepe's establishments, they are not the original and won't stack up to the location in New Haven. For the authentic New Haven apizza you need to go to New Haven.

It's worth the trip. You can eat there and then you can try Louis Lunch for dinner, home of the original hamburger. They steam them and put them on white bread with onions and tomatoes, NO KETCHUP they will kick you out if you ask for it. It's a great late night snack when the bars close down...

But I've had New York pizza and New Haven apizza, and New Haven pizza is a lot better to me. New York pizza is greasy just like most pizza joints in Connecticut. As for as Chicago pizza, it's deep dish with a thick and doughy crust correct? If so to me that sounds very similar to greek pizza, which is not bad.

LOL @ Dirty making Obrycki's an Irish establishment.

Any good pizza is in the sauce. Most places I've been to outside of New York have a sweet tasting sauce that is A. disgusting and B. more like ketchup.

LOL @ Dirty making Obrycki's an Irish establishment.

Any good pizza is in the sauce. Most places I've been to outside of New York have a sweet tasting sauce that is A. disgusting and B. more like ketchup.

If you guys find yourself in need of a good slice in LA, hit up Enzo's Pizzaria in Westwood Village. %++# is delicious. it's NY style..never had pizza from NY but if it's anything like that i need it in my life NAO

If you guys find yourself in need of a good slice in LA, hit up Enzo's Pizzaria in Westwood Village. %++# is delicious. it's NY style..never had pizza from NY but if it's anything like that i need it in my life NAO

Originally Posted by AEA18

What about Lomabardi's in NY?????????

word this is what i want to know. I have dreams of hitting up this place but if it's not the best there is to offer i don't wanna waste my time

Originally Posted by AEA18

What about Lomabardi's in NY?????????

word this is what i want to know. I have dreams of hitting up this place but if it's not the best there is to offer i don't wanna waste my time

Back
Top Bottom