Pittsburgh Steelers (6-4) at Baltimore Ravens (5-5) - 11/29/09 @ 8:20 PM - The Dennis Dixon Show

Glad to hear that the general consensus is that Dixon played well! I was really hoping he'd get the OT touchdown but all in all not a bad first careerstart! Let alone against Baltimore....

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

Listening to Ray Lewis talk makes me want to shove pencils in my ears.

roll.gif

much-needed win, but i'm not impressed with how we played.

our o-line did a terrible job protecting Flacco. and our defense certainly should have been able to create more pressure on the Pitt. Dixon actually playedpretty well, but no way a guy with 1 start should be able to play like that against the Ravens D. i remember the days when our D would eat young QBs alive..
smh.gif
Mattison needs to rethink what he's doing, because we should have had a field day blitzing against the Steelers o-line.

at least we got some help in the wildcard race from Miami, Jacksonville, and Houston. if the playoffs started today, we'd be in at #6. maybe we can evencatch Denver for #5 by the end of the season.

Glad to hear Dennis is doing well..

anyone have highlight vids of tonight?

I wanna see how he did.

I dont like how a bunch of Steelers said after the game that they were upset/frustrated/baffled that Ben didnt play. Not a very good look for veterans to makestatements like this and cant be good for Dixon's confidence. Dennis played great IMO, and there is NO way you can tell me for certain that the Steelerswould have won had Ben played.

Originally Posted by dland24

I dont like how a bunch of Steelers said after the game that they were upset/frustrated/baffled that Ben didnt play. Not a very good look for veterans to make statements like this and cant be good for Dixon's confidence. Dennis played great IMO, and there is NO way you can tell me for certain that the Steelers would have won had Ben played.
Yea I heard a reporter say to Tomlin that Hines Ward was pretty vocal about Ben not playing...

Mike Tomlin addressed that in the post game. in a nutshell, Tomlin was like well those guys werent informed because we only got the word today and never toldanyone why. the doctors did not give him clearance and they should know how tough #7 is, then he said to a reporter if youve been in the same stadium the last3 yrs U know how tough Ben is...

thats pretty weak if its true wwhat Ward said, hopefully it was just a reporter blowing it out of proportion.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom